Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Erevis Cale???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Faramicos Posted - 25 Jun 2007 : 18:51:30
I have just ordered the Erevis Cale trilogy on Amazon (on strong recomendations from serveral others in here). When reading the reviews they mentioned that he appeared in the Sembia books as well. How crucial is it for me to read them first?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vexxan Posted - 27 Jun 2007 : 07:22:20
I read the Erevis Cale trilogy first and then backtracked to read Shadow's Witness. I already have a good understanding of the characters... and I feel like I'm looking back on the lives of old friends. I don't see any problem doing it this way either, if you wanted to delve into Shadow's Witness afterwards like a prelude.
Matthus Posted - 26 Jun 2007 : 08:54:05
Spoilers -------------------------------------------------------------

Well - I think that starting from the beginning gives a better understanding of the changes Erevis made - from assassin to a unwilling Chosen of Mask. The necessity only applies if you want get a better grip for the character(s) - Riven the other chosen and Jak the Halfling are very good established also.

To get the flair go for it first, but I for example could never wait until the books would be in my hands - I would "peek" before

scererar Posted - 26 Jun 2007 : 04:36:21
I have not read the sembia series yet and I had absolutely no problems.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Jun 2007 : 00:41:22
Right, it's not crucial to have read the Sembia books first (especially since only a few are really important for understanding Cale's character growth), but it would be helpful. And yes, the Sembia series is mostly good, although I think the Erevis Cale series is better.
wwwwwww Posted - 25 Jun 2007 : 21:49:43
It would be a good idea to read the novel "Shadow's Witness" first, before reading that trilogy. It's not absoloutely necessary, but it'll give you a better idea of the character and his past. Not to mention, the book is extremely good.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000