Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 My take on Toril happenings from 3.5-5e

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fineva Posted - 12 Jun 2018 : 00:47:49
A story from my take on Toril, pure fiction but it started in 3.5 and I must have guessed right as the lore of 5e lets me complete it reasonably. If you see inconsistencies, remember the planes have different time-space #128578;#128578;:
A long time ago, Sathia the Duchess of Avorals was flying along in Elysium, headed to a meeting of the Companions. The sky was beautiful, the air clear and small birds chirped and played with her. All at once a brilliant flash covered the sky.

She turned to see and at that second while her attention was focused on a disaster, red ancient dragons teleported around her, casting spells through rods of negation. Stricken with pain, she plummeted to the ground. A wave of destruction from the explosion hit her and caused her to tumble wildly.

Dweomerheart had exploded with the death of Mystra. The dragons had acted on their queens orders, knowing only that a disaster would distract the sharpest of scouts. On the ground a gypsy caravan rushed to save the falling Avoral.

Save her for Orcus, they chained her inside, placed a torture device with regeneration on her and drained both pain and blood as they innocently drove through Elysium. The disaster covered their escape, then their trip through the beast lands, all the way to the edge of limbo. Here they built a well to store the collected essences. Here also Tenebrous, aka Orcus built his tower of blood, causing its foundation to separate from the chaotic good Valhalla into limbo- an island of the dead.

Kord saw this and sent adventurers. The party rescued Sathia, the sky Duchess, but she was locked in eternal pain. One of the party sacrificed herself to channel the Avoral and Kord sealed it with the Axe of the Dwarven Lords. This made Sathia a resident of Valhalla, for now.

Later the Axe left the channeled one, as artifacts do, and the body disintegrating, she returned to Valhalla. A pair of adventurers helped her steal into the tower and regain her essence. Orcus pursued them to Elysium, but there was met by celestial reflections out of the abyss and Tiamat herself, who had expected to escape the lower planes to the blood tower, guided by Sathias essence. The battle was hideous, Orcus died and a mortal got his wand. Then Elysium acted and shot the evil to other places.

The mortal landed on Faerun, Sathia following, and they encountered the lady with the Black Dragon Mask. Using this, Sathia made a connection and watches the mask to this day. On the plane of Elysium she channels some of its power and is even better at detecting danger. On a more important note, she keeps a wary eye for the queen of dragons.

The mortal met a horrible end in Chult while the girl with the dragon mask struggled to survive in the North, eventually apprenticing to the Ghost of Ilsenstaad, son of the giants pantheon ruler. By possessing her and completing Jotunschuul tablets he made her his exarch, noting that while she kept the mask from dragons it weakened the dragon queen!

(Though she is lower than level 20, the girl is using the tools that she has to survive. She has gotten rid of magic items that can be detected and is self reliant. Indeed however the ghost and sathia watch her and she is related to a Lord of Waterdeep, so good connections)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000