Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Heroes of Silver Marches

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Roewyn Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 20:42:55
Hail thee all,
That question might seem like nonsense
but
is there any well known heroes and adventurers surviving in 1372 except dove falconhand and drizzt?

I m not asking for organizations such as harpers. I need famous heroes whose adventures are mentioned in the novels.
But if you have a character venturing silvermarches with some reputation, I appretiate if you post the stats and basic background and list of heroic deeds.
You can post the npcs that you create just for fun.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Roewyn Posted - 07 May 2004 : 12:03:55
quote:
Originally posted by Urlithani

I played a 12 Ranger/4 fighter from the Silver Marches in a campaign. I started him at level 2! :)

...ok he is in Damara now but has family near Silverymoon so he could always go back and be there for that reason. ;)

That's cool, man. Startin at 2nd lv and now he is 16.
Maybe you can post your char's stats, feats and his background and most impressing achievements.
Urlithani Posted - 07 May 2004 : 06:36:58
I played a 12 Ranger/4 fighter from the Silver Marches in a campaign. I started him at level 2! :)

...ok he is in Damara now but has family near Silverymoon so he could always go back and be there for that reason. ;)
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 06 May 2004 : 15:02:31
I am soo glad I am all done with school Keep your priorities Arivia especially now since it is finals time right? I'm sure you will do just fine
Arivia Posted - 06 May 2004 : 12:30:30
Yes, I know, I have work to do, there also.
That reminds me, I have a spare period today...
Bookwyrm Posted - 06 May 2004 : 08:16:46
Isn't this the wrong scroll to be talking about Arivia's PbeM?
Roewyn Posted - 05 May 2004 : 22:42:27
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Roewyn
By the way Arivia I couldn't get your mail. Are you too busy nowadays dude?

Sorry, things have been heating up on the academic front for me recently.

No reason for sorries, man. I know what you mean.
Take you time and take good care of yourself. There is no reason to rush until friday.
Arivia Posted - 05 May 2004 : 22:33:39
quote:

Sorry, things have been heating up on the academic front for me recently.
Roewyn Posted - 05 May 2004 : 21:11:03
Maelynn is a great char too, Artalis. Thanks.

People of candlekeep, if you don't have prepared char you are free to create one. It will be helpfull to me and fun to read about interesting individuals.

Post cool heroes or vicious and sly villians you can imagine. Your npcs can help us all.

Artalis Posted - 03 May 2004 : 23:13:04
quote:

nice character. a little dumb to take care of business by herself but who needs inteligence with 20 str .

-Are those orcs lurking in the woods?, asks Nyan the rouge
-Orcs they are, yes, replies Sollyn the elven ranger. We need to ..
-agrrrhggghhh (rage). (in a few seconds) Hehehe, now neatly sliced rotting piece of meat which only the most hungry trolls want to eat, Maer yells and looks around with a burning fire in her eyes.

Yeah that's pretty much how she operates...Ask Avaly some time
Artalis Posted - 03 May 2004 : 23:07:14
Maelynn, (she goes by Mae now, her childhood name) was an orphan raised by Mystran clerics in Silverymoon. She was left in their care by her mother (one of the faithful by all accounts) who said she would return but never did.

In reality her mother was indeed one of Mystra’s faithful, a sorceress and cleric of no small ability named Terrine who was pursued by evil creatures of some sort. She had left Mae behind to protect her and never was able to return probably due to her death.

Mae had a dizzying array of “parents” who saw to her education and care but consequently she never had a bond with any of them. Mae developed a coolly aloof and tranquil sort of persona. She was delicately beautiful, in a way that seemed to beg for her to be protected. Unlike her looks though Maelynn’s voice held strength and the force of her presence soon overcame any misconceptions about her abilities.

Her childhood was a happy one for the most part though lacking in warmth. It became the pattern for the rest of her life. Though she was well provided for Mae was alone much of the time. She spent much of her time walking the temple grounds talking to visitors and praying. Mae was very sensitive and developed an excellent set of defenses to keep from being hurt unfortunately it kept anyone from getting close to her either.

