Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Blackspire Mountains

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jakuta Khan Posted - 21 Feb 2014 : 11:05:26
Hi All, he Blackpire Mountains, what do we know about them, or is it really their original Name?

They are located in the arrow-shaped area between the dragonspine mountains and the border forest.

thanks for all Input.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 20:19:52
It would have been massively long!

The one mountain chain is the barrier between the Endless Wastes and Thay (and that range had many breaks in it on the original maps), and the other is far to the north above Thar and the Tortured Lands, NE of The Great Mount of Ghaethluntar, and NW of the Great Glacier. Its Ulutiun name is the Taurax mountains (not so bad, really, now that I've looked it up). Sounds like a good range to throw a minotaur kingdom in.

Now that I am looking at it... ya know... that could actually be true! They are in a line, its just broken by the Icelace Lake (and the rest could be under the Glacier). That range could have marked the NE border of the ancient giant kingdoms (anything beyond that was probably dragon territory). In the 30,000 years since those realms were around, that chain could have changed drastically (from natural erosion and other events).
sleyvas Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 16:25:46
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Yup - I've never found a name for them either.

We have TWO sets of Sunrise Mountains though. Also two different names for at least 6 or 7 ranges, and one of those happens to be the more northern Sunrise Range, so at least we have an alternate (in the annoying Ulutiun language).

Yet with all of that, that one tiny range never had a name.

Where's this info from??? Makes me wonder if we didn't have a collapse of a mountain range connecting the two .
Jakuta Khan Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 11:05:39
The Blackspire Ogres are, according to my Knowlesge, located Close the to omlarandin mountains bordering erlkazar, there is the blackspires mountain or mountains. The blackspire ogres are quite famous in the Region.
Dalor Darden Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 04:09:41
I'm not sure, but I thought I found somewhere that there were a clan of Ogres called the Blackspire...but that too could have been homebrew!
Markustay Posted - 23 Feb 2014 : 03:24:54
Yup - I've never found a name for them either.

We have TWO sets of Sunrise Mountains though. Also two different names for at least 6 or 7 ranges, and one of those happens to be the more northern Sunrise Range, so at least we have an alternate (in the annoying Ulutiun language).

Yet with all of that, that one tiny range never had a name.
Jakuta Khan Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 19:48:21
aahh, thanks for this, will have a look.
Dalor Darden Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 19:47:21
The mountains in question are the ones directly north of the Dragonspine Mts. in the Middle of the Ride.
Brian R. James Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 19:03:58
If you're referring to the mountains I *think* you're referring to, then no, they do not have an official name. If you have access to a pdf of Dungeon 170, you'll find a map of the region in the adventure 'Monument of the Ancients'. One of the peaks in these mountains is called Camnod's Cairn; named after one of the Seven Lost Gods.
Jakuta Khan Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 05:49:21
ok thx. for i could not find any other name for that mountain myself seemingly.
Dalor Darden Posted - 22 Feb 2014 : 03:03:22
I may have invented that name myself for my map JK...I'll look and make sure if that was a "homebrew" or if it is canon.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000