Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 D&D Legos!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2022 : 04:39:36
This is an official thing from the Lego website.

NEW CHALLENGE - 50 YEARS OF DUNGEONS & DRAGONS!

quote:
Join us in celebrating 50 years of Dungeons & Dragons! To celebrate those 50 adventure filled years, we invite you to ignite your imagination and showcase your favorite aspects of the Dungeons & Dragons game using LEGO® bricks, elements and pieces!

quote:
We’re talking:

Detailed Display Model of your Favorite Character or Monster;
Functional Display Models for Players / Dungeon Masters;
Ultimate Build with customizable elements;
all rooted in the D&D World

quote:
The winning fan will be compensated as a Product Idea prize winner as outlined in the Product Idea guidelines and Terms of Service. Meaning they will receive the following:

1% of the total net sales of the LEGO IDEAS Dungeons & Dragons product;
10 complimentary copies of your LEGO IDEAS Dungeons & Dragons set;
Credit and bio in set materials as the LEGO IDEAS Dungeons & Dragons Fan Designer; and
a prize package of Dungeons & Dragons goodies!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 06 Jan 2023 : 05:19:48
LEGO found a way to adapt to the times. Too many building-brick clones and ripoffs exist, people are now able to 3D print (or buy 3D printed) custom LEGO-compatible pieces which LEGO itself does not manufacture, people even design tiny computers and machines within LEGO-compatible pieces which LEGO itself cannot manufacture. There's no way LEGO can keep up with it all, but LEGO still finds ways to make itself a relevant and popular consumer product which people want to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBrOV2FJM8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBrOV2FJM8

Wizbro has not really found a way to adapt to the times. They're a bit of a dinosaur, always behind, always adapting very slowly and cautiously (and reluctantly) in a rapidly-changing world.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jan 2023 : 22:41:30
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Actually surprised there was never any crossover before! Seems so obvious. Licensing and such I guess.

Wizbro has always been aggressively territorial, heavyhanded, and knee-jerky with their IPs. To the point of sometimes strangling themselves and stagnating their own products.

And Lego embracing crossover stuff is a newer thing, too. They've been making their bricks since 1949, but it was 1999 when they got into licensing other IPs -- and from what I've read, that really turned things around for the company.
Ayrik Posted - 05 Jan 2023 : 17:53:35
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Actually surprised there was never any crossover before! Seems so obvious. Licensing and such I guess.

Wizbro has always been aggressively territorial, heavyhanded, and knee-jerky with their IPs. To the point of sometimes strangling themselves and stagnating their own products.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jan 2023 : 15:13:32
The winner has been selected.

If they keep it mostly as is, that'll be a cool set to build.
maransreth Posted - 01 Nov 2022 : 11:22:26
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

What, no gelatinous cubes? Lego does have some clear blocks and some bones, swords, etc. in the various sets. You could even use a heat gun to slightly "melt" it to make it look even more "realistic".

Oh yes there are, my wife and I were looking at a number of the entries today. Link - https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/adbda7a2-193f-4ac2-ac5a-c50bae6b9f24?challenge_phase=0221d6b1-3471-4a6e-bc95-19ba085654a1&query=&sort=top#global-search-app
Lord Karsus Posted - 29 Oct 2022 : 23:10:54
TheIriaeban Posted - 10 Oct 2022 : 16:03:35
What, no gelatinous cubes? Lego does have some clear blocks and some bones, swords, etc. in the various sets. You could even use a heat gun to slightly "melt" it to make it look even more "realistic".
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2022 : 05:33:30
Oh, and a link to view the current entries. Mimics and beholders are popular builds, thus far.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Oct 2022 : 04:47:05
So for those who don't know, one of the things Lego does that's a bit different from other companies is they actually have a product submission website. Fans make their own builds, post them on the site, and the build gets voted on by members of the site. If something gets enough votes, the Lego company reviews it and decides whether or not to make it an official product.

I've gotten a couple of those sets, myself -- the Curiosity rover and the Exo Suit.

(Mostly, though, because Legos aren't cheap and I've not a huge amount of room, I stick with the Collectible Minifigs.)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000