Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Deleting Possible?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Seethyr Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 00:14:20
I’m not happy with some of my very first titles that I put up on DMsGuild in the very first days of its inception. They might be decent ideas, and ones I want to revisit one day, but frankly by now after years of experience, I realize that I’m really unhappy that they are out there.

Now obviously those that are purchased get to be kept (though every one I’m speaking of is free), is there a way to get rid of the title for good?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ayrik Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 04:59:10
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I don't know how DM's Guild is, but once stuff gets out there on the internet, it's out there forever. You'll find stuff all over, in the weirdest places.

Once submitted to public domain, information can be saved and copied, online or offline, indefinitely.

Old stuff you've taken down might haunt the internet again any time.

If you keep your original source online then your copyright claim can be verified. Even when others attempt to plagiarize, steal, or sell it.

If you keep making efforts to get your content offline - copyright takedown notices, de-list requests at search engines, etc - then your censorship efforts can be entirely successful or they can dramatically backfire. Read about the "Streisand effect".
Seethyr Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 03:02:19
Excellent. Thank you everyone. Some of that material was really outdated and...ugh
Dalor Darden Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 02:37:41
Go to:

DMs Guild

Under "My account information" scroll down

Click on "Edit Title"

click on the drop down menu and select the title

Under "Title Data" you will see on the right how to make the title private and no longer for sale.

Making it private still allows those who have already purchased it to download (I think) if they need to; but the item will no longer be sold on DMs Guild.

EDIT: if you want to be rid of it completely, simply make it private. Then under "Current Status" you simply click on Edit Files. Then you simply delete the file.
George Krashos Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 02:30:56
Yes, if you make them “non-public” they don’t show up on searches which effectively makes them impossible to find.

— George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 02:16:34
I know of stuff previously available there that is no longer available. I couldn't begin to tell you the mechanism, but I know one exists.
Lord Karsus Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 01:48:28
-I don't know how DM's Guild is, but once stuff gets out there on the internet, it's out there forever. You'll find stuff all over, in the weirdest places.
Seethyr Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 01:37:12
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I’m not happy with some of my very first titles that I put up on DMsGuild in the very first days of its inception. They might be decent ideas, and ones I want to revisit one day, but frankly by now after years of experience, I realize that I’m really unhappy that they are out there.

Now obviously those that are purchased get to be kept (though every one I’m speaking of is free), is there a way to get rid of the title for good?

You can set them as not for sale I believe. I note that when I put my files up on DMs Guild that I have to make them public. If you wouldn't mind my asking, which titles and why? If you don't want to answer here, shoot me something to my private mail.

Diamond Eyes actually embarrasses me a bit. I wanted to explain away Qotal and Kiltzi’s horrible event with a story but it just fell totally flat. Tbh I don’t know why I posted it (it was over half a decade ago).

Also, there are a bunch of items that have now been updated and put into compilations making the older versions obsolete.
sleyvas Posted - 22 Feb 2022 : 00:53:18
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

You can set them as not for sale I believe. I note that when I put my files up on DMs Guild that I have to make them public. If you wouldn't mind my asking, which titles and why? If you don't want to answer here, shoot me something to my private mail.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000