Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Also saying hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Italian Archmage Karsus Posted - 12 Jul 2022 : 23:41:54
Hello! I'm Italian Archmage Karsus, often called much worse things.

I've been typing away at the FR wiki for just over a year. I wasn't big originally on the Forgotten Realms, but later I learned about The Strange, by Bruce R. Cordell and Monte Cook Games, and one thing led to another- the Strange led me to Numenera, which led me to the Ethereal Plane, which led me to Pandorym, which led me to the Imaskari, which wound me up in the wiki, where the dearth of data on one particular subject got me to try out the feeling of gushin' about my current favourite thing to the whole world, or as they call it in the web, wiki editing.

Right now I don't play much, but I've fallen in love with much of the setting- and though contemporary lore is ever slimmer pickings, we've no short backlog of books and other products, from the dawn of the setting on! I also do some programming, through which I hope I can be of greater aid. It's an honor to set foot in blessed Candlekeep.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRYPHON Posted - 11 Aug 2023 : 07:54:45
Welcome.
Vinzor Burrow Posted - 16 Apr 2023 : 02:16:59
Salutations
artisa@n Posted - 11 Mar 2023 : 08:12:34
hii
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jul 2022 : 02:38:12
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Archmage Karsus

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

I've got a couple questions to begin with- can't seem to nail any forums for that. Err, first, is it legal to make fangames about the FR?

We're not the best place to discuss legal issues, but the general rule is that so long as your properly say "I don't own this IP!" and -- more importantly! -- no money changes hands, then you should be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Italian Archmage Karsus

Two, can I necro them topics in the Book Club? Some of those books I've gone thru more recently, while up to wiki biz. Also, can lore be brought up at the book club topics?

Books used to be a wonderful source of lore, so if it's relevant to the book in question, feel free to bring it up. You can necro threads, though we do ask that you don't necro every topic in sight, as has happened in the past. Don't be surprised if there's not a huge amount of followup, though; novels and source material get less attention after they've been out for a while.
Italian Archmage Karsus Posted - 15 Jul 2022 : 02:16:53
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

I've got a couple questions to begin with- can't seem to nail any forums for that. Err, first, is it legal to make fangames about the FR?

Two, can I necro them topics in the Book Club? Some of those books I've gone thru more recently, while up to wiki biz. Also, can lore be brought up at the book club topics?

See ya!
Brimstone Posted - 13 Jul 2022 : 11:49:24
Hail, and well met!
Alaundo Posted - 13 Jul 2022 : 09:35:05
Well met, Italian Archmage Karsus

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh, ye will find much knowledge and lore within these halls to satisfy thy thirst. Enjoy thy stay.
Ayrik Posted - 13 Jul 2022 : 02:22:13
Another Karsus? I wonder how many magical clones of him there might be, how complex their varied interactions with the Realms might be?

Welcome to the Keep. Beware the wards. And the drow. Don't feed the homonculi. Try not to bother the elderly search genie with overly difficult divinations.

Mostly harmless. Yes.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2022 : 00:06:08
I see the registration issue got ironed out... Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

The Strange and Numenara are interesting settings. I've got most of the material for both, and played a couple demos of The Strange at GenCon.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000