Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spells that Probably exist, but we don't know them
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11798 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2022 :  14:57:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just a little fun.... come up with simple spell names/ideas for spells that you bet exist but never made it to books... example

Flatterly's Foretold Flatulence - this magic mouth variant is a triggered effect that creates the sounds of a virulent fart and its accompanying stench, but can be triggered to take effect in means similar to a magic mouth. For instance, it may only take effect whenever a certain individual, such as a certain unruly royal prince, enters a ballroom.

Salsin's Sinister Salting - this magic mouth variant is a triggered effect that causes a set of silverware to suddenly oversalt any food it touches when a triggering individual puts the food in their mouth. It does not affect if the triggering individual uses the silverware to feed someone else. For instance, it may only take effect whenever a certain individual, such as a certain unruly royal prince, sits down to dinner.

Ruttelyn's Rat Race - this magic mouth variant is a triggered effect that causes a sensation of several rats suddenly running up an individual's pants leg and heading towards their crotch. For instance, it may only take effect whenever a certain individual, such as a certain unruly royal prince, leans in to kiss his beloved.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2022 :  17:24:54  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hebmia's Huge Hooters - this spell summons a pair of giant owls that will do as commanded by the summoner to the best of their ability. Uses include scouting and even hunting to provide food for the caster. If the caster is evil, the owls will try to pervert any commands given to something that doesn't clash with the owl's alignment.

Ebloron's Nut Enlargement - Ebloron is the owner of a large walnut farm south of Keczulla. He commissioned a wizard to create this spell to increase the harvest from his trees. It is typically cast in the Spring, and it increases the trees' nut output by 25 to 50 percent at harvest time.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11798 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2022 :  18:05:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol, love the play on words.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
913 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2022 :  19:24:02  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We need "Taunt of the French Knights", a save-each round morale effect spell. Save on natural 20 gives target 20th level barbarian rage for free.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2022 :  16:53:36  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

lol, love the play on words.

I had another that used a slang term for a rooster, but I decided to not post it. I didn't want the 'Keep to start showing up in internet searches looking for "non-family friendly content".

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36789 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2022 :  19:15:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a slight more serious note, I'll direct people to something I've plugged before: Sean K Reynolds's book Goody White's Book of Folk Magic. It's the kind of magic that should be readily available in the Realms: stuff like healing burns, enhancing or blocking fertility, calming or curing animals, settling upset stomachs, making hair grow... The simple, practical stuff that common folks would have a need for, but that would never make it into the PHB because it's not splashy like a fireball.

The book is available as a free PDF, and it's something I'd readily recommend.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Dec 2022 19:15:19
Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  00:34:44  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you could fill a spellbook with suggested Ed Greenwood spells.....

Plot Armor- This spell allows any spellcasting character to suddenly and spontaneously be protected from any event, mostly spell attacks.

Plot Duration- This spell extends the duration of any spell as long as the plot needs it to.

Forget Common Sense-this spell causes a foe to forget they have common sense

Weak Attack- This curse type spell causes a foe to attack with their most weak attack
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  03:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This brings back memories of the April issue of Dragon Magazine.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36789 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  14:02:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

This brings back memories of the April issue of Dragon Magazine.

Because I never really learned too many lullabies or kids' songs, when my son was much younger, "Gnomish Space Marines" was a favorite at bedtime.

Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1308 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  15:38:10  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

On a slight more serious note, I'll direct people to something I've plugged before: Sean K Reynolds's book Goody White's Book of Folk Magic. It's the kind of magic that should be readily available in the Realms: stuff like healing burns, enhancing or blocking fertility, calming or curing animals, settling upset stomachs, making hair grow... The simple, practical stuff that common folks would have a need for, but that would never make it into the PHB because it's not splashy like a fireball.

When magic of that nature becomes ubiquitous, what differentiates The Realms from, say, Eberron?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11798 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  16:20:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:

When magic of that nature becomes ubiquitous, what differentiates The Realms from, say, Eberron?

First, the size, second a train... we have the rough equivalent of living spells (ahem, spell wards) in Rashemen (from before Eberron)... we've discussed using warforged in Rashemen as well to fit the constructs they were known for making... and a magically devastated land just south of Rashemen in Thazalhar (more of such in 5e, covering lots of Thay).... Dragonmarks = Spellplague touched

That's kind of why I've never understood the dislike some of the folks here have for Eberron. I know its non-canon, and I don't even know where the portal opened, but I like that the Eberron video game created a link between Toril and Eberron, and I'd consider it canon.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  16:35:09  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I grabbed a copy of the book Wooly recommended and it was interesting. However, many of the effects listed there can be done with various plants, lichen, and fungus described in various Realms sources. I just assume that nearly anything in there has a plant-based equivalent in the Realms. Not every small village is going to have spell caster but nearly everyone is going to have some local wiseman/wisewoman that will have a poultice or broth that will help with common ailments. It is only when it is something they can't handle that a trip to a temple may be needed. It is also why traveling clerics often get asked to help a sick local when they travel through a village.

