Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 eternal wand of lesser anyspell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sleyvas Posted - 17 May 2007 : 21:58:58
I was wondering, how pissed would the clergy of Mystra becoming do you think if one of these wands got away from them. Part of me says very (after all, its one of their main specialty spells). The other part of me thinks they might even give these away as special rewards. Given that it only gives the ability to duplicate any spell of 2nd lvl or under twice a day... its not too overpowered, but it would be a very nice thing to have.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 18 May 2007 : 16:10:17
Achh, just hit on my own problem with this. Anyspell is a divine spell (spell domain or initiate of mystra feat) that lets you prepare an arcane spell. Eternal Wand stores an arcane spell. Game mechanics wise, shouldn't make a difference, but....
Anyway, was just playing with it as an idea that they had just discovered it, and one was stolen, but they wanted the party to recover it lest folk uncover their secret. Might still be neat if there's a temple that keeps about 10 of these on hand, so that they always have some minor cures, detections, whatever that they might need without having to rely on keeping them memorized. Their religion might thereby gain a better reputation as being "always prepared" for the little things, whereas other religions "never have what we need memorized".
Victor_ograygor Posted - 18 May 2007 : 14:51:49
'Anyspell' is a particular spell in the FR book. It allows the caster to prepare a first or second level spell from a spellbook as if he were a wizard.
Wenin Posted - 18 May 2007 : 14:46:00
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The wand would be useless without a spellbook anyhow.

Why?

Does the spell Anyspell have that same restriction?
KnightErrantJR Posted - 18 May 2007 : 00:22:21
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

First I don’t think that eternal wands exist in Forgotten Realms, but they do in Ebberon(eternal wand´s) .

Second wand of lesser anyspell, are extremely rare, You don’t find them in a treasure ore buy them in a magic store.

Eternal wands were "generified" in the Magic Item Compendium, and I kind of like the idea, so I'll take this one in our favor. That having been said, yeah, they are arcane spells only.
Garen Thal Posted - 17 May 2007 : 23:54:45
Anyspell is a divine spell, and eternal wands are specifically (and, I think, appropriately) restricted to arcane spells only. It's not possible to place anyspell in an eternal wand under the best of circumstances.
warlockco Posted - 17 May 2007 : 23:16:02
The wand would be useless without a spellbook anyhow.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 17 May 2007 : 22:20:00
First I don’t think that eternal wands exist in Forgotten Realms, but they do in Ebberon(eternal wand´s) .

Second wand of lesser anyspell, are extremely rare, You don’t find them in a treasure ore buy them in a magic store.
Wenin Posted - 17 May 2007 : 22:02:52
This magic item exists, or it can be built by the rules?

If it exists, where? =)

If it can be built, can you provide the details? =)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000