Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What is the Tethyr Curse?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razz Posted - 07 Dec 2014 : 18:39:38
I wish there was a website, or someplace here at Candlekeep, that had Forgotten Realms lore from the novels. I feel like I am missing so much by not reading dozens of novels.

I came upon mention of a "Tethyr Curse" and I don't know anything about other than it is from the novel "BLACKSTAFF."

Can someone tell me what it is?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 17 Dec 2014 : 02:32:52
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Steven
who wonders if George & Eric shouldn't wrestle with some of those leftover lorebits some time.....

Yes please!

...but only if they promise to leave us with just as many new bits of lore to ponder.
Steven Schend Posted - 17 Dec 2014 : 01:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

The 'tethyr curse' is the notion that bad things happen to tethyrian nobles who stay too long in Waterdeep. It's not a curse per se, but history shows a whole hell of a lot of them who've met their fates in the City of Splendors.

Specifically those of royal or noble lineages from Tethyr. There's details among the histories both in CITY OF SPLENDORS (the 1993 boxed set) and LANDS OF INTRIGUE.

Steven
who wonders if George & Eric shouldn't wrestle with some of those leftover lorebits some time.....
hashimashadoo Posted - 07 Dec 2014 : 20:04:25
The 'tethyr curse' is the notion that bad things happen to tethyrian nobles who stay too long in Waterdeep. It's not a curse per se, but history shows a whole hell of a lot of them who've met their fates in the City of Splendors.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000