Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Magic of Mantles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 15:07:10
I've just released a new article at the DMs Guild called "The Magic of Mantles" revamping for 5E an old unpublished 3E article I wrote for Dragon magazine. It's short but sweet. Enjoy.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/405180/The-Magic-of-Mantles?src=newest_in_dmg&filters=45469

-- George Krashos
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Renin Posted - 18 Aug 2022 : 00:35:50
Yes!! Buying this!!
TheIriaeban Posted - 04 Aug 2022 : 01:37:05
Delnyn, let me know what year you need it in (if you can, give me the month and day because there is a lot of stuff going on there starting in 1367 DR) and I will PM you the particulars. Also, what type do you need? Netherese or Cormanthan?
Delnyn Posted - 04 Aug 2022 : 01:19:05
TheIriaeban,
Will you put a well connected archmage in Iriaebor that understands mantle magic? The reason I ask is the party wants to stop at Iriaebor before resuming their quest to help the Council of Six reclaim land from the Sythissian Empire.
That has some major implications for the campaign. In any case, the party wants to do business with the Thayan enclave. If the deals go wrong in the enclave, tbe party wants an alternative, if they escape the enclave.
TheIriaeban Posted - 04 Aug 2022 : 00:19:41
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Unlike other creators whose names we won’t mention and live in Michigan, I like to leave some wiggle room for the small stuff. A hard date isn’t needed for that personage, so use what suits you best.

— George Krashos

Ok, I guess it doesn't matter too, too much. That pre-lich arch-wizard left in 199 DR, right after The Crown Against The Scepter War started. Since he opposed the war, he was on the outs with the rulers, anyway.
Delnyn Posted - 04 Aug 2022 : 00:00:58
I am curious to read this article. Hopefully it addresses possible effects from Halgondar's Overmantle. Anything that can anger the Simbul is worrh investigating.
George Krashos Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 23:11:39
Unlike other creators whose names we won’t mention and live in Michigan, I like to leave some wiggle room for the small stuff. A hard date isn’t needed for that personage, so use what suits you best.

— George Krashos
TheIriaeban Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 19:33:43
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I grabbed a copy, too. I don't use 5e but the lore included is VERY nice.

George, what year did Eltraggar die? It isn't clear when and my searches haven't returned anything under that named battle.

Haha!

I told you to put that date in there George.

--Eric

To be honest, I don't think most people would care but I have someone who unintentionally became a lich that is from Mhaelos in that time period. So, any mention of that city at that time grabs my attention.
Gary Dallison Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 18:54:52
Bought my copy and added it to the archive. Anything Netheril related gets my money, but then again anything George, Eric, and Ed related gets my money
ericlboyd Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 18:43:37
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

George, what year did Eltraggar die? It isn't clear when and my searches haven't returned anything under that named battle.

Haha!

I told you to put that date in there George.

--Eric
TheIriaeban Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 18:02:05

Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Aug 2022 : 16:22:41
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've just released a new article at the DMs Guild called "The Magic of Mantles" revamping for 5E an old unpublished 3E article I wrote for Dragon magazine. It's short but sweet. Enjoy.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/405180/The-Magic-of-Mantles?src=newest_in_dmg&filters=45469

-- George Krashos

Sold! Copying the file to my work computer so I can go ahead and read it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000