Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Jack Frost on the Plane of Faerie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
King Libertine Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 05:42:03
So the D20 book "Faeries" tells of many fey epic NPC's.

Jack Frost is a great one. Heck... Titiannia and The Queen of Air and Darkness have less hit points and less CR than a typical average LeShay has.

Kapow!!! What? Now we all have to redo our math and use divine rank and put the LeShay in a particular place.

If a non divine LeShay has a CR of 28 and 800 something hit points, then The Queen of Air and Darkness would have a CR of 60 and over 2,000 hit points, presumably.

Same with any Arch-Fey.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
King Libertine Posted - 09 May 2022 : 09:17:07
Any way. Jack frost is a Archfey on the Plane of Faerie in the D20 book Faeries by Bastion Press. His stats are more powerful than Titiana and Oberon, and The queen of air and darkness. His father was Old Man Winter and his mother was a High Fey noble Feeorin. Odd but very cool.

That book totally changed the way I see and play fey beings. I bought that book 1 year ago from amazon for like $30 bucks. New, not used.
King Libertine Posted - 09 May 2022 : 08:39:05
Also, there is somewhere in the Moonshae Isles where there is a LeShay Queen and her LeShay prince son. I cannot quote the canon source I remember reading that from, but it is canon.

Maybe here https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/LeShay

High Lady Ordalf of the city of Karador and the kingdom of Sarifal in the Moonshae Isles was a leShay. Her rule lasted over 11,000 years.

Appendix
References
Andy Collins, Bruce R. Cordell (July 2002). Epic Level Handbook. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 202–203. ISBN 0-7869-2658-9.
Brian R. James (June 2009). “Realmslore: Sarifal”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #376 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–65.
Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. Edited by Jennifer Clarke Wilkes, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
King Libertine Posted - 09 May 2022 : 08:33:24
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I keep meaning to go to eBay or wherever and pick up that book.

I quite like it, myself. I'd use its version of Faerie long before I'd use the D&D Feywild.

I agree with you. The Plane of Faerie was so much better than this condensed version called the feywild.
King Libertine Posted - 09 May 2022 : 08:31:03
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

A balor in 3e had 13 HD and 19 Con. A balor in 3.5e had 20 HD and 31 Con. As usual, you don't really seem to get creature advancement; otherwise you'd have to explain why the sample CR 29 demilich has 139 hp.

Your math is also off. Assuming max rolls on a standard fey HD (d6), a 60HD fey has 360 hp before con mods. For reference, a 72 HD xixecal has 1,676 hp. The only creature that breaches 2k hp is a mature adult time dragon with 74d12 HD and 53 Con.

Gods don't get CR either, and going by what we know of the Queen, she's a caster-rogue type, so where's the 2k hp coming from?

The leShay is also pretty pathetic. No, your usual shilling of SNEAK ATTACK isn't going to work, because everyone and their grandmother has some critical immunity at that point. A dedicated fighter would absolutely murder the leShay, and casters have so many ways to shut it down. Hell, the sample demilich is immune to virtually everything the leShay can dish out.

You must be talking about a LeShay generic with no levels in any classes. That fey is epic powerful in itself, but add 20+, or 30+ levels on top and you almost have an Archfey on your hands. I don't think I understand you.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 16:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

I quite like it, myself. I'd use its version of Faerie long before I'd use the D&D Feywild.
Lord Karsus Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 15:27:30
sleyvas Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 15:02:42
::waves::
LordofBones Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 14:50:42
A balor in 3e had 13 HD and 19 Con. A balor in 3.5e had 20 HD and 31 Con. As usual, you don't really seem to get creature advancement; otherwise you'd have to explain why the sample CR 29 demilich has 139 hp.

Your math is also off. Assuming max rolls on a standard fey HD (d6), a 60HD fey has 360 hp before con mods. For reference, a 72 HD xixecal has 1,676 hp. The only creature that breaches 2k hp is a mature adult time dragon with 74d12 HD and 53 Con.

Gods don't get CR either, and going by what we know of the Queen, she's a caster-rogue type, so where's the 2k hp coming from?

The leShay is also pretty pathetic. No, your usual shilling of SNEAK ATTACK isn't going to work, because everyone and their grandmother has some critical immunity at that point. A dedicated fighter would absolutely murder the leShay, and casters have so many ways to shut it down. Hell, the sample demilich is immune to virtually everything the leShay can dish out.
King Libertine Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 07:39:40
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If you're speaking of the Faeries book by Bastion Press, it must be noted that it was a 3.0 book and the numbers may need adjusting for later editions.

Yes, which I just did off the top of my head mechanically. 3.0 = 3.5 with revision. A Balor in 3.0 had like what, 110 hit points.... A Balor in 3.5 had like 200+ hit points. Easy math, nothing to fret about. It all has to do with HD + CR + LA.

I am quoting "Faeries" by Bastion Press. Amazing book to be honest. The most in depth book of the Fey in all editions of D&D.

This was before the Forgotten Realms became a patsy for D&D and TSR, but they still thought to delve deep into faerie lore.

Like the Feywild isn't The Plane of Faerie? Like the Shadowfell isn't the Plane of Shadow.

The Feeorin Fey are what some would consider Eladrin these days... But the fact is this.... Feeorin are true Fey, and elves are not.Simple and unarguable.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Jul 2021 : 06:01:49
If you're speaking of the Faeries book by Bastion Press, it must be noted that it was a 3.0 book and the numbers may need adjusting for later editions.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000