Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hail and introductions.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matteus Posted - 24 Oct 2021 : 02:57:58
Well met!

I'm Matteus. I've been around TTRPGs for the past decade or so. My first introduction to the Realms was actually through the Baldur's Gate video games.

I'm fairly new to D&D, having started playing about a year and a half or so. Since then I've tried several different campaign settings, notably Greyhawk and Mystara. I was turned off by the Realms by the sheer amount of Lore to digest. I had kind of settled on Greyhawk and I am found of that setting. (In fact, I have co-host a Greyhawk podcast!)

However, I've always been fond of the tone and style of the Realms, ever since those Baldur's Gate games. Recently, when a DM asked me to play in his Dalelands game, I jumped at the chance. I went about researching the best place to start with lore. I have the 3.5e Campaign Setting book and recently began to read that. But, I then saw the 2e Revised Campaign Setting.

Why in the nine hells did I not see "A Grand Tour of the Realms" and "Running the Realms" before? Those books are the single best introduction to the Realms, (at least for me). In 128 pages you get a tour of the Realms circa the 1360's DR. I'm deep-diving into the lore.

I'm very thankful I've found the Realms. As I've been reading Realmslore, I really like it. There's something to it that grabs hold of me in a way that Greyhawk lore sometimes does not.

Thanks for the welcome! And I hope my time here is well spent.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 25 Oct 2021 : 11:23:28
Well met, Matteus

Welcome to Candlekeep; the grandest library in all the Realms. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein, for there are many halls of lore and knowledge scribes to assist.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Oct 2021 : 05:08:58
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000