Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge 2.0

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Apr 2008 : 16:21:08
Well met, all!

Many moons ago, one of our scribes started a trivia challenge. There was no overall goal, other than sharing trivia and having fun. And it was fun for a while, but eventually petered out.

I decided to restart it. And I also decided we needed a few more rules this time. I specifically wanted to avoid two problems of the last challenge: sometimes the trivia was simply too esoteric, and other times, the same people (myself included ) kept dominating the challenge by jumping on all the questions as they were asked. Hopefully, we can avoid any issues this time.

The rules:

1. All questions must come from a novel, sourcebook, official (non-subscription) TSR/WotC web release, or Dragon magazine. Lore originating solely from computer games (including their manuals), comic books, mailing lists (like Realms-L), forums (including this one), apocryphal sources such as the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, or any other unofficial TSR/WotC source are disallowed. Polyhedron and Dungeon magazines are similarly off-limits; while they did contain official Realms material, Dragon had a lot more such material and a wider reader base. Dragon was also where the Realms first saw print, so it's only fitting to include it.
It's only fair if we use non-obscure material that everyone has a reasonable chance of easily obtaining.

2. It is requested that any scribe answering a question refrain from doing so again for five days. There are plenty of people who know a lot, but others need to have a chance.

3. If no one has correctly answered a question within 24 hours of its posting, the posting scribe needs to provide a hint, and the hint must be informative enough to give others a chance to find the information. For example (drawing from the previous Trivia Challenge), if the question was "Who was Alisker Lathundown of Nuel?", saying "He's dead!" is not a sufficient hint. Saying "Alisker was one of seven, and the seven aren't as well known as the lady mage they served. He's definitely dead, but may or may not be still around." is enough information to aim people in the right direction. (He's one of the skulls that served Tashara of the Seven Skulls; he's named in the "Elminster's Notebook" article of the same name in Dragon 206.)

4. It's recommended, but not necessary, that when the correct answer is given, a reference be provided. That way, others can read up on it, if they wish.

5. The scribe who correctly answers a question is then allowed to post a question of their own. It's a good idea to have a question ready, instead of saying "I'll come back with one in several hours" (I myself am guilty of the latter! ).

6. At this time, questions which cover the entirety of 1e, 2e, 3e and 4e FORGOTTEN REALMS are allowed as part of this Trivia Challenge. However, 4e questions based solely on information from the DDI are discouraged, since a large number of scribes have not subscribed to that service, and the information is thus not available for them.

7. Remember, the purpose of this is simply to have some fun and share lore. There's no need to lord superior knowledge of Realmslore over each other; we're all here because we love the setting.

Edit: Rules 1 and 6 tweaked; 4E questions are now allowed, but questions from the subscription-only sections of the Wizards site are ruled out.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 20 Sep 2020 : 22:16:09
Seeker Qoyllor,

Was it a spectre?

Best regards,

Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 31 Oct 2016 : 13:36:52
OK guys, as it's Halloween I'll try and have a horror vibe to this question.

What type of creature, specifically, is stalking the group in The Howling Delve novel?
Ergdusch Posted - 26 Oct 2016 : 17:22:42
quote:
Originally posted by Iahn Qoyllor

Is the answer Tertius Wands from the 'The Devil and Tertius Wands' story which is in the Realms of Mystery anthology?

The answer is correct. Sorry for the late reply.

So it's your turn, Iahn Qoyllor.
Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 18 Oct 2016 : 10:56:32
Is the answer Tertius Wands from the 'The Devil and Tertius Wands' story which is in the Realms of Mystery anthology?
The Masked Mage Posted - 08 Oct 2016 : 20:49:38
No rush dude. Let people find the story and read :)
Ergdusch Posted - 08 Oct 2016 : 08:41:50
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Ok, the question seems to be too obscure or too difficult. so, here a hint to point you in the right direction:

"Involved in this realmsish mystery are a human, his djinn servant and a Collector. Who we seek is the name of the human, who came from Waterdeep and had to leave Irieabor afterwards."

I know exactly who this is referring to, I'm just too tired to figure out which of the character's appearances included this tale.

It's a mystery

I'll be away from my Computer tonight, so if the answer was not found by then, you should ask Jeff Grubb on it... He should know for sure.
The Masked Mage Posted - 08 Oct 2016 : 04:37:06
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Ok, the question seems to be too obscure or too difficult. so, here a hint to point you in the right direction:

"Involved in this realmsish mystery are a human, his djinn servant and a Collector. Who we seek is the name of the human, who came from Waterdeep and had to leave Irieabor afterwards."

