Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Questions on Realm lands

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Virendar Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 16:13:29
ok, i've just read the first 3 books of Songs and Words, and since i cant get the 4th book atm...i started reading the Icewind Dale series. I gotta questions about the Realms in which people live in. When they say "Realm " do thery mean like...a different plane of existance? or is it just different lands or continents on the same planet. The Icewind dale series takes place on a nothern land, and the songsandswords series takes place closer to equator i think, seeing as theres forests and stuff. but are both of these places on the same continent on the same planet ? can Dan from S&S actualy travel north and meet up with Drizzt?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mavericace Posted - 31 Jan 2007 : 01:20:23
Well for Songs and Swords Waterdeep is around (C/D 11) on that first map, Darkhold is (F 14/15) and Tethyr is (I/J 12/13).
Ergdusch Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 20:15:37
The people living in Fearun refer to their continent as the realms! It is only for us gamers knowns as the 'Forgotten Realms', IIRC what Ed had to say about that.

To get a vague idea of how to imagine Fearun and the different parts of where the novels take place you might want to look at this map of Faerun here. (Watch out its LARGE)

Look for A10 for Icewind Dale and Ten Towns

and for locations of the Song and Swords novels you have to look for yourself or some other wise sage might point out other important locations, for I have not read those books myself yet!

Or another map, the newer version you will find here, ready for download.

That might have be of help to you.

Edit: fixed the links.
Jorkens Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 19:05:33
Most of the Realms novels take place on the same continent, in same world. The Icewind Dale series takes place along the western coast called the Sword coast, so does the Song and Sword trilogy.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 16:24:51
quote:
Originally posted by Virendar

or is it just different lands or continents on the same planet.

Mostly when the term Realms is used it refers to the many regions of the continent Faerun. Most novel characters can meet each other and from time to time quite a few do.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000