Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 A newcomer question about Flaming Fist.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ghostfinger Posted - 11 Dec 2010 : 09:03:32
Now that Flaming Fist is officially the military strength of Baldur's Gate, do they still active as a mercenary force ?

If not, is there any info in 4E as to what replaces Flaming Fist as the major mercenary force ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RandoTheCat Posted - 04 Nov 2022 : 22:41:36
VERY LATE but both are doin' good :D. Thesk has some new Orcs that are civilized
Ghostfinger Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 05:21:58
I'm trying to establish a background base for my character.
A fighter/weaponmistress who is an ex-mercenary now gone freelance.
How's Thesk and Telflamm in 1480 ?
Matt James Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 22:30:07
...also to answer your question. Adventuring companies largely take on all freelance merc work. If your looking for specifics, the Vilhon Mercenary Corps has grown significantly in the past 20 years or so and can be found all throughout the Realms; acting much like the Knights Templar of our own world during medieval times.
Matt James Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 22:26:07
They are still considered a mercenary company, albeit with granted powers of a constabulary and garrisoning force. The sheer size of Baldur's Gate requires it (it is the largest city in all the Realms as of1480 DR).
Diffan Posted - 12 Dec 2010 : 18:16:56
quote:
Originally posted by Ghostfinger

Now that Flaming Fist is officially the military strength of Baldur's Gate, do they still active as a mercenary force ?

If not, is there any info in 4E as to what replaces Flaming Fist as the major mercenary force ?

I'm not even sure how mercenary they were a century before. They acted as the city garrison and that still holds true. I do feel they have mercenaries that venture out of Baldur's Gate and to other, closer locations and/or work as protectors of Baldur's Gate caravans and other interests.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000