Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Shaking Plague of Scardale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
capnvan Posted - 21 Jun 2008 : 20:45:12
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ardashir Posted - 23 Sep 2008 : 01:34:00
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

I found it in a Realms FAQ archive :
"Half way up the northern massif of the Scar is a large ledge, accessable by a narrow and step footpath. A shrine to Ilmater is maintained here, in honor of a man named Lhaer. A refugee from Scardale Town who saw his family perish from the Shaking Plague, he claimed that the source of this disease was a powerful spirit of disease, a favored thrall of Talona."

That answer makes the most sense.
Fillow Posted - 22 Jun 2008 : 10:04:29
Indeed, I think this plague is wanted to stay mysterous.
In an article in the WotC website, we can read : "The (...) Official Sembian policy is to leave Scardale alone until the mystery of the Shaking Plague is solved".

I also found a post in the Power of Faerūn thread, from George Krashos where he wrote :
"... If you're talking about the illness that affected Scardale, that was a magical plague as I understand it. Maybe that's why it wasn't included."

I found it in a Realms FAQ archive :
"Half way up the northern massif of the Scar is a large ledge, accessable by a narrow and step footpath. A shrine to Ilmater is maintained here, in honor of a man named Lhaer. A refugee from Scardale Town who saw his family perish from the Shaking Plague, he claimed that the source of this disease was a powerful spirit of disease, a favored thrall of Talona."

Endly, I learnt that there was another Shaking Plague in the Year of Old Beginnings (-135 DR): "The Shaking Plague strikes several cities in Calimshan".

Excuse-me for missing in answering with a real and insured way capnvan !
Daviot Posted - 22 Jun 2008 : 06:03:26
As far as I know, the published 2.0 adventures, Volo's Guide, and the 3.0 FRCS were (presumably intentionally) vague about the plague and any possible causes, so I've always assumed it to be a natural, if not virulent, disease outbreak. If any other scribes would like to corroborate my assumption or point out something I've missed, please go ahead.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000