Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Steel Dragons Adventure Journal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:14:51
Eleint 1374 DR

Cormyr has entered a time of turmoil. The preceding years have brought disastrous events to the Forest Kingdom. Cormyr has recently suffered from Blight, Invasion, the deaths of both King Azoun and the Crown Princess, and a limited insurgency. Alusair holds the throne until the babe Azoun V grows old enough to rule. Sembia looks upon the land of the Purple Dragon with hungry eyes, then on 1 Hammer 1372 the City of Shade returned to Faerun... and things grew worse across the land. What follows is an excerpt from the Player's Guide to Faerun:

quote:
...Alusair of Cormyr was entertaining the Shadovar emissaries and considering the benefits of a possible alliance between the Forest Kingdom and the City of Shade. But any possibility of such an alliance was destroyed by... proof that the Shadovar were using potent magic to melt the High Ice, with the intention of rendering Anauroch fertile. When it became clear that the Shades cared nothing about the years of flooding and starvation that this action would bring about in the rest of Faerun, the Steel Regent ordered the emissaries to leave Cormyr and began organizing an alliance to attack Shade directly. Cormyr's Royal Magician, Caladnei established a base camp in a defensible network of canyons below the city.

Aware that Cormyr was preparing for an assault on their city, the Shadovar gathered as many of their troops as they could spare and marched on Cormyr itself. The Cormyrans, thanks to the magical capability of the former Royal Magician Vangerdahast, were ready for the Shades and met them at Tilverton. during the ensuing battle, Vangerdahast released a potent magical weapon against the Shade army, hoping to gain an edge in the coming war. Unfortunately, the interaction of this weapon with the Shadow Weave magic of the Shade army released a spectacular surge of energy that utterly destroyed Tilverton.

Cormyr is still reeling from the loss of Tilverton and the aftershocks of King Azoun IV's recent death, and virtually every nation in the region is now facing a severe drought and an economic crisis. Given the Shadovar's tenacity, it seems lunlikely that this temporary peace can last much longer.

The situation is made more complicated still by recent events in the Dalelands. (refer to Dragon Magazine #354 for full details).

Mirtul, 1374
-Scyulla Darkhope of Zhentil Keep prepares to march south on the town of Yulash.
-An Elven Crusade lead by Lord Seiveril Miritar of Elion appears in Semberholme. The leader of the Crusade re-affirms the Dales Compact

Kythorn, 1374-The Elven Crusade marches toward Mistledale and Shadowdale
-Hillsfar and Sembia enter into an alliance with the Nemesis of the Elven Crusade. Hillsfar begins mustering an army to send toward Battledale and Mistledale, while Sembia recruits mercenaries to send north along Rauthauvyr's Road through Featherdale and Tasseldale.
-Hillsfar allies with Zhentil Keep. The Black Network agrees to invade Daggerdale and Shadowdale.
-Sembia's mercenaries occury Battledale
-Hillsfar reneges on its alliance with housee Dlardrageth and is attacked by its spurned allies.

Eleasis, 1374
-Emmisaries of the Crusade reach a truce with the Sembians.
-Zhentil Keep crushes the Hillsfaran garrison at Yulash. The first Lord of Hillsfar disappears as Hillsfar is conquered by the Zhentarim.
-The Crusade triumphs over its foes and occupies Myth Drannor
-Fzoul Chembryl enters into alliance with two surface drow houses to work in concert against the newly re-occupied Myth Drannor.
-Scyulla Darkhope begins to establish fortifications along the Moonsea Ride in order to consolidate power over the region.

To deal with the new dangers of the world, the Steel Regent Alusair Obarskyr issued a secret directive to establish a task force uniquely capable to solve problems that Armies and War Wizards are unsuited to on 1 Hammer 1373. These units would stand outside of the normal command structure of the Purple Dragons under her direct control via her trusted servant given the code named Dragon's Shadow. The men and women selected for this duty would be the pinnacle of potency and loyalty, would be diverse enough in their skills to tackle any situation. They would be her secret weapon, her personal dragons...
STEEL DRAGONS

Over the last year, Purple Dragons and War Wizards alike have become acquainted with the activities of the Steel Dragons. Their secrecy and favored status sometimes engender rivalry and bitterness, but none envy the missions that these elite few are charged with.

This Journal shall follow the adventures of one squad of Steel Dragons. Please feel free to comment or ask questions. I hope that you enjoy the reading.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Abulon Posted - 02 Jul 2007 : 16:08:15
Very nice to read! I will run this campaign in near future and it's always fun to read other's journal.

Keep up the good work
WalkerNinja Posted - 29 Jun 2007 : 16:27:54
Session 4
Eleint 12-15

Day 1
-The Steel Dragons, lead by Lionar Stedd Huntsilver, follow the map found at the temple of Mystra. At the end of the first day, they arrive at the Unknown Shrine. A pair of "merchants" are allready camped out at the Shrine. Maintaining their cover as adventurers, they probe the "merchants" for ties to Shar. The merchants confided that they have been hiding their wares in the Tomb of Chonis (they couldn't afford a warehouse), and ask the "adventurers" to help retrieve it from some brigands that now control the Tomb. The Steel Dragons (not wanting any companions, and not trusting merchants) request an exorbitant bounty (one they know that the "merchants" will refuse). Their offer is refused. The following morning they merchants leave for Immersea, while the adventuerers head for the Tomb of Chonis, the next way point on their map.

Day 2
-The Steel Dragons find the Tomb of Chonis occupied by "shadowlings" of great cunning. The battle for the mausoleum is long and hard in coming, but victory is eventually achieved. In a secret room, they find the "merchants" goods, and commandeer most of them for their journey. When they think about the legal implications, they write this off as "salvaging abandoned goods that previously belonged to shady characters."

Day 3
-Coming up on the second to last land mark at the edge of the Vast Swamp , The Skull Staff, the party is ambushed by a Lizardfolk war band comprised of hunters from many tribes (Poison Dusk, Black Scale, and Sharp Tooth). Speaking quickly in Draconic, the Steel Dragons quickly assure the Lizardfolk of their peacefull intentions. One of the warriors agrees to guide the party to their leader, Kessessek.

-Kessessek informs the PC's that the Lizardfolk have been trying to capture the dominated humans (hairy-onezzz) that go to the Shadowscale keep. The Shadowscales used to be Lizardfolk of the Dragonslayer Clan, but have been perverted by a Dragon called Despayr. Despayr does not seem to nest at the keep anymore. The old chieftain and Kessessek's wife have been captured and are there.

