Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Several dozen FR Logos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 12 Mar 2021 : 12:33:02
I wanted to create a christmas tree ornament for myself by making a 3d object after seeing something the other day (god knows where I get these weird ideas at times). I did create the 3d object, but haven't printed it yet. While I was at it, I made almost 40 alternate FR logos. Over on the Piazza forums, I can insert pictures inline, so I figured it would be easier to share them there. If you're interested in looking real quick, just use the below the link.

https://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26609
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 29 Mar 2021 : 12:29:58
quote:
Originally posted by farinal

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I wanted to create a christmas tree ornament for myself by making a 3d object after seeing something the other day (god knows where I get these weird ideas at times). I did create the 3d object, but haven't printed it yet. While I was at it, I made almost 40 alternate FR logos. Over on the Piazza forums, I can insert pictures inline, so I figured it would be easier to share them there. If you're interested in looking real quick, just use the below the link.

Can we use these logos on product cover pages on DM's Guild?

I looked at the rules of DM's Guild, and it said this

Can I publish and sell stock art? What about stock art that uses D&D intellectual property, such as symbols or monsters (e.g. beholders)?
Fantasy stock art that can be used by Dungeon Masters or DMsGuild community creators is allowed. Stock art that is inspired by but does not directly copy D&D IP also is allowed. For example, you cannot copy and paste a symbol from an existing piece of D&D art, but you can redraw the symbol with slight variations so it is distinguishable from a direct copy. You can redraw a beholder in your own style.

As these creations are artwork, they are not exclusive to DMsGuild. However, for any artwork that uses D&D IP, you should be aware of the Fan Content Policy if using artwork elsewhere.

So, I looked at the basic FR logo and made some variations (for instance the "diamonds" are all symbols of Mystryl). I didn't "copy" their work so much as make my own variant. I also offer it for free, not expecting any profit from it.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 28 Mar 2021 : 21:12:18
Makes me miss the OG Realms logo.
farinal Posted - 28 Mar 2021 : 15:59:36
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Can we use these logos on product cover pages on DM's Guild?
George Krashos Posted - 13 Mar 2021 : 06:33:08
Lovely work.

-- George Krashos
Seethyr Posted - 13 Mar 2021 : 00:25:37
I’ve been a part of the Piazza and Candlekeep both for thr better part of a decade now and I’m not going to lie Wooly - for the first few years I thought I was talking to the same hamster!
TomCosta Posted - 12 Mar 2021 : 22:49:24
Phillip, these are great. Thanks so much for sharing and letting us use them in our own stuff. Very kind of you and much appreciated.
sleyvas Posted - 12 Mar 2021 : 21:28:44
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

That forum has a giant space hamster, too? Weird.

LOL, I asked Wooly about that same thing about a month ago.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Mar 2021 : 18:07:29
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

And that particular Giant Space Hamster is unknown to me.

They obviously share my love of Spelljammer, though.
Ayrik Posted - 12 Mar 2021 : 15:10:11

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000