Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Darkhold - 1370+

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Archistratege Posted - 03 Apr 2010 : 14:31:11
Hail Sages,

I have been searching through various books for the answers for these question, but I have as of yet not come up with any. Perhaps one of you can aid me?

The questions are these:

1) For how long past the year 1370 do the Cyric-worshipping duo 'The Pereghost' and 'Dhamir Ercals' remain the leaders of Darkhold, now that Fzoul Chembryl attempts to convert the entire Zentarim organisation to the worship of Bane?

2) How strong is Darkhold - millitary-wise and what kind of troops are posted there?

3) How large a territory does Darkhold command?

4) And lastly... Has any map ever been made for Darkhold?

I will be grateful for the answer to any of these questions, for it appears I am quite lost at the moment. Thank you in advance.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 25 Jan 2013 : 03:06:47
OOh, my brain's goin' now. While in the process of suggesting lore on Dark Hold might be a little inaccurate, I ask myself, "Would a mace of disruption destroy a phylactery?" In which case Varalla might be "alive" and regenerated and building up her power again too.
The Masked Mage Posted - 25 Jan 2013 : 03:00:02
For my two cents about Darkhold post 1370, I like to just pretend that the more recent Dragon Magazine article was mistaken about Semmemon and Ashemi leaving the castle, and keep the Zhentarim East/West dynamic from Cloak & Dagger going. Now isolated and ensconced, they needed new powerful allies, which is how they hooked up with Khelben. I also like the idea that the "Manshoon Wars" are not really over, and the Westgate Vampire Orlak Manshoon is not the only one. Manshoon Prime hooks up with Sememmon after learning some way ancient bit of lore to overcome his clone driven impulses in Candlekeep, goes into hiding under Darkhold - perhaps even in Sshamath, and becomes a new/old powerful force in Darkhold. Now he is dependent on Sememmon to survive, and perhaps even not quite the same guys as he was before (due to the magic to overcome the Manshoon Wars), but still a great behind the scenes manipulator - relocated from the Moonsea into the Underdark/Sword Coast.

They must rebuild and survive. Sooo many possibilities there.
Markustay Posted - 24 Jan 2013 : 21:22:08
That is a great picture - I use that one to represent High Horn.

While looking for it, I stumbled upon the one on pg. 69 (Freudian Slip?) which you can see HERE.

You really have to love the craptastic 'boobmail' art of yesteryear. Good stuff.

Looks like she finally found an opponent who wasn't... distracted... by her ample... skills.
The Masked Mage Posted - 24 Jan 2013 : 18:18:02
I remember that Darkhold was another of those mismatched items in canon. The old Player's Guide had a very different description of Darkhold (complete with a nice V.V. drawing of it not based off of the other Darkhold art).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 12:57:51
There's a copy of Darkhold by itself on eBay right now.
Brimstone Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 04:10:01
And, I got my copy today.

Along with the Vilhon Reach, and Volo's Guide to All Things Magical...

Brimstone Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 07:10:49
So I ordered a copy today.

Brimstone Posted - 04 Apr 2010 : 22:32:32
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Here's the info on the Castles boxed set:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1/castles.htm

Thanks furry one.

Noble Knight does have a copy.

It only described the Castle Hart part. I needed to be sure.

Archistratege Posted - 04 Apr 2010 : 19:37:30
Thank you for the help. Now it appears I have to delve into strange e-bay dunegons to find this book of legend...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2010 : 15:50:55
Here's the info on the Castles boxed set:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1/castles.htm
Asharak Posted - 04 Apr 2010 : 10:15:24
Second edition (tsr1056)
Brimstone Posted - 04 Apr 2010 : 08:51:19
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Darkhold was mapped out and written up as part of the Castles boxed set. It was a boxed set that detailed one castle each from Krynn, the Realms, and Oerth.

I've bought the entire set from eBay, but I have also seen the Darkhold book sold separately a few times -- the first time I bought it, I got it separately, and I think I may have a second copy of it now.

Wooly now I will have to get this boxed set.

Was is 1E or 2E?
Blueblade Posted - 03 Apr 2010 : 19:04:28
I recall Ed saying at a long-ago GenCon seminar, on a panel with TSR staff Realms designers who didn't contradict him) that the Pereghost was a "special case" who would survive or "reappear in circumstances where others wouldn't." That is, after being destroyed in battle, he would re-form, months later, around parts of him that were hidden or even interred far from the rest of him.
I'm not sure if any of this ever made it into print, but the talk on the panel made it clear they intended at the time to do more with it.
Ed? THO? Can you say anything more?
BB
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Apr 2010 : 14:54:19
Darkhold was mapped out and written up as part of the Castles boxed set. It was a boxed set that detailed one castle each from Krynn, the Realms, and Oerth.

I've bought the entire set from eBay, but I have also seen the Darkhold book sold separately a few times -- the first time I bought it, I got it separately, and I think I may have a second copy of it now.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000