I know exactly who this is referring to, I'm just too tired to figure out which of the character's appearances included this tale.

It's a mystery
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Oct 2016 : 04:05:44
quote:

The Masked Mage Posted - 07 Oct 2016 : 23:58:31
Better hint - ANTHOLOGIES
Ergdusch Posted - 07 Oct 2016 : 18:49:39

Ergdusch Posted - 06 Oct 2016 : 19:35:43
Here I go:

"Who spoiled Drusilla Vermeer from recovering her soul?"
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Oct 2016 : 22:24:56
You have the answer, though not the source I knew of. Well done. Harshnag the grim was also so named in the City System Box Set, but also not it City of Splendors or Waterdeep and the North. Your turn Ergdusch.
Ergdusch Posted - 05 Oct 2016 : 18:49:03
This could be "Harshnag", Member of Force Grey, an official arm of the local government of Waterdeep.
But as far as I know the byname "the Grim" was not mentioned in the 2nd. Ed. Heros Lorebook but appeared in 3rd Ed. Supplement City of Splendors.
The Masked Mage Posted - 05 Oct 2016 : 17:12:00
What moderately famous Giant is known as "The Grim"
Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 05 Oct 2016 : 11:54:05
Well played sir, your turn!
The Masked Mage Posted - 30 Sep 2016 : 17:01:04
Capital was Coryselmal and year was -255 DR. They did it with a tidal wave, and the years is called, cleverly enough the Year of Furious Waves.

This is all in the Sea of Fallen Stars book.
Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 20 Sep 2016 : 13:19:06
Thanks.

With the destruction of Jhaamdath, the elven High Mages above unknowingly shattered the underwater elven capital of Serôs. What was the name of the elven capital and in what year did this catastrophe occur?
Barastir Posted - 20 Sep 2016 : 12:05:05
quote:
Originally posted by Iahn Qoyllor

Frey Silverblade is the Commander of the 3rd Company of the High Guards of Waterdeep ...

Good. Your turn to make a question.
Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 19 Sep 2016 : 13:27:18
Frey Silverblade is the Commander of the 3rd Company of the High Guards of Waterdeep and she is part of the alliance against the Hordes of Dragonspear. She appears in the Module of the same name.
Barastir Posted - 16 Sep 2016 : 19:12:47
One tip: she was in lands just south of the City of Splendors in the Year of the Wyvern.
Barastir Posted - 01 Sep 2016 : 11:19:51
Since there was no response to this question, I'll present another one: who is Frey Silverblade, and what is her relation with the city of Waterdeep?

(In time: Bartholemew the Sage hired a group of heroes to capture the "marsh monster", a cantobele, alive, where many were trying to kill the creature. It is in the Cantobele adventure in the 2e Forgotten Realms Book of Lairs, pages 21-23.)
Barastir Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 01:02:27
He was not a bounty hunter, but wanted someone (or something) captured near his/her/its lair... (new tip)
Barastir Posted - 24 Aug 2016 : 12:39:25
It's not sure where exactly in the Realms this sage lives, but it is near to a marsh. And many others are searching what he wants, but with a different intention.
Barastir Posted - 22 Aug 2016 : 14:59:07
The aranea of southern Calimshan, and the power was defeated and absorbed by Selvetarm.

Why have Bartholemew, the Sage hired a group of heroes, and which conditions have he set for them?
Iahn Qoyllor Posted - 19 Aug 2016 : 13:39:40
He is actually a Green Dragon named Acuakvacaesin and it's from Dragon Magazine 356.

The aranea of which area venerate Zanassu and who destroyed this abyssal lord and absorbed his power?
George Krashos Posted - 18 Aug 2016 : 02:48:17
I thought it was Jimmar Hofer.

-- George Krashos
The Masked Mage Posted - 18 Aug 2016 : 01:09:08
:)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Aug 2016 : 23:07:37
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

What is the true identity of the wood elf Caesin on the isle of Gwyennath?

Jimmy Hoffa.
The Masked Mage Posted - 17 Aug 2016 : 22:28:40
What is the true identity of the wood elf Caesin on the isle of Gwyennath?
BadCatMan Posted - 17 Aug 2016 : 16:50:12
Rabbits are more of a snack, its horses and elves that are their favourites.
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Krakk%27t

But close enough, over to the Masked Mage.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000