Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Will DM's guild ever open the door to 0E 2E 3E 4E

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redking Posted - 15 Apr 2022 : 04:08:47
Will there ever be previous editions allowed on DM's Guild? It seems a shame that they won't allow even this level of support for previous editions. Any thoughts?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DoveArrow Posted - 30 Aug 2023 : 23:51:45
You can buy the older edition books. I know that's not quite the same thing, but I certainly never had everything from any edition, so it's nice to have those resources available.
Diffan Posted - 27 Apr 2022 : 13:31:12
On DMs Guild? Probably not. But there's still stuff to buy on DriveThruRPG.
George Krashos Posted - 16 Apr 2022 : 02:49:05
Can't see the point. There's nothing about the earlier editions that makes WotC keen to keep them alive. The fact that fans haven't moved on to newer editions is something that they simply don't care about.

-- George Krashos
TomCosta Posted - 15 Apr 2022 : 17:10:38
The point of 5E was to bring the fractured gaming base back together, which it largely and clearly has done. They don't want to promote earlier editions, which makes perfect sense.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 15 Apr 2022 : 16:19:46
And the open game licenses only apply to 3E and beyond, with each edition having its own standards.
Ayrik Posted - 15 Apr 2022 : 14:47:50
Wizbro has published re-prints of certain 1E classics before. But the target audience was collectors, not active gamers.

How many of those busy people at Wizbro were at all involved in writing 1E/2E/3E/etc materials?

What do non-Wizbro vendors have to gain by selling materials which are incompatible with current Wizbro products and settings?
Charles Phipps Posted - 15 Apr 2022 : 05:27:12
Probably not.

After all, the whole point is to encourage buying of Fifth Edition and to maintain interest in it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000