-The Lizardfolk Coalition's camp is attacked by Shadowscale and Grell. The party proves to be strong against them but make two dangerous discoveries

1) The shadowscale are now undead shadow creatures
2) They drain spells straight out of your head!!!

WalkerNinja Posted - 29 Jun 2007 : 16:06:24
Session 3
Eleint 11-12

-The Steel Dragons of Bravo Squad re-unite (mostly, Morn and Grond are asked by their superiors to remain at the inn).
-Slow and steady progress is made by the remaining four Steel Dragons into the lower, more ancient, levels of the Temple of Mystra. All Sharrans are slain, as are their shadow-tainted guards, their shadow earth elementals, displacer snakes, pet amphibious otyugh. One prisoner survives.
-The Steel Dragons discovers the presence of not only Sharrans but of Cyricists, a failed portal to the Plane of Shadow, and a map showing the way to a Sharran stronghold in the Vast Swamp
-Lionar Stormcrow arrives with Grond, Morn and Alpha Squad (posing as Mystran Guards). The "Mystran" compound is secured. They are ordered to continue tracking the Sharran infestation (and to leave no threat to Cormyr living).
-Bravo Squad is briefed on the Vast Swamp and its environs. Morn Dundragon is re-assigned to Alpha Squad.
-Bravo Squad is given 24 hours to recuperate before returning to the chase
WalkerNinja Posted - 29 Jun 2007 : 16:05:58
Session 3
Eleint 11-12

-The Steel Dragons of Bravo Squad re-unite (mostly, Morn and Grond are asked by their superiors to remain at the inn).
-Slow and steady progress is made by the remaining four Steel Dragons into the lower, more ancient, levels of the Temple of Mystra. All Sharrans are slain, as are their shadow-tainted guards, their shadow earth elementals, displacer snakes, pet amphibious otyugh. One prisoner survives.
-The Steel Dragons discovers the presence of not only Sharrans but of Cyricists, a failed portal to the Plane of Shadow, and a map showing the way to a Sharran stronghold in the Vast Swamp
-Lionar Stormcrow arrives with Grond, Morn and Alpha Squad (posing as Mystran Guards). The "Mystran" compound is secured. They are ordered to continue tracking the Sharran infestation (and to leave no threat to Cormyr living).
-Bravo Squad is briefed on the Vast Swamp and its environs. Morn Dundragon is re-assigned to Alpha Squad.
WalkerNinja Posted - 29 Jun 2007 : 16:04:06
Session 3
Eleint 11-12

WalkerNinja Posted - 06 Jun 2007 : 14:41:57
Session 2
Eleint 10 and 11

Having divided themselves into two teams:

Eleint 10, morning

.-Lionar Stedd Huntsilver, Orson Yano the Marred, and Dash Sunsteel infiltrate the Temple of Mystra under the guise of earning Mystra's Sacred Trust.
-Stedd and Orson, checking the sermons against their knowledge of the Mystran faith and determine that Starweaver Fembrys' words are so much mysterious mumbo jumbo.
-The three Steel Dragons are poorly fed, allowed little sleep, and are kept busy all day with chants and sermons. They are asked to leave their equipment in a locked chest under their bunks.

Eleint 10, evening

-Dash had smuggled iron rations into the temple, and kept his fellows well fed.
-Starweaver Fembrys makes mention of "The Starry Gnosis." Neither Mystrans are familiar with the term, but Orson recalls hearing of it in the context of a Sharran legend from Calimshan.

Eleint 10, midnight

-Lionar Stedd Huntsilver makes use of an Animal Messenger spell during a late night trip to the bathroom to keep in contact with Morn Dundragon back in Wheloon. Akora'ala, Grond, and Morn Dundragon wait at the base of the bluffs upon which the temple of Mystra sits awaiting the animal messenger. He tells second, Morn, that the three of them are all right and to investigate the Starry Gnosis.

-Meanwhile back in Wheloon-
Eleint 10, morning

-Akora'ala goes for a morning run and does some investigating in town. She discovers that the local bookseller, Amnic Basult, has recently disappeared, and finds a brochure for the Temple of Mystra at the crime scene. She is asked to look into his disappearance by his wife Mela. Additionally, Katriana Donohar, the presiding priestess at the Harvest Hall reveals that the priests of Mystra have been polite, but not necessarilly friendly.

-Grond and Morn Dundragon encounter an itinerant priest of Mystra, Tunaster Dranik. Percieving them to be adventurers, he tells them of his strange experiences at this local temple of Mystra. He promises them 2,000 gold lions to investigate (500 up front), and he will ride to the Tower of Mystery in Saerloon to gain assistance from the priests there.

Eleint 10, midnight

-Upon returning to the Wyvern Watch Inn, Akora'ala Hlaviir, Grond, and Morn Dundragon discover that a message has been left for them reading "I can help you sneak into the temple, but they are watching me. Come meet me in one hour at 23 Impil Street, on the east side of the river."
-Akora'ala convinces the other two that this is clearly a trap. Morn decides to ignore the missive.
-Morn, using the magical scroll tube entrusted to Stedd by Lionar Stormcrow, submits a request to command concerning the nature of the Starry Gnosis.

Eleint 11, evening

-Making their evening journey to the bluffs near the Temple of Mystra to recieve their next communique from inside, Morn, Grond, and Akora'ala are ambushed by asassains: a plate mailed fighter, and an elusive halfling sniper.
-The battle is long and brutal, but the Steel Dragons survive the encounter. The halfling, however, escapes.

Eleint 11, Midnight

-Hurrying on the the rendevous point, Grond uses a minor magic to transmit a 5 word message to Lionar Huntsilver, after recieving word from the animal messenger.

"AMBUSHED. ATTACK IN ONE HOUR."

-Meanwhile, back in the temple-

-Lionar Huntsilver utters a curse as his plans are turned awry by Grond's message, and he hurries back to the bunks.
-The Lionar directs Orson and Dash to subdue and bind the other initiates in their bunk room, and to prepare quietly for battle.
-Deciding to don their armor under the protection of a silence spell from Orson, both warriors are quickly ready to fight.
-Orson, still in his ritual garb feigns a trip to the bathroom in order to assess the positions of the guards.
-After reporting, Lionar Huntsilver plans to have silenced the interior guards by the time the Wheloon company arrives.
-30 minutes after having recieved the message, with Dash watching and listening from the ajar door, a guard walks into the main ceremonial room. He informs the two guards on watch that trouble is expected and to be on their guard.
-Stedd Huntsilver's attack is immediately initiated.
-Through strategic thinking and tactical superiority, the three Steel Dragons manage to kill or subdue all of the guards, Father Shan Thar, the Sorcerer Kevrin, and two Shadow Guards without allowing the alarm to pass on into the lower levels of the temple.

