Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Tasslehoff’s Pouches of Everything

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jul 2021 : 17:28:34
Okay, so this isn't exactly a DM's Guild thing... But it's not really Core and it's certainly not Realms-specific, but it is similar to DM's Guild stuff in that it's unofficial material....

Anyway, the weekly ENWorld email mentioned this, and it's a certainty that if you're here, you more than likely know who Tasslehoff is and have read at least the Chronicles and the Legends trilogies.

(If not, go rectify that! You're missing some good stuff!)

According to the ENWorld blurb: "The Dragonlance Nexus -- the fan site for all things Dragonlance -- has created a free 94-page PDF detailing the Dragonlance setting for D&D 5th Edition. The PDF includes races, organizations, equipment, gods, magic, monsters, geography, a timeline, and more."

Here's the appropriate link:

Tasslehoff’s Pouches of Everything

quote:
Tasslehoff’s Pouches of Everything is your one-stop shop for all things Dragonlance and Krynn for D&D 5th Edition. During our journey through the people, organizations, monsters and magic of our favorite continent Ansalon; Uncle Tas will be your guide. Tas’ life is easily one of the most storied of anyone from Krynn. He has traveled through time and space, and done things that defy even the wildest of kender tales. That’s why we’ve recruited him to give us insight about every aspect of the world we love!

And it's free.

None of the official DL folks that I know of are attached to this. The contributors are listed as "Chuck Martinell, Aelfwyn, Ed Mekeel, Raistlinrox, Dragonhelm, Weldon Chen and greenedera." Those names may mean something to folks active in the Dragonlance communities, but not to me.

Still, though, it's free, so I think it worth sharing here, given the overlap between fans of the settings. I myself came to the Realms because I'd read everything DL available at the time.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 29 Oct 2021 : 05:15:14
I have it and it's one of the best fan-written tomes I've come across as it cleaves pretty close to its source material.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jul 2021 : 15:34:46
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I never got into Dragonlance. I downloaded a copy for ideas to mine.

Even if you're not interested in the setting itself, it's worth taking the time to track down and read the Chronicles and Legends trilogies, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Those books are among the best fiction published by TSR/WotC, and Weis & Hickman are on the very small list of authors that are automatic buys for me -- I see their names on a book, it's sold, without even looking at the back cover blurb.

The books are:

Chronicles:
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning

Legends:
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
Brimstone Posted - 25 Jul 2021 : 06:22:23
I never got into Dragonlance. I downloaded a copy for ideas to mine.
Baltas Posted - 25 Jul 2021 : 04:21:31
Thanks for sharing Wooly, this is a quite great (and free) sourcebook, especiallly if one wants to play Dragonlance in 5E.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000