Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Vote to hear Mace Hammerhand's newest Rant!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  02:21:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Do you want to read Mace Hammerhand's Rant about the whole Tyr killing Helm fiasco?

Choices:

Yes, it''''s long overdue Mace. Bring it on already!
No, my ears still hurt from listening to Mace''''s rant about Mystra!

(Anonymous Vote)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 30 Dec 2007 13:34:10

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  03:10:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So long as this particular rant doesn't breach the Code of Conduct in any way, Mace is free to post his thoughts on this here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  08:09:57  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some good ranting would be great right now (as long as it doesnt get out of hand of course); a nice diversion from my own grumblings and cursings in front of the computer.
Go to Top of Page

LordArcana
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  12:43:10  Show Profile  Visit LordArcana's Homepage Send LordArcana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tyr killing Torm? Forgive my ignorance but what is the source of this?
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  12:50:21  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told He would kill Helm in a duel in 1384 DR !!
I was not told about Torm !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  13:33:22  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

I was told He would kill Helm in a duel in 1384 DR !!
I was not told about Torm !

OOOOPPPPPSSS! Sorry for the mistake! I always interpose Torm and Helm. Don't know why, I just do.

I fixed the Question! Thanks.

Edited by - The Red Walker on 30 Dec 2007 13:34:53
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  13:50:14  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had to log in just to vote for this!

My DnD Links and Creations
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  22:15:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordArcana

Tyr killing Torm? Forgive my ignorance but what is the source of this?

A poster named Greenknight--using several well-supported arguments--proposed that Torm replace Tyr (not necessarily "kill" him) on Rich Baker's Q&A thread on the WotC boards. Rich said he and some other designers liked the idea.

Note that having Tyr bow out in favor of making Torm a Greater god is likely to happen, but can't be considered set in stone yet.

EDIT: If you meant "Tyr killing Helm", that is mentioned in one of the last timeline entries of the Grand History of the Realms.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 30 Dec 2007 22:18:11
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  02:48:42  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bring on Mace's rant!!!!I enjoyed his rant about Mystra.This can only be good....

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  08:25:29  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RANT, RANT, RANT!
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  14:47:50  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bring it on, Mace...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  18:31:24  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shall add my voice to a call for this rant!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  08:36:49  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have my support, Mace!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2008 :  14:22:25  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mace my friend you have been called out by an overwhelming vote, Biring it on!

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2008 :  17:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Mace, can we have another rant about the newest bit of lore of how the 4e Realms is something about 46% of the scribes at CK hate and about 25% of the scribes dislike (for a total of about 71% of the scribes who at the very least are not at all enthusiastic about the "new" Realms).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2008 :  19:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gimme a poll...the last one (RANT) I did cuz I had to get it out of my system, won't RANT without a poll

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2008 :  01:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stop being such a diva.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2008 :  03:15:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes for a Mace Hammerhand Podcast!!!

Complete with cheesy French accent and spikey-haired gnomes.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  10:24:46  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it''''s long overdue Mace. Bring it on already!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Pandora
Learned Scribe

Germany
305 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  08:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Pandora's Homepage Send Pandora a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too bad we cant collect the "psychic energy" created by all the rants everywhere about the ton of stupid 4e changes and blast those out of existence.

If you cant say what youre meaning,
you can never mean what youre saying.

- Centauri Minister of Intelligence, Babylon 5

Edited by - Pandora on 31 Jul 2008 08:20:18
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  21:46:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your way overdue Mace, time to drain that Tankard and tell it like it is again my friend!

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  22:18:16  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...you still want me to rant?

One is brewing but it would contain lots of blank spaces where I have to censor stuff out. You'll have to check my lj, I guess

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  10:44:35  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We Want Rant! We Want Rant! We Want Rant!

I've been trying to keep up to the demand, but I fear that the quality of my rants isn't quite up to what the Candlekeep faithful have had from you, Mace. I know that practice makes perfect, and believe me, I'm practicing... and yes, I've produced some R-rated rants in my time too, but I'm not going to Disney-fy any of those ones for this crowd, largely because the subject matter is nothing to do with D&D. Real world politics, real world economics, irritating movies, NHL labor disputes, computers in general and Windows Me and Vista in particular... you name it, I've ranted about it.

On these boards, I've ranted at length about the $ellplague and the unnecessary slaughter of innocent deities and Chosen, not to mention the demise of Halaster... why isn't Undermountain exploding with monsters without him now, the way it did in "Stardock" when the Twisted Rune kidnapped him? Oh, for the same reason that arcane magic can still exist without Mystra and the Weave, and that a deity other than Ao can prevent a new deity of magic from ascending... because Wizbro said so! The 4e Realms need a retcon in the same way that Dragonlance SAGA Edition needed one, and/or they need to be sold to Paizo soon.

But either way, I'm not letting myself suffer; nothing published since the GHotR with "Forgotten Realms" on the cover exists for me. This doesn't mean I'm living in the past; my Realms timeline will advance quite happily, at a pace my gaming group sets, with no RSEs or other novel-selling abominations other than the implosion of Maztica (on a social and cultural level only; art imitates life here too) and the demise of Anauroch/return of Netheril; I always hated having that bloody huge desert there. Okay, I'm done. [/rant]

Sorry; I got a little carried away there.

Anyway, to reiterate:

We Want Rant! We Want Rant! We Want Rant!
[/chant]

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 28 Sep 2008 10:47:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000