-Exhausted and wounded, Huntsilver's team awaits the arrival of Morn Dundragon's team.

Abulon Posted - 05 Jun 2007 : 05:52:08
I like how you introduced your players in the story and I will used some of your good ideas Walkerninja!

When will you post the session 2?

Keep up the good work
WalkerNinja Posted - 23 May 2007 : 21:27:35
Just something fun to flavor things up...

That first day at the Blushing Maiden Inn before reinforcements and new command arrived...

::Morn and Orson had been discussing how long it had been since they had "enjoyed" female companionship::

Morn: "It sure has been a long time. Every one of these ladies is starting to look good!"

Orson: "No kidding!" motions towards Akora'ala, "I'd even think about gettin' into that!"

Akora'ala: Stoicly without blinking. "Not if you knew what had allready been in there."

Orson and Morn look at each other blankly, cringe, and order more ale.
WalkerNinja Posted - 23 May 2007 : 20:57:32
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

The Lord of Wheloon Sarp Redbeard, this name gives me the creeps. I would be surprised if they got slapped around by this guy and yes he is a rough one.

Just an idear, whey not let them investigate some of the houses owned by Redbeard by night, and when he hears that someone has been visiting his houses he would certainly visit the new travellers in (His) city.

This Ill tempered warrior would be one that every player would remember fore a long time

Owned houses in Wheloon
Redbeard Rental storage and Shipping and Woumar´s Weheloon Mill

Its all possible, it just depends on where the players take it. Right now, they're pretty intent on keeping a low profile, so I don't know if things will head that direction. In a very militaristic fashion they are keeping their plans as simple as possible. If they can accomplish their mission without anyone ever knowing that they were there, that is preferred.

quote:

I realy like the idear and the work you put into it, there are only one thing that I don’t like and that is (Bravo Sqaud), I doesn’t sound “relmish”.

I fully understand this criticism. On the other hand, I wanted to stress the military feel of the campaign. Cormyrean military terms being what they are, they don't always catch that feel in my players minds (it should be apparent from some of the bios that not all are fully familiar with the setting). On the other hand, I am open to this squad earning a name for themselves.

quote:

And by the way that’s realy good stats
Morn's stats are: Str 15, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 18, Wis 15, and Cha 14

Yes, there are several characters with exceptional stats in this group. They are special ops after all.

quote:

WhAT ABUT GIVING THEM SECRET NAMES.
(LIKE : Eagle fore sniper – Dark Walker fore spy up front and so one… )

Much as above, I figured that handles should earned rather than invented. On the other hand, I think that Akora'ala is just a few comments away from being dubbed something like, "the Iron Death Bitch."

quote:

Keep up the great work WalkerNinja

Will do.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 23 May 2007 : 20:38:40
The Lord of Wheloon Sarp Redbeard, this name gives me the creeps. I would be surprised if they got slapped around by this guy and yes he is a rough one.

Just an idear, whey not let them investigate some of the houses owned by Redbeard by night, and when he hears that someone has been visiting his houses he would certainly visit the new travellers in (His) city.

This Ill tempered warrior would be one that every player would remember fore a long time

Owned houses in Wheloon
Redbeard Rental storage and Shipping and Woumar´s Weheloon Mill

I realy like the idear and the work you put into it, there are only one thing that I don’t like and that is (Bravo Sqaud), I doesn’t sound “relmish”.

And by the way that’s realy good stats

“Morn Dandragon of Eveningstar in Cormyr” ohh.. I just like the ring to that.

WhAT ABUT GIVING THEM SECRET NAMES.
(LIKE : Eagle fore sniper – Dark Walker fore spy up front and so one… )

Keep up the great work WalkerNinja

WalkerNinja Posted - 21 May 2007 : 17:04:55
Session 1

Eleint 1-9, 1374

-Akora'ala (female 1/2 drow cleric of Kelemvor), Orson (male human wizard/priest of Mystra), and Morn Dundragon (male human rogue/ranger of Mystra), the remnants of Bravo Squad, await orders and reinforcements at the Blushing Maiden Inn in Dhedluk and have been there for three days.
-Dash (male human fighter) has been recruited from the Purple Dragons in Arabel after some memorable service. Not entirely certain what he's getting into, he rides into Dhedluk. He makes great friends with the stable master.
-Grond (male Earth Genasi wizard) has been grudgingly transferred from the service of the War Wizards to that of the Steel Dragons. The resentful War Wizards teleport him with little gear or information to Dhedluk.
-Lionar Stedd Huntsilver (male human(?) ranger of Mystra), recently promoted from within Alpha Squad after his heroics in Marsember, rides to Dhedluk to take command of the recently decimated Bravo Squad.
-Lionar Huntsilver takes authoritative command of Bravo Squad on the evening of the first, informs them that they will continue on in Dhedluk until orders arrive from the Dragon's Shadow. He also determines that drill and training will resume the following morning.
-After a morning of heavy training, Lionar Huntsilver has taken sufficient measure of his squad and whole heartedly approves particularly with the performances of Akora'ala and Grond.
-Lionar Huntsilver, confident in the performance of his squad challenges Lord Thiombur's personal guards to an obstacle course. The challenge is accepted and the course is assembled overnight.
-After a relatively close match (Bravo Squad was somewhat fatigued from the previous day), our heroes emerge triumphant amidst much cheering from the local populace of Dhedluk.
-A lone stranger watches the contest with detached attention. At its conclusion, he approaches Lionar Huntsilver and introduces himself as Lionar Stormcrow the unit commander of squads Alpha Bravo and Charlie. At moonrise, Bravo squad is to accompany him to the Hidden Fang in order to recieve orders from the Dragon's Shadow directly.
-After re-arming and submitting to inspection, Bravo Sqaud takes a brisk ride through the King's Forest. Lionar Stormcrow uses a command word and a pass key to reveal the cloaked tower.
-Within, the Dragon's Shadow gives Lionar Huntsilver his mission: A Temple of Mystra has recently been established in Wheloon. The Temple is large and extravagant, and was built in record time. Lord Sarp Redbeard is profitting greatly from the temple there due to the taxes levied against them. On the surface, all seems to be normal. However, some people have been disappearing lately, and the Temple is the only commonality between them. Further, a wandering Mystran priest has made some allegations against the Temple and has called for an investigation of it. Lord Redbeard's Purple Dragons made a cursory search of the grounds and turned up nothing. The priest has since called for adventurers in a vague proclamation speaking of "a riddle."
-The Dragon's Shadow's orders are:
I. Investigate the Temple of Mystra at Wheloon thoroughly.
II. Ascertain whether a threat to Cormyrean security or the safety of Cormytes exists.
III. Eliminate that threat down to it roots discretely.

