Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Moonstars question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Killashandra Posted - 11 Aug 2005 : 17:17:38
Hello!

I was reading .... egad, I've forgotten the title...erm, the new Waterdeep book? Is it City of Splendours (sp)?

Anyway, awesome product :D:D:D

And I was browsing through the Moonstars and noted that one of them (sorry, don't have the book with me, else I'd look up the name) is a Shadowthief lvl 2!!!

Anyone know what's plotting there? I have read very little of the fiction of the realms, so it might be explained in there and I have completly missed it that way.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
khorne Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 12:17:12
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

That could of course mean that she thinks that she's infiltrating the Moonstars on behalf of the Shadow Thieves, when in fact, Khelben has been on to her all along, and uses her to feed them only such information he wants the Shadow Thieves to know about.

Exactly.

Steven
Who sees no reason why Khelben shouldn't bollix up things for those who killed his daughter-in-law/"mother"

Huh? The shadowthiefs killed Khelbens daughter-in-law? Either I haven`t heard about this or I have forgotten it.

Ah, a very interesting truth revealed... I was thinking it was something like that.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Aug 2005 : 00:24:16
quote:

quote:

That could of course mean that she thinks that she's infiltrating the Moonstars on behalf of the Shadow Thieves, when in fact, Khelben has been on to her all along, and uses her to feed them only such information he wants the Shadow Thieves to know about.

Exactly.

Steven
Who sees no reason why Khelben shouldn't bollix up things for those who killed his daughter-in-law/"mother"

Ah, a very interesting truth revealed... I was thinking it was something like that.
Kajehase Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 21:29:36
I was going to make some silly joke about whether he'd do something about the person(s) that killed his mother-in-law. Then I realised that would be Bane...
Steven Schend Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 18:55:31
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

<g> No, I'm still waiting for the novel as well.

It struck me as curious because the Shadowthieves have their whole war against Waterdeep's Lords going. So I was wandering if she was an infiltrator for Khelban into the thieves, an ex-shadowthief or an infiltrator for the thieves into Khelban's orginization. I'm leaning more towards explanation number one currently.

Number one is the most likely. After all, it has been stated that Khelben knows just about everything about the members of the moonstars.

Exactly.

Steven
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 17:58:49
All we know for certain is that Khelben and Laeral do know about her other role.

In another thread, the question was asked of Steven Schend. The original question and his reply:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by webmanus

According to page 19, Land of Intrigue, Book Three, Kiirma is a very low profile (subtle). She poses as a rich widow who owns bording houses, taverns, and festhalls in Riatavin. Furthermore, the Shadow Thieves are so subtle, that folks do not believe that there is no organized presence of thieve there.

I just guess that Khelben, or Laera, have made the misstake of inviting her ... Well well ... just speculating ... Maybe I need to buy a book to learn something new ... a novel perhaps

No mistake. They knew EXACTLY who/what they were getting when they recruited her. As to whether or not she's got a history with Blackstaff Tower or not, I'll not speculate now (because I've not reread all the lore I wrote back in 1996-99 to refresh me brain...). Just be sure that if they're in the tel'Teukiira, they've been vetted and screened and triple-checked for their usefulness and loyalties at a level inconceivable to even the most ardent politicos on this world.

Steven
Who will say Khelben actually enjoys having the shadier members of the Moonstars around, as it's fun for him to watch them try and outmaneuver him as he's 17 steps ahead of them....

Kajehase Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 16:01:49
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

It struck me as curious because the Shadowthieves have their whole war against Waterdeep's Lords going. So I was wandering if she was an infiltrator for Khelban into the thieves, an ex-shadowthief or an infiltrator for the thieves into Khelban's orginization. I'm leaning more towards explanation number one currently.

Number one is the most likely. After all, it has been stated that Khelben knows just about everything about the members of the moonstars.

khorne Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 12:20:29
quote:

Killashandra Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 07:24:39

Melfius Posted - 12 Aug 2005 : 01:03:42
OH! I thought ye were talking about the novel! Don't I feel like a silly bunt!?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2005 : 23:59:29
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Hey! How about some spoiler warnings here! Some of us still have yet to find that darn book!

Uh... Spoilers in sourcebooks? Particularly ones that build off of lore from 2E?

Melfius Posted - 11 Aug 2005 : 18:47:22
Hey! How about some spoiler warnings here! Some of us still have yet to find that darn book!
Kajehase Posted - 11 Aug 2005 : 18:07:46
Darn good tome indeed. And it's called City of Splendors: Waterdeep (American publisher, so no ou in splendou... sorry, splendors.)

As for the plot, I'd say that the information we have about her and the Moonstars boils down to "Khelben works in mysterious ways."
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Aug 2005 : 18:05:19
We don't really know why some people are in the Moonstars... But we do know that their membership roster is more diverse than the Harpers' roster is. There are evil members of the Tel'Teukiira, including a couple of vampires!

If you do a search for "Moonstars", you'll find some other topics discussing them.

Steven Schend's thread also has some information on them.

And of course, the definitive source of lore on the Tel'Teukiira is the 2E product Cloak & Dagger.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000