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 16 Dec 2022 16:37:56
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36789 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  19:57:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The thing is, magic like this SHOULD already be ubiquitous in the Realms.

In fact, we know from Ed that magical contraception exists. Minor bits of magic like healing/soothing a burn or quelling diarrhea should be very common, because those things happen far more oft than someone needing to empty a room full of goblins with a magical explosion or casually translocating themselves thousands of miles in a moment.

These are the magics used by and for the common folk, to get through their daily lives. This has always been something largely untouched in game settings, because it doesn't sell books the way Undead Variant #3297 or Sword-Swinging Class #28 does.

And there are way, way more common folk than adventurers or nobles.

So there's no need to wonder how about differentiating one setting from another, just because of minor magical effects that will never see print: Both settings already have those minor things. It's the big stuff where you find the differences, not in the lives of humble folk living outside the large cities.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Dec 2022 20:00:28
Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2022 :  22:17:04  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The thing is, magic like this SHOULD already be ubiquitous in the Realms.

Pathfinder 1E has the book 1001 spells for the common man or something like that. It has a TON of common spells.

Of course, most D&D spells are pure combat, or at least adventuring spells. Few ever added 'common' spells, except a few like Ed Greenwood.

2E does have a bunch of common spells.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1308 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2022 :  00:45:27  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Eberron, the magical integration seems to be more...structured...and a tweaked reversal of that classic Arthur C. Clarke quote (there, sufficiently common magic becomes a technology); in The Forgotten Realms, the implementation - barring noteworthy arcane enclaves - is random by comparison. Maybe securing magical birthing aid truly is simply a matter of walking to the local "clinic" in Sharn whereas you might have to quest hundreds of miles to find a priestess of Shiallia that is willing to facilitate a smooth delivery. Anyhow, I prefer that my Realms leans closer to a fairy tale and so I wouldn't have every village chock-full of priests laden with these magics.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36789 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2022 :  00:48:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In Eberron, the magical integration seems to be more...structured...and a tweaked reversal of that classic Arthur C. Clarke quote (there, sufficiently common magic becomes a technology); in The Forgotten Realms, the implementation - barring noteworthy arcane enclaves - is random by comparison. Maybe securing magical birthing aid truly is simply a matter of walking to the local "clinic" in Sharn whereas you might have to quest hundreds of miles to find a priestess of Shiallia that is willing to facilitate a smooth delivery. Anyhow, I prefer that my Realms leans closer to a fairy tale and so I wouldn't have every village chock-full of priests laden with these magics.

So, in a high magic setting, you want your village priest to be entirely unable to use minor magics to aid the villagers?

Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1308 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2022 :  01:52:49  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So, in a high magic setting, you want your village priest to be entirely unable to use minor magics to aid the villagers?

We're talking a village? There would be a priest, yes (maybe a handful at most), but not a building that takes after a (semi-)modern hospital that is staffed by dozens of divine doctors; that's a hallmark of Eberron. To me, "high magic" denotes that powerful magic does exist...yet it doesn't necessarily indicate an omnipresence for every enchantment.

There's also the matter of flavor consistent with Realmsian canon. Early Shiallian priests had access to Ease Labor (which one might expect of those who venerate a fertility goddess). Given that these worshipers are a rare bunch in a fairly secluded forest, you would have to go to them.

quote:
This spell enables a priest of Shiallia to mitigate the pains of giving birth. By laying both hands on a pregnant female's belly (or above her womb), the Shiallian can ease labor pains, correct complications like a breech birth, and otherwise make labor as easy and painless as possible. No saving throw is required for this version of the spell and the spell's effect last throughout the birth process as long as the Shiallian maintains contact with the mother and/or child.

(Yes, there is a reversed offensive version of the above spell.)

They also have access to a Fertility spell that almost guarantees (95% chance) a healthy child if conception occurs soon after the casting; in a quasi-medieval setting, that is damn good.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36789 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2022 :  04:27:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who said anything about having a hospital? I've been speaking purely on the folk magic as described in the book I referenced.

And what's with the fixation on Shiallian priests? Why can't other priesthoods know similar magics? Healing magic and magic that removes afflictions are pretty common amongst the followers of many different deities, even if the deities aren't specifically associated with healing.

It is canon, from the creator of the setting himself, that magics exist regarding fertility -- and that they are oft used by nobility and royalty. That right there shows that such magics are not restricted to a single minor woodland deity.

Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2022 :  22:00:14  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We get the spell "Mount", but there should be lots of other such spells....really one for each animal. "Dog", "Cat", "Bird" and so on. Then all the 'job' animals, like "Corgun's Guard Dog" and "Luper's Hunting Dog".

Down from Polymorph would be "alter liquid" and "transform foodstuff" to make any food and drink anything else you wanted. Also the fun "fatten animal" to make an 'average' animal nice, think and plump to be killed and eaten.

It's CR content, but Widowgast's Transmogrification is a thing:https://twitter.com/VoiceOfOBrien/stats/1233524328517586949?s=19
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1308 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2022 :  02:01:56  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who said anything about having a hospital? I've been speaking purely on the folk magic as described in the book I referenced.

And what's with the fixation on Shiallian priests? Why can't other priesthoods know similar magics? Healing magic and magic that removes afflictions are pretty common amongst the followers of many different deities, even if the deities aren't specifically associated with healing.

It is canon, from the creator of the setting himself, that magics exist regarding fertility -- and that they are oft used by nobility and royalty. That right there shows that such magics are not restricted to a single minor woodland deity.

There is no "fixation"; it is an example (one that just so happened to be in my mind as of late) of how too much spell list homogenization strips away the uniqueness of the various faiths. This, I feel, was an unfortunate design decision going from 3e onwards. Not every (curative/restorative) divine spell has to be available to every priest.

The Illmatari should be best at mending torn flesh and knitting broken bones (or at least earlier compared to other priests).
The Eldathyn should be experts in curing afflictions that unbalance the mind (ditto for "or at least earlier")
Lathanderites should know more about counteracting attacks that drain the soul/"life energy" (ditto again).

Finally, certain allowances are more egregious than others; it's a given that essentially every priesthood has full access to the Cure x Wounds line of spells (which wasn't always the case), but why, for example, is a priestess of the goddess of darkness allowed to fire off Searing Light?

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2419 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2022 :  16:15:16  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bloodtide_the_red

We get the spell "Mount", but there should be lots of other such spells....really one for each animal. "Dog",

There are odd spells, like Conjure Sand Lion.
Items: various figurines.
Pure alarms are mostly done otherwise, of course.
quote:
"Cat", "Bird" and so on.

A cat's main usefulness is hunting various vermin. Which in context of limited duration and complete obedience is better done using snakes, if one is a summoner. Otherwise, most would go for flying seek-and-destroy motes delivering electrocution/freezing/etc.

Bird summoning should be a thing, at least in elven tradition.
The sea wizards may want to skip the inconvenience of land-seeking birds, but could as well do their job directly. Otherwise not sure, mostly falls under generic summons or replaced with music boxes.
quote:
Then all the 'job' animals, like "Corgun's Guard Dog" and "Luper's Hunting Dog".

PHB2: Mordenkainen’s Faithful Hound.
Polyhedron: Darvo's Dancing Dogs, Leopold’s Tiny Mutt.
GNSB: Alpha’s Hunting Hound, Alpha’s Spectral Hound.
Dragon (Arcane Lore: Demihuman Priest Spells): Call Hounds.
Also, more generic spells like generic summons and Charm Avians/Charm Animal/... overlap in functionality.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 19 Dec 2022 16:33:17
Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2022 :  02:12:57  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, SOME people find other uses for cats, such as playing with the cat or just cuddling with it. Same is true for birds...do a Snow White/Mary Poppins and have the song bird land on your hand and sing along with it.

Mount summons a horse(or such) for hours......there SHOULD be a spell for each and every animal.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2419 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2022 :  03:26:24  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
this magic mouth variant
this magic mouth variant
this magic mouth variant

Maybe we could just randomly pick pairs of substitute cantrips for it and find out how many of them have some feasible use, frivolous or not.
quote:
Originally posted by bloodtide_the_red

Well, SOME people find other uses for cats, such as playing with the cat or just cuddling with it.

Random summoned cat perhaps is not the best for that purpose.
quote:
Same is true for birds...do a Snow White/Mary Poppins and have the song bird land on your hand and sing along with it.

Definitely, though such performance would require much more than "summoned and agreeable", or even summoning + "speak with..." spell.
quote:
there SHOULD be a spell for each and every animal.

Perhaps for many, but the specific (not easily covered by generic summoning) uses would often require additional twists on the spell.
I mean, summon skunk definitely has its uses, but trap version of such a spell may be more popular.

Edited by - TBeholder on 21 Dec 2022 03:35:49
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11798 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2022 :  13:49:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
this magic mouth variant
this magic mouth variant
this magic mouth variant

Maybe we could just randomly pick pairs of substitute cantrips for it and find out how many of them have some feasible use, frivolous or not.

