Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Gateway Timeouts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElfBane Posted - 09 Jun 2023 : 11:48:52
When "Gateway Timeouts" occur, what does that mean? Are you down for maintenance? Or is the problem more serious?
Also, when I go to the main Candlekeep site, my PC bitches about the Secuity Certificate, but will still allow me to go there.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 14 Jun 2023 : 09:31:20
quote:
Originally posted by DoveArrow

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

The gateway issue is a problem at the website host end rather than something we induce for maintenance. Largely down to an overload from bots or database connectivity.

For the cert, it's nothing to worry about nand is just due to more recent shifts to SSl and https sites. We don't use credentials on the main site and only have forum logins, so paying out extra for these certs is unnecessary.

Interesting. I take it that it's not bots on this site, but on other sites that they run and it crashes their whole server. Is that correct? Because I've run into this and there will be like me and one other person on here and then the site will crash.

Well met

Yes, bots are basically randomly hitting the database and taking up a connection, or which there is a limit. We've attempted to limit connections to only registered users in the past but it also stops legitimate traffic to the forum.
DoveArrow Posted - 14 Jun 2023 : 04:52:40
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

The gateway issue is a problem at the website host end rather than something we induce for maintenance. Largely down to an overload from bots or database connectivity.

For the cert, it's nothing to worry about nand is just due to more recent shifts to SSl and https sites. We don't use credentials on the main site and only have forum logins, so paying out extra for these certs is unnecessary.

Interesting. I take it that it's not bots on this site, but on other sites that they run and it crashes their whole server. Is that correct? Because I've run into this and there will be like me and one other person on here and then the site will crash.
Alaundo Posted - 09 Jun 2023 : 12:37:38
Well met

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000