Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Saurials?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umari24 Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 09:07:28
Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right spot. If it isn't I apoligze profusely.
I am pertty new to FR and I had a question concerning the Saurials. I recently finished re-reading The Finder's Stone books, I was curious to know if there are any plans to give Saurials more of a presence in the realms? And is there going to be any novels written exclusive about a saurial main character?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Faraer Posted - 03 Feb 2007 : 00:41:36
Yes, the former Tarkhaldale, which fell before the raising of the Standing Stone (though FRS1 oddly seems to place it more recently) and was settled by Saurials in the Year of the Turret.
Markustay Posted - 03 Feb 2007 : 00:18:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

More importantly, there will never be a Saurial cooler than Dragonbait so it's sorta ruined ever playing one lol

You mean you never heard of his younger sister, Jailbait?

Sorry, just had to go there.

I remember a little something, I think from the Dalelands supplement. Don't they live in one of the Dales now? I believe it was one of the 'Lost' Dales.

Lost Vale = Lost Dale? Anyone?
Jorkens Posted - 02 Feb 2007 : 07:34:26
quote:

That and there really aren't many Saurials around outside (forget the name, Hidden/Lost Vale or something?). Also I think Saurials aren't native to Faerun, though it's been a number of months since I read the finders stone trilogy.

More importantly, there will never be a Saurial cooler than Dragonbait so it's sorta ruined ever playing one lol

The Saurials were brought to Faerun by Moander from a different world and can only be found in the Lost Vale.

As much as I liked both Dragonbait and Grypht, I wouldn't mind seeing a Bladeback mystic or priest. I can just see him wandering against the sunset as the Mystics in the Dark Crystal.

I still have nightmares about that annoying Flyer wizard a player of mine used about ten years ago though.
umari24 Posted - 02 Feb 2007 : 01:39:53
I agree the draconic templates have put them on the back burner and that isn't cool. I like the templates but the Saurials are cool. Dragonbait and Grypht are cool. I wouldn't mind playing a Saurial wizard or psion. Sigh.....poor forgot saurials
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Feb 2007 : 00:46:33
quote:

That and there really aren't many Saurials around outside (forget the name, Hidden/Lost Vale or something?). Also I think Saurials aren't native to Faerun, though it's been a number of months since I read the finders stone trilogy.

The Lost Vale is the place.

I liked Grypht, too. I wouldn't mind playing a hornhead spellslinger...
Kaladorm Posted - 01 Feb 2007 : 23:01:04

Markustay Posted - 01 Feb 2007 : 20:02:19
Unfortunately, with all the 'draconic' templates flying about lately, saurials have taken a back seat. I always thought of them as FR's answer to the Draconians in DL, so obviously the new templates are taking precedence.

Just my take, for what its worth.
umari24 Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 00:01:33
Thank you everyone! The web enhancement was great and those beastiaries as well! It is a bit disappointing that the saurials aren't going to be in anymore novels. They are one of my favorite "new" races. Masquerades.....and its long out of print now that is a bigger disappointment...oh well....I guess I will have to write my own story about a saurial main character then..lol! A saurial warlock....one of my favorite races and favorite new class.......
Kaladorm Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 22:26:10
1-0 to Kajehase.

The race is on....
Kajehase Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 17:44:21
Unless someone beats him to it: Bestiary of the Realms II

And for good measure: Bestiary of the Realms I
Kaladorm Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 16:22:58
Saurials (and Alias-clone templates) are detailed in the Bestiary of the Realms by Eric Boyd and Tom Costa
(there is a link floating around on the forum somewhere, I couldn't find it last time I referenced this and Wooly did so he knows what to do )
Jorkens Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 12:16:25
quote:

Originally posted by Wooly Rupert.
Actually, it was called Masquerade.

That should teach me not to answer questions in the morning whilst distracted. Sorry umari24, Wooly is of course right, I meant Masquerade.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 11:18:33
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

P.s. There is also one more Alias and Dragonbait book The Night masks, in the Harper series, but it is long out of print.

Actually, it was called Masquerade.
Jorkens Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 09:22:27
I don't think there will be much mention of the saurials in future novels, unless there comes one from Grubb and Novak. With exception of a few mentions in general 2ed. products the Web enhancement Dargoth gave the link to is the only mentions of Saurials I can think of.

P.s. There is also one more Alias and Dragonbait book The Night masks, in the Harper series, but it is long out of print.
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 09:15:03
you might want to check this PDF out

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040717a

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000