The mission is complicated by the fact that Lord Sarp Redbead is something of a Rogue Lord with a fierce independent streak. Historically, he has not well tolerated Royal intervention in his district. Additionally, Purple Dragons seldom rotate out of Wheloon and tend to have a greater than normal loyalty to their Lord.

The Dragon's Shadow explicitly instructed that no loose ends be left behind, that the mission must be finished to the hilt.

-To this end, Lionar Huntsilver has decided that Bravo Squad must go undercover to avoid complications. Lionar Stormcrow provided Bravo Squad with an Adventuring Charter for a band of adventurers recently incarcerated by authorities in Suzail. They will be held quietly until the completion of the mission.

-Once reaching Wheloon, the squad investigates the fore room of the temple and become aquainted with Father Shan Thar who encourages them to gain "Mystra's Sacred Trust." None of the Mystrans in the group recognize the reference. Similarly, some of the iconography within the Temple appears to be "off." In particular, Several feminine idols adorn the temple. While not specifically prohibited by the Mystran faith, their presence is out of place.
-Several squad members distract the priests while Morn slips into an unlocked door and finds a note in a secret drawer. He slips back into the public room unnoticed. [The note is attached to this e-mail].
-Earning Mystra's Sacred Trust requires a 25 Golden Lion donation and a three day and night ceremony wherein the participants are to be sequstered.
-Lionar Huntsilver, Orson, and Dash decide to donate the 25 Golden Lions and begin the ceremony the next day.
-Morn Dundragon (temporarilly placed in command), Grond, and Akora'ala will remain in Wheloon and monitor the condition of the other three and communicate with them by magic.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 13 May 2007 : 10:16:39
I really like the idea that Cormyr hase a specialised team that takes care of extraordinary problems. Waterdeep hase their own Force Grey whey should Comyr not have Steal Dragons.. But I would expect that their “force” would be more civilised and (Lawful)

I will certainly cheek this post as you continue your work.
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:32:43
This player has not provided a detailed background and is something of an enigma within his own squad. I have endeavored to extend at least a partial description here.

Grond
Male Lesser Earth Genasi
Wizard 4

Grond was found as a child locked in a cage by a War Wizard investigating human smuggling in Marsember. The War Wizard, uncertain of Grond's race (and thus his disposition) brought him back to HQ for study. Much of Grond's early life was spent being studied by the Royal Wizards of War. By his early teens, it was thought that everything that could be known of him had allready been found out.

A senior War Wizard took Grond under his wings to develop his natural intellectual abilities to perhaps forge a new War Wizard for the Forest Kingdom. While Grond was keen to learn magic, he found that he had no aptitude for the intrigues, misdirections, and paranoia of the War Wizards. His lack of aptitude in these fields were not un-noticed by his superiors.

Soon they came to the realization that Grond would never become a full fledged War Wizard, but neither could be dismissed from Cormyr's service (he was far too loyal to simply discard). After shopping around for a bit for a niche in which to place him. A mysterious requistion came to the College of War Wizards with Royal Authority requesting a trained and loyal wizard for special (and classified) services.

Grond was teleported to the cited destination within the hour with little explanation, and no preparation.
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:31:38
Note: This character profile is being posted as it was given to me in an unedited format. This is due in part to capture to player's original intent, and in part because I'm too lazy to go through and fix the problems with them. Understand, however that the inaccuracies presented here have been corrected in person.

Dash Sunsteel
Human Male
Fighter 4

Name: Dash Sunsteel
Male
6' 7'' tall
210 lbs
Brown eyes
Very short jet black hair
Very well tanned
19 years old

Hailing from Shadow dale, Dash was bathed into adulthood at the early age of 5. At that age, Dash's father was attacked in their home. Fending off the attackers, his father did not notice the man sneaking up behind. Dash held in his hands a short sword and ran the man through. His father was proud; his mother understood, but she was not happy. Dash knew he was justified so he never had second thoughts. His mother tried to lead him to anything that would keep him out of becoming a solider like his father, Roland. Roland was never at home. She tried but too many times she was finding her son defending one person or another with bloodshed. Dash often found himself in courts defending him with most outcomes ending with justice served. In one instance, however, a noble man's son attempted to rape a poor young maiden, Catherine. After showing the young man the error of his ways, Dash found himself in the courts again. Justice was not found that day. Dash could not understand the world of politics or how this could have happened. He was to be sent to jail at the young age of eleven. A man stood up, smiled kindly at Dash and told Dash this would not happen in a military court. The man turned to the courts and said the boy was to be enlisted into the ranks in stead of spending the time in jail.

Dash's time in the ranks was tough on him. Being sometimes six or seven years younger that most recruits, he was hazed a lot. The hazing was worse when his skills surpassed those older than he. While most went off to stop some of the invasions from Zental Keep, Dash was often left on guard duty being so young Dash took pride in his work, and never became bored with his orders. One night, he was walking his route when he saw several torch lights approaching fast toward his post. He quickly sounded the alarm. Several of the guards were drunk and stumbled out drawing swords out with some staying in the sheaths. Dash always being battle ready quickly readied his javelin. As the first black horse came into light, and he saw the markings of Zental Keep his javelin flew true striking down the horse and causing a break in formation. He readied another javelin and let it fly. It glanced a second horse. He ducked as he saw the crossbows targeted in his area. He jumped down from the small outlooking tower and drew his long sword. He barked some orders to two guards near him knocking them out of their fear. They followed Dash. The enemy was inside the gates. He cursed the guards that did not do their job. He thought we three against thirty plus men would not do so well, but why are they here. He quickly thought of possible reasons, as the two guards leaped from their shadow to attack an easy target. Their target dead did not help them from the two horse riders. He over heard one of the riders asking another rider if they had found the scroll. Dash knew what they were after. As much as he wanted haste, he carefully snuck back into the small quarters of his captain. Two men rushed in after him. He felled the two men in an epic battle (he is twelve after all). He quickly found a scroll case hidden in the fake wall. The battle sounds were getting faint. Dash moved out wounded and wanting to stay alive. He moved to a dark spot and waited for the right time to try to escape. He jumped the wall and ran to a near stockpile of barrels and climbed into one. His wounds were worse than he thought and all went black. He awoke to the stern eyes of his captain and his sergeant as they pulled him from the barrel. The sergeant did not seem happy. He told Dash that no one was alive but him. He could not believe that the men drank and lost their lives as well as the possibility of many others. Dash moaned as he was dropped to the ground and the scroll case rolled out of his hands. The sergeant quickly grabbed the scroll case opened it and seemed hugely relieved. The sergeant told Dash he had just saved many lives. For two more years, he was under the command of the sergeant fighting battles against Zental Keep. A group a griffon riders assisted one such battle, and a new time in his life began.

