Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Netheril Trilogy and the fate of Sunbright.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Caolin Posted - 26 Feb 2006 : 07:30:24
I have recently read the Son of Thunder novel and I was facsinated with the stories of Bey of Runlatha. It made me wonder who he was and if there was any connection between Bey and Sunbright from the Netheril Trilogy. Its been awhile since I have read those books, but I seem to remember Sunbright leading his people away from the crumbling Netheril empire much like it was said Bey did. I also remember that the ending said something like "But this is a story for another time..." type ending. So I am wondering if anyone has any info on possible connections between Sunbright and Bey of Runlatha?

Thx
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Murray Leeder Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 16:11:40
That's much appreciated. Glad you liked it. Clayton Emery told me that he had a plan to revisit Sunbright and co. down the line but never got to it.
Caolin Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 05:10:56
Awesome, thx for the reply. I really wish that the Conan-ish ending wasn't in there...or at least tie it up with a short story...makes me always look for connections to the story in any new content that involves Netheril...lol. Anyways, Son of Thunder was one of the best FR novels I have read. I enjoyed the way you developed all of the characters and feel you did a great job of giving everyone the right amount of time and attention.

Cheers
Murray Leeder Posted - 27 Feb 2006 : 21:22:44
As far as I can tell, there's no connection beyond simple parallelism. I did have some exchanged with Clayton Emery and even he has no idea what is the fate of Sunbright's bunch, or the meaning of the Conan-ish last line of the Netheril trilogy. The Bey of Runlatha has been covered in a number of places, most fully in Lost Empires of Faerun.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000