Mae was not the overly studious sort and though very bright didn’t care for the “knowledge for knowledge’s sake” approach to life. “Everything should have a good reason behind it,” she often said, and she had no intention of spending her best years studying in a temple library.

She learned a lot about people and how to deal with them successfully in her early years. From an early age on Maelynn had the gift of reason and tact and was able to cut to the heart of an argument quickly and effectively. There were many occasions on which Maelynn had served the temple well in breaking up arguments between certain mages whose egos ran a bit rampant.

She was well loved by the clerics but soon set out on her own to “make something of herself” at the tender age of 15 finding the temple atmosphere too limiting and boring. Her sorcerous talents had become evident recently and she was eager to discover more about them. Because of the nature of her specific “gift” Maelynn developed an intuitive, feeling approach to life in general and The Art in specific.

Mae wanted to see the world, learn about her strange powers, fall in love, find fabulous treasures and do all the other wonderful adventurous things the travelers talked about. Maelynn was fortunate and, on her first outing with a group of her own assembling she came across some lightly defended loot, escaped without a scratch, and with plenty of gold.

Despite her cool somewhat distant approach to others she found herself soon considered a valued and integral member of the group. She was selfless, reasonable, strong-willed and decisive. In short she made an excellent leader though she had no particular desire to lead. She enjoyed helping her associates work together effectively and diffusing potential arguments. She also drew up fair and impartial regulations by which their company operated.

She earned the name Frostheart from a few of the newer fellows in the group who filled in for fallen comrades and found that she was uninterested in their advances. She kept the appellation enjoying it’s imposing sound and feeling that it fit since she wondered if love were even possible for her, since she never felt anything approaching it.

Over the years Mae became the adventurers adventurer keeping touch with many groups and occasionally hiring herself out to those in need of magical assistance to complete their quests. She came to possess an impressive knowledge of the creatures encountered by such folk their strengths, weaknesses and habits as it seemed useful to acquire it for future reference. She developed contacts with several sages in order to verify her information and elaborate further. Mae dearly loved being the only one who knew how to handle a given situation when everyone turned to her and she had the answer. That was her idea of fun.

The exception was Larillis, a bladesinger from Cormanthyr. Mae found herself drawn to Larillis though the elf seemed to have little or no respect for her, or perhaps because of it. Over the next few forays into the areas surrounding Myth Drannor, Maelynn’s power began to grow as she came into her adulthood. As the young woman grew so did her beauty, power and force of personality, causing her to become a force to be reckoned with.

Eventually Mae began to be the real power of the group and was responsible for saving their lives repeatedly causing her associates to look upon her as even more than a leader but a cherished friend and mentor and a sort of ace in the hole or secret weapon. On her last foray into Myth Drannor Maelynn found a great stash of gold and jewels and was pleased to take her share and retire at the ripe old age of 21.

Tired of the rough living in the wilderness Mae used her share of the treasure to establish a sort of manor in the lands south of Shadowdale. A reasonable contribution to the coffers of Lord Mourngrym allowed her the title of Lady Maelynn Frostheart of Shadowdale. Her friends visited her often bringing her tales of their exploits and whatnot, and she was pleased with her life at little Frostheart Manor. Pleased, yes to be sure, but not happy.

Two winters ago Larillis Willowmane made her way to Maelynn’s home lacking a good place to wait out the harsh snows and Mae welcomed her with uncharacteristic warmth. The two discovered when together without the distractions of adventuring that they had much in common including an understanding of the other’s hopes and dreams. Larillis stayed with Maelynn all winter and the two were truly happy for a time. Larillis even managed to get Maelynn to learn a bit of swordplay.

Though the best of friends Mae still felt that Larillis felt differently about her than Mae did for the bladesinger. Larillis was kind and a wonderful friend but Mae found herself wanting more. Mae desperately wanted to tell Larillis how she felt, but she was terribly afraid of losing what she had and so, waited. Their evenings in Mae’s beautiful home were paradise to the sorceress, even if she was only able to hold Larillis’ hand.