Dash told his sergeant he wanted, more than anything, to be a griffon rider. After some diplomacy, Dash was off to Deeping Dale. His first experience with elves was pleasant to him. He knew they were none to happy of him being there, and reminded him several times that he was here on a favor. Dash took it upon himself to start learning Elvish. As always he was picked on; most would never have any pleasant words to tell him. He learned to control horses first; he did well causing more disdain from those around him. He finally was able to begin griffon riding training. Dash loved it, and was quickly out flying new recruits. At the age of fifteen, Dash had finished his elven studies and felt proud that he could answer his instructors in their own language. He finished his training but not being elven kept him from achieving any position in their ranks. One of the elders felt moved by this, and awarded Dash in privite a belt that had healing powers. Saddened, Dash left Deeping Dale.

Dash happened to read a flyer wanting brave souls to help the purple dragons fight off the scourge of demons. He did not feel right about returning home so he ‘ventured into Cormyr at the age of sixteen. The training was more formal here. He was still young, but he wasn’t hazed as much. Dash stayed to his duties and his off time was used to perfect skills. His first battle was a raid on a keep. Orcs flooded the battle field. Dash was part of a flank that rushed the orcs left side. The orcs were well trained and defended their left. Dash was thrown from his horse and impaled with a spear. He was left for dead. This was not the end as Dash used his elven gift and was healed. He made it back to head quarters. The purple dragons had lost the battle and he alone had come back. Many branded him a coward, and at the next battle he was sent in first with others that had fled battles. Those fell, but he stayed his ground fending off orc after orc. He turned and saw an orc flank decimate his captain’s position, and rode to another. Dash turned again to see his first demon. It smiled at him as he finished off a piece of a deserter (no pun intended). Dash attacked, and after a long battle he felled the demon. Again, he made it back to head quarters. This time he came back with a demon’s head to show, but, again, the only one to come back.
Dash was sent into another battle, and again, with a group of less trained purple dragons.
He found himself alone again. He couldn’t come back alone again. Dash ran into a group of elite orcs taking down some purple dragon riders. He killed a couple of unsuspecting orcs as another purple dragon emerged from the other bodies. He smiled at Dash and thanked him for the assistance. He then asked Dash to accompany him and his two men on a special mission. They moved quickly to the keep, avoiding any fights they could. They infiltrated the keep and acquired some item in a box. They were found. Dash and the man in charge left as the other two soldiers held off the incoming battle. The man explained that the two men would not becoming back, and he was too young to make this sacrifice. Saddened, Dash left the men to their fate. One looked back and winked asking Dash to make sure their leader made it back with the item. Dash honored the two men and fought as hard as he ever did. After they arrived to a safe place, the man explained that their mission was a secret mission and not to be discussed with anyone. So Dash stood, again, alone at head quarters trying to explain why he was the only one left again. A man came in and explained that Dash was to be moved to a new order of Purple Dragons. They were called the Steel Dragons. Dash went o his room and found several items lying about along with a letter.

Dash Sunsteel,

I know I have caused you great hardships, but you are a good solider. These are gifts I give you as part of your new commission.

Dash quickly tried on the new armor. It felt good. Dash smiled as he gathered his things.
He raised a glass of ale and shouted,” For Cormyr, and the Steel Dragons.”

WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:30:56
Note: This character profile is being posted as it was given to me in an unedited format. This is due in part to capture to player's original intent, and in part because I'm too lazy to go through and fix the problems with them. Understand, however that the inaccuracies presented here have been corrected in person.

Morn Dundragon
1/2 Elf Male
Ranger of Mystra 2/Rogue 2

Well meet to all. I am Morn Dandragon of Eveningstar in Cormyr.

before you stands this Half-elf, 5foot-5, 138 pounds, dusky skined, brown
haired, and with blue eyes, and about 25 years old.

He wears a Travlers outfit, a little worn but still useable. He has a
Mithral Chain Shirt on. His weapons are a Mighty Long Compsite Bow +2 (or a
Muskeet), a quiver with 20 arrows on his back(40 more on his Mule), a
Masterwork Scimitar on his left hip, a Masterwork Light Pick on his right
hip, and a Masterwork Longspear in his hand. He has a Masterwork Potion
Belt with 8 magical potions: 5 Cure Light Wounds, 2 Hide from Undead, and
one Cat's Grace. He also wears a Masterwork Bandoleer with: Alchemical
Sleeping Gas, 2 Acid, 2 Alchemist Fire, 2 Holy Water, 1 empty flask, 1 oil
flask, 2 pitons, and an Antitoxin. In his Belt pouch there is 2 candles,
flint and steel, a small metla mirror, a signal whistle, and a whetstone.
Off his belt are: a scroll or map case, 50 feet of silk rope, 2 empty sacks,
a tanglefoot bag, a thunderstone, and a set of masterwork thieves tools.
His money is in a belt pouch and it includes: A gem (blue Quartz) worth
10gp, 40 gps, 1 sp, and 6 cps. He caries a waterskin and a silver holy
symbol of Melikiki.

