Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Demoncysts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulBestwick Posted - 29 Oct 2012 : 14:50:04
Has anyone worked out the conditions that actually exists inside a Demoncyst? Given that they are described as pockets of Eltab's Hidden Layer of the Abyss. Is the air breathable? Is it hot, cold, humid etc. Does it smell of anything in particular? Fire and Brimstone ?

I tried to look up details of Eltabs layer, but there are no descriptions for that layer in the appropriate Fiendish Codex.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PaulBestwick Posted - 06 Nov 2012 : 10:49:20
Thanks Kno, found the description.

So next question. A typical Demoncyst is 100 feet across. And may contain a demon or two. Various plants are described as living on the hidden layer and by implication could have been present when the demoncysts were formed. Do you think that the plants could still be alive in a demoncyst. Given that there is a lack of food. I don't see many previously undiscovered demoncysts containing dretches after all this time. Plants attributed to the hidden layer are Assassin Vines, Blood Thorns, Ironmaw and Viper Tree. One option I had thought about would be seeds for teh trees/plants which the characters could inadvertantly spread to the outer world if not careful.

Kno Posted - 02 Nov 2012 : 17:49:06
It's described in Champions of Ruin.
sleyvas Posted - 30 Oct 2012 : 21:43:43
The closest thing that comes to mind would be the novel (which I forget the title), but it focused on a knight of Lurue going up against the Nentyarch of Dun-Tharos (was he called the rotting man... he was one of the leaders of the Talontar Blightlords).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000