Unfortunately a bladesinger is a person of responsibility and duty. Larillis, being an honorable person was not able to stay for long after winter. Her liege had tasked her with the defense of an item of great concern and agents of an unknown evil were seeking it. So, when the thaws came, and the snows went so did Larillis. Mae nearly went with her but had gotten used to the easy life and enjoyed her silken sheets, draperies, sculptures and servants being unwilling to plunge back into the sweaty, uncomfortable life of travel by land and adventuring.

A few weeks later Larillis returned hurt and pursued by drow. Maelynn and Larillis fought side-by-side trying to destroy her pursuers, succeeding at the cost of Larillis’ life. The bladesinger had stood in front of Mae to save her from the last drow and enable her to cast the lightning to destroy it and was cut down by the dark elf in the process. Grief-stricken, Mae buried Larillis as well as her servants, friends all of them, amongst the rubble of her home

Mae took up Larillis’ blade in memory, and finding what little supplies she could amidst the wreck of her home, made her way to Shadowdale proper. She ended up spending a week at the Old Skull Inn mourning her loss and trying to regroup. Since then she has wandered somewhat aimlessly, trying to figure out what to do with her life.

Lady Frostheart is somewhat intent on rebuilding her manor though not in a particular rush to do so. She would prefer to find those responsible for the destruction of her life and make them pay dearly before attempting that.

Mae (Lady Maelynn Frostheart); Human Sor14: CR 14; ECL 14; Size M; HD 14d4; hp 43; Init +4; Spd 5 ft (base 30 ft); AC 14, touch 10, FF 14; BAB +7/+2; Atk: +7/+2 melee (1d3, Unarmed), +10/+5 melee (1d10 + 3/crit 19-20, Sword, bastard +3 (Flaming)); SV Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +12; AL LN; Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 21.
Languages spoken: Common, Elvish, Dwarvish, Draconic
Skills and Feats: Craft (Alchemy) +4, Bluff +11, Climb -5, Concentration +5, Decipher Script +4, Diplomacy +12, Gather Information +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +20, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Knowledge (Other) +6, Perform +6, Ride +1, Search +5, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +22, Spot +5, Swim +2, Use Magic Device +10, Use Rope +1; Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Silent Spell, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Spell Focus, Still Spell, Leadership.
Sor Spells Per Day: 6/8/7/7/7/7/5/3.
Spells Known: Alter self, Arcane eye, Light, Chain lightning, Charm monster, Charm person, Comprehend languages, Continual flame, Dancing lights, Daze, Detect magic, Disrupt undead, Dominate person, Fireball, Lesser geas, Ghost sound, Hold monster, Hold person, Hypnotism, Invisibility, Greater invisibility, Lightning bolt, Limited wish, Magic missile, Mending, Prestidigitation, Read magic, See invisibility, Sleep, Suggestion, Mass suggestion, Ta's hideous laughter, Teleport.
Possessions: 2158 gp, 4 sp, 5 cp, Ring of regeneration, One piece chalk, 3 Glass wine bottle, Ink (1 oz. vial), Inkpen, Ring of sustenance, Potion of water breathing, Potion of haste, Potion of remove disease, Potion of remove blindness/deafness, Potion of remove curse, Potion of lesser restoration, Sapphire pendant on gold chain, Small steel mirror, Belt pouch (empty), Cloak of elvenkind, Soap (per lb.), Boots of elvenkind, Bracers of armor +4, 3 Fine wine (bottle), 2 Winter blanket, 2 Silk rope (50 ft.), Bedroll, 4 Courtier's outfit, Bastard +3 sword (flaming), 2 Noble's outfit, Bag of holding 1, Tent, Coins.

Roewyn Posted - 03 May 2004 : 22:19:05
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

In the deeps of the High Forest lived a tribe of wood elves known as the Greensward elves. They were for the most part typical wood elves fierce, xenophobic and unforgiving of strangers passing thru their lands.