He leads a Light War Horse(Zepher) with Bit and Bridle, saddle bags, and
Masterwork Studded Leather Barding as well as a military saddle. By his
side is a war dog (Percephnie) she also has Masterwork Studded Leather
Barding. And bring up the rear is a Mule (Vulcan) he has bit and bridle,
and a pack saddle with: a backpack, a bucket, a bedroll, a winter blanket,
block and tackle, 8 candles, a map or scroll case, a crowbar, 25 foot
fishing net, 2 empty flask, a grappling hook, a hammer, a hooded lantern, 9
flask of oil, a Miners' pick, 8 pitons, 10 days of trail rations, 2 sets of
50 foot hemp rope, 8 empty sacks, a sledge hammer, 2 pounds of soap, 2
shovels, a tent, 10 torches, a waterskin, 2 Acid, 2 alchemist fire, 5
antitoxin, 2 sun rods, 10 tindertwigs, a healer's kit, one set of masterwork
thieves tools, an extra explorer's outfit, a hammock, and finally insect
netting.(these are not counting those Morn carries on his person, there are
extra)
Zepher is trained for combat riding (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and
heel)
Percephnie is trained as well (attack, defend, down, guard, stay, and fetch)
Vulcan training consist of (come, work, stay, heel, and guard)

HP 44, BA +3, Fort +8, Ref +9, Wil +4
AC 18, Move 30, Init +4

Morn's Langs are: Chondathan, Elven, Damaran, Turmic, Goblin, and
Hin(Halfling)

Being Half-Elf Morn gets: Immune to sleep, +2 vs. Enchantment spells or
abilities, Low-light Vision, +1 to Listen, +1 to Search, +1 to Spot, +2 to
Diplomacy, and +2 to Gather Information

The feats Morn chose were: Discipline (reg or 1st), Point Blank Shot (1st
fighter), Percise Shot (3rd level), Track (1st ranger), Rapid Shot (2nd
ranger)[if ok for muskeet then Two Waepon Fighting Style]

Morn's classes are: Rouge 1(3)/ Fighter 1(12)/ Ranger 2(3)/ Sorcerer 0(2)
Special ablities are: Sneak attack +1d6, Trapfinding, Favored enemy
(Goblinoids), Wild Empathy, Combat style (archery--unless muskeet oked then
Two weapon fighting)

Skills that Morn chose to put ranks in are: Balance 2, Craft(Boywer) 2,
Climb 2, Disable Device 4, Handle Animal 3, Hide 7, Jump 7, Know (local) 2,
Know (nat) 4, Listen 4, Move Silently 7, Open Lock 7, Ride 3, Search 7,
Sense Motive 2, Spot 4, Survival 1, Swim 2 and, Tumble 7

Morn's Past:

The only son of a Tethyrian/Cormyrian woman and a Moon Elf male Morn had to
put up with the abuse that comes with being a half breed. To top this off
his father went off to war when he was a child. To protect the world from
the Tuigan he was told. His father died in the servie of the Crown and he
fought well with King Azon IV. His mother has the medal to prove his
father's valor. As a young man he always wanted to prove he could do it
himself, so he set out on his own. Morn soon found that the world is tough
and decided to join the Purple Dragons. To make sure he could do it and not
get favrable teatment from his uppers he used his mother's name not his
father's. Morn knows his father is looking down upon him from the Heavens,
and helps when the gods allow. Morn's mother still weaves in Morningstar
and helps the Crown by making cloth for export. She worries as any good
mother would, but will not stand in the way of her son's destony.

Morn's Presenet:

Morn now is attached to the Steel Dragons, his only friends in the world.
His supiors and friends know of his father, but he made the Steel Dragons on
his own merit. Morn worships Melikiki and Tymora.

Morn's future:

Morn wants to listen to this Sorcerer abilities in his heart as well as keep
up ranging and get to be the best with his weapon (hope the Muskeet). He
hopes it is on the wings of Steel Dragons that his fortune lie.
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:30:14

Stedd Huntsilver
Male Lesser Aasimar
Ranger 4 of Mystra

Stedd's approx 6' tall, 210 lbs, mid 20's. Athletic build, piercing green eyes and silvery-white hair. Commanding presence, but still very familiar. As both a Ranger of Mystra and a Lionar in the Purple Dragons he values very greatly a well structured organization, and believes everyone should know and perform his or her role in that organization to the best of their ability. He has no tolerance for half-cocked individuals, but as long as you are doing what you're supposed to he is very amicable. This is not to say that he has no patience with those that are learning or unsure of what they are supposed to be doing, quite the contrary he is a patient instructor, willing to go over something time and again until the student gets it right. As well, he rightly understands the maxim, "No plan survives the first contact intact" and is adaptable on and off the battlefield. He is understanding of different personality types as well, and works well with all, as long as they are commited to being a team player.
He is not given to violent outbursts, nor much revelry. However when his ire is earned it is not extinguished easily, nor does he quickly forget a deliberate slight against him or his Dragons and may turn a blind eye to the retributive actions of his Dragons in such cases, within reason. Morale is very important to him and he genuinely cares about each Dragon under his command.

Here is a timeline of his branch of the Huntsilver family:
1241 Kira Huntsilver, a priestess of Mystra, is informed in a dream of a large cache of magical items in the Hullack forest. Traveling there to catalog the items, she is surprised by an unknown lich. Quickly overcome, she cries to Mystra for aid, and Alerax, an astral deva from Deomerheart appears in response to her cry. Alerax battles the lich, who chooses to flee. Smitten by the handsome outsider, Kira and Alerax consummate before Alerax returns to Deomerheart. Kira returns to the Huntsilver estate near the King’s Forest. Unable to confirm her story, the family sends her to live in the Huntsilver’s villa in Waterdeep to avoid scandal.

1242 Dorn Huntsilver is born in Waterdeep and largely avoids society.

1277 Kira Huntsilver dies, Dorn travels to Cormyr where despite his attempts to join society, he is rebuffed. The exception is Shandri Hawksong, the second daughter of the Hawksong patriarch, whom he weds. The two return to Waterdeep shortly thereafter.

1282 Helm Huntsilver is born.

1302 Helm Huntsilver returns to Cormyr. His celestial heritage is subdued enough to allow him to join Cormyrian society. He is welcomed back to the Huntsilvers, and joins the Purple Dragons.

1310 Helm Huntsilver marries Lureene Huntcrown, the 3rd daughter of the Huntcrown patriarch.

1316 Randal Huntsilver is born.

1321 Shandri Hawksong dies, Dorn Huntsilver retires to Candlekeep.

1340 Randal Huntsilver takes the oaths as a paladin of Azuth.

1346 Randal Huntsilver marries Esvele Winter, a War Wizard.

1347 Morn Huntsilver, 1st child of Randal and Esvele is born

1348 Stedd Huntsilver, 2nd child of Randal and Esvele is born.

1360 Randal Huntsilver and Esvele Winter travel with Azoun IV as part of the crusade against the Tugian Horde. Randal is grievously wounded but survives. The two return to Cormyr.

