Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Azoun IV's Death

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
webmanus Posted - 14 Aug 2005 : 17:09:04
Hi folks,

Does someone know which day and month when Azoun IV died?

Thanks,
webmanus
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
webmanus Posted - 16 Aug 2005 : 07:27:58
Hi folks,

I did now post a question to master Aed.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 16 Aug 2005 : 05:51:55
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As for a more specific date... perhaps we should ask Ed whether he can provide a more exacting date based on Garen's estimate for Mirtul.
So has anyone asked?

Maybe I'll just do it.
The Sage Posted - 15 Aug 2005 : 06:54:12
And Garen to the rescue...

That's quite a catch! I can't believe I missed that myself.

As for a more specific date... perhaps we should ask Ed whether he can provide a more exacting date based on Garen's estimate for Mirtul.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Aug 2005 : 05:01:26
Good eye, Garen!

But I guess this means there is no definite date... 'Tis kind of odd. You'd expect an event such as the death of a long-time ruler to be a bit more precisely pinned down.
Garen Thal Posted - 15 Aug 2005 : 04:46:01
Fear not, for I have arrived! Of course, I'm supposed to keep track of all this stuff, so it's not so much of a surprise that I'll know what's going on.

Spoiler Space below

The tale entitled "The Long Road Home," a new story for The Best of the Realms, Rook II: The Stories of Ed Greenwood, is set in the first days of Flamerule, 1371 DR. Careful readers will note that one of the characters (Rythra Matcham) is a recent widow, whose husband "died fighting beside the king these two months gone." This places the death of King Azoun somewhere about two months prior to the telling of the tale: late Tarsakh or early Mirtul, assuming the man died only soon before Azoun; remember that Azoun was afield for some time before he fell.

I'd guess that the death of the Purple Dragon should be somewhere between the first and tenth days of Mirtul, 1371 DR, but what do I know?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Aug 2005 : 04:13:11
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Hmmm... I thought "Elminster's Eulogy" for Azoun IV mentioned the month of his death, but I guess I was wrong.

Regardless, we know it occured in 1371 DR.

I was looking at that, too. Great minds, and all that.

I used to have a little print-out of that. It came from some WotC product, I don't remember which. But it was stuck on the fridge, and a ceiling link ran down the fridge and ruined it.
The Sage Posted - 15 Aug 2005 : 02:06:36
Hmmm... I thought "Elminster's Eulogy" for Azoun IV mentioned the month of his death, but I guess I was wrong.

Regardless, we know it occured in 1371 DR.
webmanus Posted - 14 Aug 2005 : 20:11:45
OK, it must be DC 60+ then ... I think it was close his birthday ... When was his birthday?!?
Kajehase Posted - 14 Aug 2005 : 20:10:12
Just in case someone thinks of checking the article in the Dragon Magazine Annual for 2000 - it's not in there either
webmanus Posted - 14 Aug 2005 : 18:20:14
OK thanks Wooly. Maybe, the DC is 50+.

I have read the books that lead to his death, but if I recall correctly, dates are not mentioned in those books ... to bad.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Aug 2005 : 18:01:20
I can't find anything nailing down the exact date... All I can find is that it happened in 1371.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000