Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Searing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gary Dallison Posted - 23 Aug 2012 : 12:44:31
I have just discovered the wonderful lore mines that are the Volo's Guide to X books and in the Dalelands book in the chapter about Deepingdale i come across a few interesting bits of information that im wondering if anyone has more info about.

The major bit im interested in is The Searing, a great battle between elves of the region (The Hlarr and the Yhendorn) which weakened the Fair Folk so they could not hurl back the humans who later invaded the Dragon Reach.

So does anyone know when The Searing occured, what happened, where, why

Now im a bit sketchy on my ancient FR history so some of what i pose may be completely incorrect (please correct me if so).

Looking at the geography of the region now it looks like Deepingdale is the border of where the forest of Cormanthor ends, now im wondering if The Searing could as its name suggests involve fire and the burning of large portions of the forest, possibly enough along the coast of now Sembia to allow humans to settle later.

Also in Deepingdale is the Darkwatch which lies atop the ancient elven ruined city of Tsornyl which was destroyed by Moander's rot, could it be that this ancient elven city was tainted by Moander's evil long before the city was destroyed which caused The Searing by having elf fight elf. Then when the city was cleansed Moander as retribution hurled a large part of himself at the city to destroy it.

The date of Tsornyl's destruction is 75DR i think, i cant remember reading about it in the Cormanthor Sourcebook but it probably should have been mentioned, and i dont recall anything mentioned about the Searing in there but i havent got that book any more.

If anyone has any info or thoughts they would be much appreciated as i do love collecting random bits of lore about places.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 24 Aug 2012 : 20:55:51
Great read - thanks for the link.

I would say that could possibly re-written to allow for 4e's Eladrin; the whole things sounds like a cultural dispute between the ancient fey-worshiping Sylvan elves and later-coming Seldarine worshipers (who were probably Eladrin, so thats why that article should be tweaked). Good stuff.
Marc Posted - 24 Aug 2012 : 16:30:21
I remember this was answered years ago.

link

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000