1361 Greydon Huntsilver, 3rd child of Randal and Esvele is born.

1369 Stedd Huntsilver takes the oaths as a paladin of Mystra. Morn Huntsilver joins the Purple Dragons.

1370 Stedd Huntsilver joins the Purple Dragons, and is granted a commision as Swordcaptain, Lurenne Huntcrown dies.

1371 The War against the Devil Dragon. Morn Huntsilver dies facing the ghazneths. Despite his age Helm Huntsilver once again dons his armor and later falls in battle beside Azoun V. Stedd Huntsilver is one of the few survivors of the successful rescue of Alusair Nacacia.

1372 Kerri Morler, a war wizard, and betrothed of Stedd Huntsilver, is slain by the shades during the destruction of Tilverton.

1372-1373 Stedd Huntsilver volunteers to lead every suicidal mission he can volunteer for, all of which end in success. Because of this he gains great favor with the crown and is promoted to Lionar as well as gifted with a Commanders Ring, one of only a handful of officers in the history of Cormyr to be given one at that rank. Stedd Huntsilver is visited by Alerax, who after explaining who he is, issues a warning to Stedd, “The shadow grows, beware it grows not in your heart, for your light is needed to combat it”. After which he embraces his great-great grandson and grants him peace. He then departs.

1374 Stedd Huntsilver is given command of a new unit as part of Operation: Steel Dragon. The new group is aptly named the Steel Dragons.
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:29:42

Akora'ala Hlaviir
Female Half-Drow
Cleric 4 of Kelemvor

In this world there are good people and there are bad
people.
As for the bad people. there are those who simply
aren't good hearted and those who are evil and
sinister. Leokul Harptracker definitely is the later
of the two.

Two hundred forty nine years ago an acne covered,
greasy haired, half-elf youth showed up to the gates
of the Grim Academy. Not muttering a word the youth
handed the gatekeeper a partially decayed skull filled
with five hundred gold pieces, they exact price of
freshman admission.

Two hundred seventy three days after entering the
academy Leokul graduated.
The day prior Leokul exterminated and then re-animated
every single classmate one-by-one, and even a few
teaching assistants. Most people would have considered
such treatment of peers insanity, others sadistic, but
at the Grim Academy it was considered exemplary work.
The teachers threw a graduation party for one, and
Leokul was carried away from the academy on the
shoulders of his newly formed undead legion

After years of perfecting his art Leokul took a small
army of undead & a few personal revenant body guards
to the Spider Swamp, south of the Forest of Mir, in
search of some underground artifact. Long story short;
no artifact was found only a drow encampment several
hundred feet below the swamp. As the battle ensued the
necromancer's overwhelming power was made obvious. So,
in a desperate attempt Akora'ala Hlaviir, a female
half-drow child stepped forward and full of emotion
put all her power into a simple dagger throw. The
throw was so mighty it succeeded in surpassing Leokul
Harptracker's magical protections, but only had enough
left over to scratch the cheek of Leokul. The
necromancer was FURIOUS! He ordered all the remaining
drow captured alive.

It's never good to injure a person's pride.
Even worse is it to injure a man's pride.
And more still a powerful man's pride.
But worse still is to injure the pride of an insane,
power hungry epic necromancer's pride.

Over the next decade Leokul tortured Akora'ala. At
first Leokul took great pleasure in the things he did
to Akora'ala. Firstly he fed her meals made of her
surviving companions, on days when he didn't get a
good nights rest he would force feed Akora'ala
magically preserved/ partially alive pieces of her
tribe. If not for her bindings, she would have taken
her own life here. After the stock of drow parts ran
dry Leokul had to change the pace of his torture. He
moved on from cruel psychological torture to physical
pain. Her teeth were removed one at a time (also as a
measure to prevent her from trying to swallow her own
tongue) and salt water flushed over her face. Finger
nails were bent back but not removed. She was raped in
such an uncivilized manner so continuously that the
complete details make even Rimmer shiver in horror.

As time passed Leokul constructed specialty undead to
perform all the tasks of both torturing her & ensuring
she stayed alive. All this time senses were left in
tact so she could fathom all that was happening. And
every few months Leokul would personally come in,
clean her out, dry her, and force himself in a way to
ensure bleeding.
Akora'ala stopped crying after a decade, finding that
the tears only exited his enjoyment. It's not that she
didn't want to cry, rather physically her body lost
the ability. And after fifty more years Akora'ala
became as emotionless as the undead & constructs which
oversaw her confinement. Leokul had to start using
telepathy to directly assault her mind. And after a
time Akora'ala no longer reacted to even mental
punishment.

And time passed.
Leokul continued the torturing for another eighty
years under the premise that it somehow affected the
nearly comatose Akora'ala.

Eventually salvation came for our heroine.

The only details known to Akora'ala Hlaviir are that
several diviners at Baldur's gate noticed a large
amount of concentrated negative energy just outside
Alokkair and informed the local temple to Kelemvor.
Bezurgathan Indraeyan, Kelemvor's high priest, let the
onslaught of Leokul Harptracker's tower. In the end
Leokul was to egotistical and his pride wouldn't let
him run, and as such was slain.

The invaders spent another day cleansing the land of
magical traps, vile magical pollution and undead
abominations. Through all of this their will never
wavered, they were clerics and paladins on a crusade
against evil & corruption. After a time the crusaders
came to Akora'ala's torture room.

Upon seeing Akora'ala's imprisonment they rushed over
and freed her from bondage. But to their dismay she
just slumped to the ground.

"Please stand up girl, we must get you out of here."

"Why she asked, what's the point"

"The necromancer has been slain, you should not remain
in such a vile place"

"I am to believe you aren't an illusion of Leokul here
to give me false hope? I am not a fool, and will not
give you the satisfaction of seeing me show hope."

The crusaders did all they could to convince Akora'ala
to leave, and decided it best just to carry her out if
she wouldn't move willingly. And when she was finally
outside, they laid her down in clean grass, on a cool
& bright day. Akora'ala had not seen anything other
than her torture room she was confined to for so long.
The warriors sat down and broke bread, ready to
celebrate their victory and hearing such Akora'ala
finally realized she had in fact been freed.