The incident that brought the tribe to an end was related to their unforgiving nature when a human girl of early teen years was running from a band of orcs, came upon their village and was denied sanctuary by them.

The elven warriors of the tribe chased the orcs off but the elves didn’t finish the orcs off and they resumed their pursuit of the girl finally catching her and taking their turns with her before the girl’s father came upon the scene.

The girl’s father was a Tree Ghost Uthgardt named Gorim Spiritwalker, a deadly master of camouflage, ambush, and poisons. He was rumored to have had the ability to pass unseen right before a person’s eyes so great was his mastery of the woods.

He slew all of the orcs quickly and mercilessly and then gathered up his daughter and made his way to the elf village. The elves ran him off, laughing, telling the “round ears” to go home. He stood there shocked and proclaimed a curse on them saying “Every last one of you will die save for one little girl like mine, a victim of your own misdeeds” With that he vanished into thin air before the arrows of the taunting elves could strike him or his daughter.

A year later to the day, Gorim reappeared in the center of their village and gave a little girl an amulet that would not come off. Shortly thereafter elves in the village began to die one at a time mysteriously, until in a few weeks none were left except the small girl.

Gorim returned and gave the girl two rings in return for the amulet, which he said was now useless. He then said to the girl “someday when you have children teach them to protect the innocent and offer aid to those in need, or they too may be slain in righteous vengeance.”

That girl’s name was Maer’Thryl; she spent the rest of her childhood running wild thru the forest. Her rings kept her safe from hunger and cold but not from the orcs. When she had reached 60 or so, (basically the equivalent of early teen years), she was captured by a small hunting party of orcs. She was raped repeatedly, beaten, and left for dead but she didn’t die despite the raging fever that followed.

She was found by a kindly soul named Hakim Ravenmane who partially healed her and tried to give her sanctuary but she ran from him, driven slightly mad from the horrors of her experiences.

Maer ran for days and days finally coming to rest in a small glade where she was afforded the time to heal. The glade was a peaceful, tranquil place frequented only by nymphs. The nymphs were kind to Maer and helped bring her back from the brink of insanity.

Maer’Thryl is independent-minded young elf from the north. She had little use for the traditions and customs of her people as a young adult, preferring to strike out on her own and experience life to the fullest. Her youth was filled with many battles; her parents and siblings were taken from her one by one. The only real lesson that she took away from her childhood was that life is short and brutal even for elves. It is one’s own personal responsibility to make a go of it and to have a good time. Things like duty, responsibility and honor mean very little to her in the abstract, but she would lay her life on the line for a friend without even thinking about it.

Having a good time has become less of a motto and more of an obsession over the years. Maer is always looking for new and exciting things to do, one of the primary reasons for becoming an adventurer in the first place. Her obsession with having a good time has started to become a problem for her relatively recently.

She’s been sort of bored, and when Maer gets bored bad things happen. Just recently she was kicked out of the last town she was in for instigating a bar fight for no reason other than to generate some fun. This has actually become a bit of a habit for her. This usually earns her a decent amount of enemies just about everywhere she's gone. In a couple of the towns she’s passed thru she’s been called the “Maerstrom” amusingly enough.

In short she’s an excitement addict and her addiction can take a number of forms.

Physically Maer’Thryl is small, standing less than 5 feet tall and with a slightly more curvaceous figure than the other elves of her type. She looks the very picture of the pretty little blonde haired blue-eyed elf. The only difference being in the way she carries herself, head high, shoulders back, almost daring someone to challenge her. She dresses scantily, sometimes wearing barely anything at all. She enjoys the looks she gets, but much of it is because of the fact that she has horrible skin reactions to anything but elven silk, gold, silver, or brass on her skin.

Recently the spirit of her patron god Fenmarel Mestarine visited her while she rested in between romps thru the forest looking for orcs to kill. She was told to go to the Unicorn’s Horn Tavern in Silverymoon and to seek out folk who needed her help. Maer’Thryl grudgingly excepted her task as she was bored with orc-slaying for the time being and made her way there.

