Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello, I should have joined a year ago

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hand of Torm Posted - 27 Jun 2021 : 03:01:02
Hello, I'm mostly a noobie DM who's started a fast play-by-post campaign of Tyranny of Dragons in Cormyr about a year ago, falling into a pit of Realmslore. I've read skimmed several publications but they can't really keep up with very serious considerations, like how close/far is Calantar's Bridge to Suzail/Hilp.

Anyway, I've read so many posts here to help me build my mental picture of Cormyr. I thought I might as well make an account and start participating.

And I was wondering if there was Discord server for the community?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silvananthus Posted - 06 Jul 2021 : 02:14:04
Great to have you with us. I have been a lurker here for a long time but I love "the Realms" and it is great to have more people in the community.

I don't think there is a discord server but man I wish there was.
Brimstone Posted - 29 Jun 2021 : 01:57:34
Well met and welcome to Candlekeep!
TheIriaeban Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 20:01:24
quote:
Originally posted by Hand of Torm

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, a long out of print electronic map of the Realms. It came out in 1999, and is rather not easy to lay hands on, now.

I see !

Is this Interactive Map accurate enough ? The legend is wonky (like Suzail not being mentioned in favor of Marsember) but the distances is what I'm most interested in.

https://www.aidedd.org/atlas/index.php?map=R&l=1

It seems to be. Distance from Suzail to Arabel on both the site and the FRIA is 115 miles.
Hand of Torm Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 19:05:08
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, a long out of print electronic map of the Realms. It came out in 1999, and is rather not easy to lay hands on, now.

I see !

Is this Interactive Map accurate enough ? The legend is wonky (like Suzail not being mentioned in favor of Marsember) but the distances is what I'm most interested in.

https://www.aidedd.org/atlas/index.php?map=R&l=1
Alaundo Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 09:49:54
Well met, Hand of Torm

Welcome to Candlekeep. I'm glad ye decided to enter these halls of knowledge. Enjoy thy stay.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 03:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

In general, I am a pack rat when it comes to software. I still have an Everquest: Ruins of Kunark still in the box on a shelf behind me. Same with Champions and City of Heroes on a shelf in my old computer desk.

I am a packrat of data, in general. I do still have a lot of software CDs and such from the 90's and 00's, though I copied the FRIA software to a hard drive a long time ago and have installed it repeatedly from hard drives or thumb drives.

I have the old Dragon Magazine Archive software, as well, though with that, once I realized the magazines were just pdfs, I stopped installing the software and stuck with just copying over the files.
TheIriaeban Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 02:38:39
In general, I am a pack rat when it comes to software. I still have an Everquest: Ruins of Kunark still in the box on a shelf behind me. Same with Champions and City of Heroes on a shelf in my old computer desk.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 01:02:57
quote:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

quote:
Per the FRIA, the bridge is about 10 miles from Hilp and about 32 miles from Suzail.

The what now?

Hand of Torm Posted - 28 Jun 2021 : 00:40:13
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

quote:
Per the FRIA, the bridge is about 10 miles from Hilp and about 32 miles from Suzail.

The what now?
TheIriaeban Posted - 27 Jun 2021 : 05:01:27
quote:

Hello, I'm mostly a noobie DM who's started a fast play-by-post campaign of Tyranny of Dragons in Cormyr about a year ago, falling into a pit of Realmslore. I've read skimmed several publications but they can't really keep up with very serious considerations, like how close/far is Calantar's Bridge to Suzail/Hilp.

Anyway, I've read so many posts here to help me build my mental picture of Cormyr. I thought I might as well make an account and start participating.

And I was wondering if there was Discord server for the community?

keftiu Posted - 27 Jun 2021 : 03:26:50
Welcome aboard!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jun 2021 : 03:04:36
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

While I'm sure there are plenty of D&D/FR Discord servers out there, we don't have one for this community.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000