Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spells Spells and spells

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 21:18:01
I was thinking about something reading through all the endless threads on this, vey good forum.... Now it has been said more than once that Karsus' Avatar was the highest level spell ever cast. And if this is true. What about the Imaskacani spell that blocked out the gods? Was this spell considered something else, like the Sundering or indeen something entirely diferent?

I know that besides the standard level spell 1-9 and the once casteble 10, 11 and 12 there are other forms like Elven High magic but what was going on back then when Mystryl and The Weave 1.0 was around???
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jakk Posted - 12 May 2010 : 04:33:07
That's pretty much how I see it, dracons... in my Realms, the Norse pantheon is actually native to Toril, and briefly sent avatars to Earth upon discovering a similar society there, but packed up and came home when a certain monotheistic faith took over... ... and the fact that they were native to Toril is why they were unaffected by the Imaskari barrier.
Dracons Posted - 12 May 2010 : 03:24:43
I won't go off on how /bitching/ Karsus was. Yeah, he is one of my fave history mage, but he isn't the greatest character in Faerun.

What was the spell that blocked the gods? Likely a Mythal. Seeing as Silverymoon can block evil dragons, I can see high enough users to make extended versions of a forbiddance spell that blocked out Outsiders, which are technically what Gods are, and I don't belive they banned all gods from their lands, just those from other spheres/planes of existance that weren't /native/ to Faerun. In anycase, it was mostly to block their avatars and any link to grant divine spells. Seeing as they were masters and inventors of plane shifting and extra planes, it's easy to see they being able to block divine users and avatars with their superior magic.

Quale Posted - 11 May 2010 : 15:59:41
Probably it was a ritual, in 3e terms epic magic. Thayans and Rashemi have the circle magic tradition they inherited from the Imaskari.

Otherwise level 13 at least.
Alisttair Posted - 11 May 2010 : 12:53:37
I would think it was more of a joint thing because nothing could compare to what mighty Karsus accomplished!! (or at most a Level 11 1/2 spell

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000