Maer'Thryl; Elf Bbn6: CR 6; ECL 6; Size M; HD 6d12; hp 50; Init +5; Spd 40 ft (base 30 ft); AC 15, touch 15, FF 10; BAB +6/+1; Atk: +11/+6 melee (1d3 + 5, Unarmed); SQ Low-light Vision, +2 to saves vs enchantment, immune to sleep effects; SV Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +1; AL CG; Str 20, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 12.
Languages spoken: Common and Elven
Skills and Feats: Balance +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Handle Animal +3, Hide +6, Survival +1, Listen +2, Search +0.5, Spot +2, Swim +6; Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency.

nice character. a little dumb to take care of business by herself but who needs inteligence with 20 str .

-Are those orcs lurking in the woods?, asks Nyan the rouge
-Orcs they are, yes, replies Sollyn the elven ranger. We need to ..
-agrrrhggghhh (rage). (in a few seconds) Hehehe, now neatly sliced rotting piece of meat which only the most hungry trolls want to eat, Maer yells and looks around with a burning fire in her eyes.
Artalis Posted - 03 May 2004 : 18:17:34
In the deeps of the High Forest lived a tribe of wood elves known as the Greensward elves. They were for the most part typical wood elves fierce, xenophobic and unforgiving of strangers passing thru their lands.

The incident that brought the tribe to an end was related to their unforgiving nature when a human girl of early teen years was running from a band of orcs, came upon their village and was denied sanctuary by them.

The elven warriors of the tribe chased the orcs off but the elves didn’t finish the orcs off and they resumed their pursuit of the girl finally catching her and taking their turns with her before the girl’s father came upon the scene.

The girl’s father was a Tree Ghost Uthgardt named Gorim Spiritwalker, a deadly master of camouflage, ambush, and poisons. He was rumored to have had the ability to pass unseen right before a person’s eyes so great was his mastery of the woods.

He slew all of the orcs quickly and mercilessly and then gathered up his daughter and made his way to the elf village. The elves ran him off, laughing, telling the “round ears” to go home. He stood there shocked and proclaimed a curse on them saying “Every last one of you will die save for one little girl like mine, a victim of your own misdeeds” With that he vanished into thin air before the arrows of the taunting elves could strike him or his daughter.

A year later to the day, Gorim reappeared in the center of their village and gave a little girl an amulet that would not come off. Shortly thereafter elves in the village began to die one at a time mysteriously, until in a few weeks none were left except the small girl.

Gorim returned and gave the girl two rings in return for the amulet, which he said was now useless. He then said to the girl “someday when you have children teach them to protect the innocent and offer aid to those in need, or they too may be slain in righteous vengeance.”

That girl’s name was Maer’Thryl; she spent the rest of her childhood running wild thru the forest. Her rings kept her safe from hunger and cold but not from the orcs. When she had reached 60 or so, (basically the equivalent of early teen years), she was captured by a small hunting party of orcs. She was raped repeatedly, beaten, and left for dead but she didn’t die despite the raging fever that followed.

She was found by a kindly soul named Hakim Ravenmane who partially healed her and tried to give her sanctuary but she ran from him, driven slightly mad from the horrors of her experiences.

Maer ran for days and days finally coming to rest in a small glade where she was afforded the time to heal. The glade was a peaceful, tranquil place frequented only by nymphs. The nymphs were kind to Maer and helped bring her back from the brink of insanity.

Maer’Thryl is independent-minded young elf from the north. She had little use for the traditions and customs of her people as a young adult, preferring to strike out on her own and experience life to the fullest. Her youth was filled with many battles; her parents and siblings were taken from her one by one. The only real lesson that she took away from her childhood was that life is short and brutal even for elves. It is one’s own personal responsibility to make a go of it and to have a good time. Things like duty, responsibility and honor mean very little to her in the abstract, but she would lay her life on the line for a friend without even thinking about it.

Having a good time has become less of a motto and more of an obsession over the years. Maer is always looking for new and exciting things to do, one of the primary reasons for becoming an adventurer in the first place. Her obsession with having a good time has started to become a problem for her relatively recently.

