Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 destroyed areas of Esmeltaran, 1370 DR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lemernis Posted - 26 Sep 2006 : 23:47:51
In Lands of Intrigue, Book II, p. 46 there is a map of Esmeltaran that states at the bottom "Shaded sections are areas destroyed after the Sythillisian invasion in the Year of the Tankard (1370 DR)." Unfortunately it is impossible to tell from the book's .pdf form which sections are shaded--the city blocks are all black. If anyone has this book in its original form, I would be very appreciative if they could share which areas are shaded. Feel free to PM me or email me (please include "shaded areas of Esmeltaran" in the email subject). I am interested in that specific information, not later canon for the city. Thanking you in advance!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
maransreth Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 10:22:52
Got back to you Lemernis via PM.
Lemernis Posted - 29 Sep 2006 : 03:07:22
Here is a link showing the area of the map in question. If anyone who has the book could please identify for me which of the city blocks numbered in yellow was destroyed during the invasion, I'd very grateful.

Lemernis Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 13:34:07
Maransreth, please see my PM, and thank you for all your help!
Lemernis Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 12:38:02
If you don't mind, I'll post a Photoshop edited version of the map (as mentioned, it's available free online in LoI, a WotC 'free classic download') that approximates from the description, and perhaps you can tell me where I have it right and wrong. :D
maransreth Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 06:59:16
Yes 2 and 4 are the only numbered locations that are in the shaded area. Location 5 is just outside of it.
Lemernis Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 01:34:53
edit: oops sorry, all I saw was your sig and I overlooked your response heh, nevermind
The Sage Posted - 28 Sep 2006 : 01:16:26
Nobleknight.com offers the LoI boxed set at around $20US. See here.
Lemernis Posted - 27 Sep 2006 : 23:56:56
Thanks!

Does the map then show that locations (2) Sune's Silk Slippers and (4) Black Alaric's fall in the destroyed areas?

I realize this may be too much to ask, but if it were truly no trouble, it would be wonderful if you can scan it and email it to me. (The .pdf is a free classic download from WotC, I doubt the actual book is in print anymore.) Or perhaps Photoshop edit a copy of the map with the areas in question highlighted in some way (eg, use the 'paint bucket' to colorize the city blocks affected)? Any event, I'm extremely grateful for the description you've provided.
maransreth Posted - 27 Sep 2006 : 08:18:39
The shaded area is closer to the wall, than the water.

Specifically, between the wall and location 5, south of 5 west to the major road that bisects the cioty north south, and south as far as the bottom (southern) major road that comes through the gate at the south.

So roughly 1/3rd of the city is shaded.

Hope it helps.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000