Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Blessed of the Broken God

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 01:49:42
Hi all

Eric Boyd and I have just released a new article at the DMs Guild titled “Blessed of the Broken God: Saints of Damara and Impiltur”. Check it out if you can.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/391719/Blessed-of-the-Broken-God-Saints-of-Damara-and-Impiltur?src=newest_in_dmg&filters=45469

— George Krashos
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Delnyn Posted - 03 Apr 2022 : 20:41:32
Let us hope we never get St. Kenny the Daily-Martyred.
George Krashos Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 14:29:33
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

I enjoyed the depiction of St. Sollars as originally a half-dragon paladin. I always thought of St. Sollars as a human gun mage a la Pathfinder and his star as six-pointed.

Well, in H4 he kind of was that, but that was a bridge too far for me. A Texan St Sollars was stuff that made me shocked that people got paid to write stuff like that. But for the sake of some semi-consistency, I had to keep the star.

— George Krashos
Delnyn Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 14:20:50
I enjoyed the depiction of St. Sollars as originally a half-dragon paladin. I always thought of St. Sollars as a human gun mage a la Pathfinder and his star as six-pointed.
George Krashos Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 07:13:44
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

So, you are fixing the Poseidon / Dionysus thing by making saints with slightly different spellings of the name? Haven't downloaded yet, but does the replacement for Poseidon have ties to the sea?

Oh, and props for whoever came up with the wording on the feat. The part about not modifying the first level abilities you get is very important.

Those references in FR9 have bugged me for a long time and were screaming out to be sorted.

And thanks re the feat - game mechanics are never my strongpoint (as Tom Costa will attest to), so I'm glad it passed muster.

-- George Krashos
sleyvas Posted - 01 Apr 2022 : 16:44:37
Oh, I want to thank you guys. Saint Ireclybod took my money, claiming he was Eric with an illusion, so I'm glad you gave him some comeuppance during the writing of this product.
ericlboyd Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 20:55:27
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

So, you are fixing the Poseidon / Dionysus thing by making saints with slightly different spellings of the name? Haven't downloaded yet, but does the replacement for Poseidon have ties to the sea?

Yes and yes.
Gary Dallison Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 20:02:35
Not got as far as Poseidon yet, and unfortunately my laptop is now in the repair shop.

One stroke of genius was to provide a cult of the dragon presence in impiltur / Damara in the recent history (100 years ago ish) which nicely explains why so many cultists were around in the Rage of Dragons novels.

Particularly liked Morgan the Taciturn who is really a drunken mercenary but who has a flash of redemption in the last few moments of his life
sleyvas Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 19:15:13

Oh, and props for whoever came up with the wording on the feat. The part about not modifying the first level abilities you get is very important.
Steven Schend Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 10:13:50
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

"Blooodied" on page 6, paragraph 6

Thanks again.

-- George Krashos

Not a typo, George; when you're blooodied, you've been hit by a gusher of blood. Think the power hose of blood akin to Evil Dead movies!

Or I suppose it could be a typo after all…which is much less fun.
George Krashos Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 08:21:26
quote:

Thanks again.

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 31 Mar 2022 : 08:00:11
George Krashos Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 22:03:30
quote:

One thing to clarify.

St Ulrach the Twice Martyred, is this a mistake or is there more than one saint that was slain twice in Ilmater's service?

If the order of the golden cup was around in 1100 DR, is it possible that they were created around 1095 to protect the terrified populace from hobgoblins (since there was no army left to fight them and the king was gone)

A few errors to correct if you are in the mood.

1 - "whippped" on page 2, 2nd paragraph about St Dyonasis
2 - "cruely" on page 3, 2nd paragraph
3 - "Dynoasis" on page 3, 5th paragraph
4 - "Dynonasis" twice on page 3, 6th paragraph
5 - "thuis" on page 4, 1st paragraph
6 - "statments" on page 5, 6th paragraph

An author is only as good as his editor..

No, I have fat fingers. Thanks for picking that up, I’ll do the edits. Much appreciated.

— George Krashos
ericlboyd Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 21:58:24
quote:

One thing to clarify.

St Ulrach the Twice Martyred, is this a mistake or is there more than one saint that was slain twice in Ilmater's service?

LGR3 - Key to Phantom's Cloister, page 11.
Gary Dallison Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 21:02:50
One thing to clarify.

If the order of the golden cup was around in 1100 DR, is it possible that they were created around 1095 to protect the terrified populace from hobgoblins (since there was no army left to fight them and the king was gone)

A few errors to correct if you are in the mood.

1 - "whippped" on page 2, 2nd paragraph about St Dyonasis
2 - "cruely" on page 3, 2nd paragraph
3 - "Dynoasis" on page 3, 5th paragraph
4 - "Dynonasis" twice on page 3, 6th paragraph
5 - "thuis" on page 4, 1st paragraph
6 - "statments" on page 5, 6th paragraph
Gary Dallison Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 16:01:39
Lots about Damara which I'm very interested in.

I love the take on Crusader and Lolibela. Equally happy about all the saints and the citadel of the white worm history.

Lots of lovely lore in here.
EricMinde Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 15:55:46
Ditto. I'm curious what I can extrapolate from the text.

-"but with dawn still several candles away"-

I flooping love this phrase. Journeys that are measures in days, time measured in candles. It's phenomenal thought.

Gary Dallison Posted - 30 Mar 2022 : 07:43:24
Got my copy, i've been waiting for my fix of newcanon lore this year

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000