She’s been sort of bored, and when Maer gets bored bad things happen. Just recently she was kicked out of the last town she was in for instigating a bar fight for no reason other than to generate some fun. This has actually become a bit of a habit for her. This usually earns her a decent amount of enemies just about everywhere she's gone. In a couple of the towns she’s passed thru she’s been called the “Maerstrom” amusingly enough.

In short she’s an excitement addict and her addiction can take a number of forms.

Physically Maer’Thryl is small, standing less than 5 feet tall and with a slightly more curvaceous figure than the other elves of her type. She looks the very picture of the pretty little blonde haired blue-eyed elf. The only difference being in the way she carries herself, head high, shoulders back, almost daring someone to challenge her. She dresses scantily, sometimes wearing barely anything at all. She enjoys the looks she gets, but much of it is because of the fact that she has horrible skin reactions to anything but elven silk, gold, silver, or brass on her skin.

Recently the spirit of her patron god Fenmarel Mestarine visited her while she rested in between romps thru the forest looking for orcs to kill. She was told to go to the Unicorn’s Horn Tavern in Silverymoon and to seek out folk who needed her help. Maer’Thryl grudgingly excepted her task as she was bored with orc-slaying for the time being and made her way there.

Maer'Thryl; Elf Bbn6: CR 6; ECL 6; Size M; HD 6d12; hp 50; Init +5; Spd 40 ft (base 30 ft); AC 15, touch 15, FF 10; BAB +6/+1; Atk: +11/+6 melee (1d3 + 5, Unarmed); SQ Low-light Vision, +2 to saves vs enchantment, immune to sleep effects; SV Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +1; AL CG; Str 20, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 9, Cha 12.
Languages spoken: Common and Elven
Skills and Feats: Balance +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Handle Animal +3, Hide +6, Survival +1, Listen +2, Search +0.5, Spot +2, Swim +6; Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency.

Faraer Posted - 03 May 2004 : 17:00:25
These aren't novel characters, nor restricted to Luruar, nor known of as of 'official' 1372 DR, but they're true heroes of the Sword Coast North:
Mintiper Moonsilver and Asilther Graelor (Dragon #187, FOR4, "Mintiper's Chapbook")
Jhastar Belnold and Talantra Bowgentle (Dragon #168)
Elsura Dauniir and Baelam "The Bold" (Dragon #172)
and Sharanralee.
Maskanodel Posted - 03 May 2004 : 15:55:39
Theres currently a project online dedicated to fleshing out Silverymoon. It's appropriately called Project: Silverymoon. Theres all osrts of things on their website, useful to players and DMs alike. The URL is www.gemofthenorth.org.
Cherrn Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:34:58
Aw cmon that has to be one of the best attempts at putting a thread back on track in the history of good ol' Candlekeep
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:31:58
Oh, a likely excuse.
Cherrn Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:27:06
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Unless Shadowlord were after involving necromancy spells, I don't doubt it.

Lol

Cherrn sits quietly in front of his computer. He looks up in wonder. What was that sound.... hmmm I must be imagining things. He resumes the typing looking for new smart replies to Bookwyrm's and Shadowlord's post that will trap them and have Cherrn win this discussion. A faint shuffle of feet is heard. Cherrn looks up again. Hmmmmm there it was again, there's definately something happening! Cherrn resumes his typing and smiles wickedly. Now I got both Bookwyrm and Shadowlord cornered, they will never know what hit them! Hah! Right as Cherrn is about to hit the "Post New Reply" button the door crashes open! In storms 4 policemen, each of them pointing their guns at Cherrn. Cherrn looks at them in terror and amazement. One of them steps forward speaking into a small headset. "Wolf 1 calling in, target acquired, situation is under control. How are you faring Wolf 2 and 3? He leans forward ending up face to face with Cherrn. Cherrn feeling the mans breath on his face. "You are under arrest Cherrn! You have been charged with the crime of hijacking an innocent thread! And don't worry about friends Bookwyrm and Shadowlord, Wolf 2 and 3 are moving into position as we speak. They will be acquired and neutralized shortly" Cherrn opens his mouth to protest but is quickly silenced with a pistol whip. Cherrn groans and falls to the floor, everything becoming dark. He mumbles: Oh and I almost had them with my brilliant reply... Wolf 1 looks at the screen to see what Cherrn was typing, then remarks: "Now that is brilliant, too bad no one will ever see it. He laughs wickedly as he pulls the plug on the computer.
Shadowlord Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:14:33
Well I should hope your halfling's feet are hairier! Mine is a female halfling, after all.

