Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Kymil Nimensin (no ELFSHADOW spoilers please)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ergdusch Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 12:21:09
Reading Forsaken House right now, I came across this name more than a few times already always in connection with his attack on Evermeet. Now I wonder:

1. Who ist he?
2. When did he attack Evermeet?
3. What were his motivations/intentions?
4. Where can I read this story?

Are any knowledgable scribes and sages of Realmslore out there that can answer these questions without spoiling anything in the Last Mythal trilogy?

Ergdusch
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ergdusch Posted - 14 Jan 2007 : 11:03:47
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Elfshadow came out in 1991 I think, Evermeet about 1999. But both ought to be reasonably easily available, particularly Elfshadow.

I have bought elfshadow just the other day, even before opening this thread here! It should be well on it's way.

What I think is very interesting is that these books apparently foreshadowed elven history for many many years. It must have been difficult to write any elven novels since the author would have been bound by these books already, at least in some way. Just musing here........

The Sage Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 23:46:36
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Thanks for the quick answers. Now I at least know the basics and that is all I want so far. For more details I will get copies of the books reffered to above. Apropros, the books weren't Evermeet and Elfshadow written years ago?!

And for future reference, you can check for the publishing dates of FR novels at Candlekeep's Bookshelf:- http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels.htm
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 18:07:17
quote:

Thanks for the quick answers. Now I at least know the basics and that is all I want so far. For more details I will get copies of the books reffered to above. Apropros, the books weren't Evermeet and Elfshadow written years ago?!

Quite. 1997 and 1991, respectively. I got the latter book for Christmas in 1991, and finished it that night.
Reefy Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 18:06:57
Elfshadow came out in 1991 I think, Evermeet about 1999. But both ought to be reasonably easily available, particularly Elfshadow.
Ergdusch Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 17:18:59
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 14:25:20
Evermeet certainly took a major beating in the last few years
Kuje Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 14:15:12
1371 actually according to the FRCS.
Bluenose Posted - 13 Jan 2007 : 13:26:20
quote:

Reading Forsaken House right now, I came across this name more than a few times already always in connection with his attack on Evermeet. Now I wonder:

1. Who ist he?

A rather arrogant and racist Sun Elf Nobleman, who wanted to replace the rule of Amlaruil by an Elven council as it had always been in the past and was meant to be. Of course, his family would have been prominent on this council, but it wasn't about personal power. The earliest book describing him is Elfshadow, where he's a mentor of Arilyn's and a member of a training academy, with a personal circle of exclusively Sun Elven agents. He's eventually unmasked as the person who sent the assassin that killed King Zaor, and he ends up being imprisoned. Eventually he gets sprung by Lolth, Malar and Ghaunadur.

quote:
2. When did he attack Evermeet?

It's covered at the end of Evermeer: Isle of Elves . The year I'm not sure of, about 1370.

quote:
3. What were his motivations/intentions?

Replace the Moon Elven monarchy that rules Evermeet by a proper council, on which Sun Elves will have more power.

quote:
4. Where can I read this story?

Elfshadow and Evermeet: Isle of Elves. Worth reading anyway, but if you want more spoilers I can provide them.

[quote]Are any knowledgable scribes and sages of Realmslore out there that can answer these questions without spoiling anything in the Last Mythal trilogy?

Ergdusch

I don't know about knowledgable ones, but that's the basic information.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000