The big difference here isn't the effect, it is the ability to set a trigger for such effect, which most cantrips can't do. This is why I compared to magic mouth and made it NOT a cantrip. The power of the effect that's triggered off of it is of cantrip level, but the true "power" is spent in the creation of a trigger. Similarly, the visual creation of a mouth that says some words with magic mouth can also be created by a cantrip, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some folks out there that used a cantrip to create a "false" magic mouth effect to make people think "they've been detected".

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2419 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2022 :  22:30:45  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The big difference here isn't the effect, it is the ability to set a trigger for such effect, which most cantrips can't do. This is why I compared to magic mouth and made it NOT a cantrip.
I mean, what Magic Mouth does? Once triggered, runs a pair of low-grade illusions (thus cantrip-level, like Two-D’lusion) in a pre-programmed fashion for a short while.
Likewise, Burnishing Hand. It was plainly said to be "a specialized cantrip spell"; presumably it just spams Clean+Shine all over anything touched within duration.

So, e.g. Magic Mouth, but with Ravel + Spill: makes a simple "spilling bag" trap that can dispense marbles, aniseed, paint, etc. Likewise, Untie.
Horn + Listen: could work as an alarm. It's not loud, but will suffice in places where people are nearby (shops, etc), between the horn playing as long as Magic Mouth talks, and the second part making it likely people will pay attention.

Anyway, here's a bookmarklet. If copy-pasted instead of URL in a browser bookmark, this script generates a pop-up with random results every time you "open" the bookmark. Source https://lastgaspgrimoire.com/generators/initiation/
quote:

javascript:(function(){%20var%20output=%20"";%20var%20blobheading%20=%20["This%20spell%20is%20activated%20like%20Magic%20Mouth,%20but%20its%20effect%20is%20pre-programmed%20application%20of%20these%20two%20cantrips:%20","and%20"];%20var%20paragraph%20=%20"\n";%20var%20blob%20=%20[["Bee%20(Summoning;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Belch%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Blink%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Bluelight%20(Conjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Bug%20(Summoning;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Catfeet%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Change%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Chill%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Clean%20(Abjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Color%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Colored%20Lights%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Cough%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Creak%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Curdle%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Cut%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Dampen%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Dim%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Dirty%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Distract%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Dry%20(Abjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Dust%20(Abjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Dusty%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Exterminate%20(Abjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Firefinger%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Flavor%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Footfall%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Freshen%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Gallop%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Gather%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Giggle%20(Charm;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Gnats%20(Summoning;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Groan%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Hairy%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Haze%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Hide%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Horn%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Knot%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Listen%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Mask%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Mirage%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Moan%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Mouse%20(Summoning;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Mute%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Nod%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Noise%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Palm%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Polish%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Present%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Rainbow%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Rattle%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Ravel%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Salt%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Scorch%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Scratch%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Shine%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Smokepuff%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Snatch%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Sneeze%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Sour%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Spark%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Spice%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Spider%20(Summoning;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Spill%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Sprout%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Sting%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#100,%20FRCS1)",%20"Stitch%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Sweeten%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Tangle%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Tap%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Tarnish%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Thump%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Tie%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Tweak%20(Conjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Twitch%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Two-D%E2%80%99lusion%20(Illusion;%20from%20Dragon%20#61,%20UA)",%20"Unlock%20(Conjuration;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Untie%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Warm%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Whistle%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Wilt%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Wink%20(Enchantment;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)",%20"Wrap%20(Alteration;%20from%20Dragon%20#59,%20UA)",%20"Yawn%20(Evocation;%20from%20Dragon%20#60,%20UA)"],[""]];%20blob[1]%20=%20blob[0];%20var%20rnd_idx%20=%20[Math.floor(Math.random()*blob[0].length),%20Math.floor(Math.random()*(blob[0].length-1))];%20if%20(rnd_idx[1]==rnd_idx[0]){rnd_idx[1]%20=%20blob[0].length-1};%20var%20heading%20=%20"";%20output%20=%20(paragraph);%20for(var%20i=0;%20i<blob.length;%20i++){%20heading%20=%20blobheading[i];%20var%20table%20=%20blob[i];%20output%20+=(paragraph)+(heading)+(paragraph)+(table[rnd_idx[i]]);%20};%20output%20+=(paragraph);%20alert(output+(paragraph));%20})();

Have fun.

Edit: clarity. Removed redundant data from the copied generator, while keeping the script easy to expand. Also, made sure both random picks are not identical.

Edited by - TBeholder on 09 Jul 2024 08:39:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000