Oh and Cherrn, my father is long gone, killed by my own hand. I am a 3,000 year old drow/shade, if you recall.
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:14:03
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

and my dad can beat up his dead, yeah it's true, you know it is.

Unless Shadowlord were after involving necromancy spells, I don't doubt it.
Cherrn Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:09:43
Lol

Errmm well...

I bet... errrr

That my feet are much more hairy than Shadowlord's IRL then! Hah!

and my dad can beat up his dad, yeah it's true, you know it is.
Bookwyrm Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:05:18
That's because Shadowlord's character doesn't want to look like she has the feet of some unwashed male, so she prefers to keep hers trimmed and brushed.
Cherrn Posted - 02 May 2004 : 23:01:12
Pah Shadowlord! I wanted to make a halfling rogue before you even started to think about hairy feet!

And I bet your story isn't as mysterious as the one I have cooked up for Dalabrac, and I bet his feet has a lot more hair on them than your halfling! There, I said it, so hah!
Shadowlord Posted - 02 May 2004 : 22:44:58
I too have a halfling thief for Arivia's PbEM, and might I say "I was the original female halfling thief." However, her past is a bit mysterious right now...
Roewyn Posted - 02 May 2004 : 22:32:12
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

If your willing to accept Neutral characters as Heroes then Ive got 2 NPCs for you a Divine Champion of Hoar and a Cleric of Talona LN and CN

That would be nice, Dargoth. I have no neutral NPCs. I suspect that Talona cleric is a bit unusual. And divine champion of hoar seems to be a good one too.
Dargoth Posted - 01 May 2004 : 10:59:02
If your willing to accept Neutral characters as Heroes then Ive got 2 NPCs for you a Divine Champion of Hoar and a Cleric of Talona LN and CN
Bookwyrm Posted - 01 May 2004 : 02:38:55
I don't know. Might not be enough. We want to make sure he gets the message, after all.
Cherrn Posted - 01 May 2004 : 01:28:32
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

If you get over to the WotC site you may want to track down a poster named Autospongue. He's run what looks like a fantastic Silver Marches campaign for quite a long time. He's probably one of the best informed players on this region that I've seen on either board. I know for a fact that he has posted info there regarding music colleges that he has created, newspapers full of gossip and events, and quite a lot of other fantastic in game material.

We need to lure him over to Candlekeep.

Sarta

Shall we start with the propaganda Sarta ? You know, drop various hints right after his posts like this:

Phew, I just came from Candlekeep.com, man those people are nice, and intelligent too. One with a vast ammount of knowledge about a region sure would be welcome over there, and liked too!
Sarta Posted - 01 May 2004 : 01:18:36
If you get over to the WotC site you may want to track down a poster named Autospongue. He's run what looks like a fantastic Silver Marches campaign for quite a long time. He's probably one of the best informed players on this region that I've seen on either board. I know for a fact that he has posted info there regarding music colleges that he has created, newspapers full of gossip and events, and quite a lot of other fantastic in game material.

We need to lure him over to Candlekeep.

Sarta
Cherrn Posted - 01 May 2004 : 01:09:43
If you want then I can have the fella named Casio I mentioned sent to ya. Just need to sort his background. This one is a villain type
Roewyn Posted - 01 May 2004 : 00:41:14
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'll throw a few other pieces in too, including some NPC concepts.(I won't post them here, for fear that my players will read this scroll.) Expect something in the next few days.

I see your point.
Thank u, Arivia. I ' ll wait your mail.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000