Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Dryad Dance: Druid Ritual of Silvanus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nevorick Posted - 27 Feb 2006 : 19:26:31
I'm looking for more details regarding the Silvanite ritual, known as the Dryad Dance. I'm seeking information like when it should performed, how often, how long it takes to do the calling of the dryads, if there any other requirements other than dancing druids and a pipe player.

I wonder also what the life expectancy of a dryad is? Are they long-lived like elves, or because they are faerie do they exist as long as their forest and their oak exist?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Volo Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 05:13:34
Well, he's got us waiting with baited breath! (Baited with salmon, in my case.)
The Hooded One Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 01:47:30
Ed runs dryad lifespans this way: if a tree grows old and starts to die, but throws up suckers, the dryad can transfer to the suckers and live on - - but if the tree is chopped down, rots, is shattered by lightning or in a storm or calamity, the dryad dies with it.
As for the ritual . . . knowing Ed, he'll eventually find a way to start sneaking all those rituals into print (on the website if nowhere else).
love,
THO
Kentinal Posted - 27 Feb 2006 : 20:12:38
Dryads live as long as their trees do.

How they become attached to a tree is another story yet unexplained.

If it is true they are tree spirits they might never die, but instead relocate to another Oak. There is no indication that they give birth and tend to be solatary, as trees tend not to be within 100 or so yards of each other.
Kuje Posted - 27 Feb 2006 : 19:45:54
It's one of the hundreds of rituals that Ed has detailed but TSR wouldn't print and WOTC hasn't/won't print.

Not sure on how long dryads live.... hmmm.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000