A steady stream of blood ran from tear ducts so long
unused. There weren't sniffles or gasps for air. Her
body never convulsed with emotion, she just laid there
inert. One of the paladins came to bring her food &
drink couldn't even notice the blood, her face was so
caked with filth.

Here, sit up and eat. No response.
Again, please sit up and eat. No response.
Please lady, sit up and eat.

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"My body doesn't listen to me."

The paladin called for a medic. He inspected her with
the most solemn face any warrior could show after
winning such a battle. This woman's muscles have
atrophied so much I am surprised her body doesn't
collapse. And her reaction, she must have been
tortured innumerous times for her to be so
non-responsive. I would say daily for a decade from
the looks of it.

"No, it was hourly."

WHAT!

"Hourly, he wanted to ensure that I never had enough
time to collect my resolve with rest."

"Oh dear, how long did he do this for?"

"One hundred sixty years last month. Leokul told me so
himself, he wanted to remind me that I had been there
more than a lifetime and would remain many more."

Magics, death looking them in the eye, undeath trying
to devour them, unholy blights, none of these things
broke these warriors resolve. But hearing and
witnessing something such as this girl's plight was
unfathomable. They broke into tears.

Atonement, healing, rejuvenation, ressusitation,
regeneration & every other restoration spell known to
this group's divine casters were cast upon Akora'ala.
They bathed, clothed & fed the young lady and nursed
her health as they returned to Baldur's Gate. Once
returned to the adventurer's home months were spent
exercising her body back to normal. Inch by inch they
cleansed her body, replacing & repairing body parts of
her body, but how easy is it to help somebody who gave
up on life? After a while she stood up, then moved her
arms and eventually walked.

Then Markisyl Uldjow, the monk in charge of her
rehabilitation, told her "You are as healthy as we can
make you here, we must send you to Cormyr to finish
your recovery.

The next day Akora'ala Hlaviir was magically sent to
Corymr where she spent 3 years living in and coming
back to a "normal state."

After Akora'ala felt physically whole again, she
joined the clergy of Kelemvor to repay them for all
they did to her. They thought her solemn & unemotional
demeanor would be advantages when dealing with the
subject of death and gladly accepted her in the ranks.
Akora'ala worked hard, and excelled exceptionally.
Apparently all the torturing made her incredibly
strong both physically and mentally.

And when the Purple Dragons came to the church looking
for new members everyone pointed at Akora'ala as the
best choice. They were hesitant about taking even a
half-drow into their ranks, but times were tough and
they needed new members.

After some time the higher ups of the Purple Dragons
informed her that she was being transferred to a new,
elite squad called the Steel Dragons. The new elite
unit has lost several healer deaths lately due to
smart opponents. Many of their adversaries have been
striking down the healers first. They were up front
with her, because they didn't want to see her leave
the Purple Dragons, and they didn't want send her in
unwarned.

"I am not afraid of death; I will do my part in the
name of Kelemvor & his priests."

And of she went to be the newest member of the Steel
Dragons.

Hopefully this explains the character I am going to
play.
She's been through the worst and had the opening to
her feelings cauterized shut.
It should be obvious why she hates undead, follows
Kelemvor's teachings and is so completely logical and
straightforward.

Her name means 'Beloved & greatest of all priestesses
child of the house of the Seers of Dominance'.
WalkerNinja Posted - 10 May 2007 : 17:29:09

Orson Yano the Marred of Berdusk
Male human, age 31 years

3rd Cleric/1st wizard

Orson grew up in Bardusk of a relatively reputable family who was closely affiliated with an arcane order <walker insert name of yoru choice appropiate for Bardusk>

Orson's older brother, Fana had gone off to enlist in the local militia and never saw his second battle, as he was greviously injured in his first. Without a cleric around for healing, Fana had to heal naturally and lost the use of one arm and both of his legs. Orson spent many hours as a young teen between his religous studies and caring for his disabled brother.

Dispite his parents encouragement into arcane studies, and military involvment; Orson decided to dedicate his career to the mystrian faith. In his 2nd year as a Lay Cleric (1st level) the town of Bardusk was the sceene of a minor border skirmish involving the Tungin's and Cormerians <dont know if this fact holds water, change if necessary>. Even though this skirmish was minor by comparison to others, the church of Mystra suffered some fire damage. In the burning, Orson's closest friend, Kato, was caught in the fire and died as a result. Orson attempted to save his fellow cleric from the inferno and suffered severe burns on the right side of his face, to this day he still bears the scars that he refers to as Kato's Mark. He spent a half year recovering from his injuries and another half year attempting to service his congregation in peace (taking him to 2nd lvl). It was obvious to all that his anger at the Tungins was consuming him and he was released from service to his congregation.

Before leaving Orson was advised to either let the past go, or chanel his anger into something productive. In his typical Orsonian style, he chose to chanel his anger; in an extreme sense. He went and enlisted with the Purple Dragons as a healer and combatant, hoping to fight the Tungian forces and prevnt the kind of lasting injuries, that his brother suffered.

This he did for several years (taking him to 3rd lvl cleric) and earned a name for himself as an eager warior for Cormyr and a skilled healer.

However he garnered the opportunity to study magic with the Council of Mages through the Purple Dragons with a new found respect and desire for the arcane to satify his inner anger and blood lust. He has since commited himself to the study of all magic, Divine and Arcane.

After a few years of arcane study in practice, one of Orson's many uncles appeared to him expressing his satisfaction in Orson's Arcane Studies. He began to regail him with a Ancestorial Tale of a great Gem Mage 8 generations dead. Telling him of his unique study in gem magic and applications there of. Before departing, his uncle gave to him an arcane tome/spell book; with a few starter spells and extensive information on gem magic, in application and use; particularly in war situations (including some various Gem Atonment Feats that Orson may take later as he progresses in level <we'll discuss these later as I conceive of them and garner your approval when I have open feat slots avalble, my thoughts and hopes are to make this charcter a Toril reputed Gem Mage in the long run. Dia Soloth had his poery, Orson's got his Gems.>). Orson took the tome, along with a small collection of Gems (all attuned gems are now spent, and he has 12 gems remaining that he has attuned himself).

Many nights, around the warriors fire there were wispered rummors about Orson's addiction to magic. While he seemed a dedicated warior (not a fighter in the class sense) some of his peers feared what Orson might be capable of if pushed too far, especially once he were capable of more agressive magics. This opnion/fear has not been held by all of Orson's military superiors, though atleast one has expressed such openly.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000