Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Best FR-Novel first half of 2006

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kajehase Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 15:58:20
I figured I'd split this year up in two halves to make sure all novels can be fitted into the poll (which wasn't possiblein 2004 or 1005).

Might I suggest that anyone who votes also make a top-3-list, so that a novel that's everyone's second favourite doesn't miss out on recognition as well.

Oh...and if anyone want to comment on the books here, please stick to commenting on what was good with the book you voted for. There are other threads more suited for giving critique - in this one we only allow gushing praise

And finally, to avoid misunderstandings, I've only included novels originally published in January 2006 to June 2006 - so re-issues or paperback publications of novels published in hardback before are not included.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
quajack Posted - 22 Jan 2007 : 17:54:02
I voted for Son of Thunder, but could have chosen Vanity's Brood just as easily. I guess I'll go Final Gate for my third. Did anyone else need like 20 minutes to choose? Jack Bauer I am not.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 22 Jan 2007 : 14:17:35
Bladesinger is my choice. I loved the story and the characters.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 22:29:11
I'm reading Vanity's Brood right now, and in retrospect that book might have gotten my vote (I like it that much), but I'm not changing it now. Suffice it to say it's a worthwhile read.
koz Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 05:02:17
I have only read Son of Thunder and Bladesinger from the list. I enjoyed both but my vote went to Son of Thunder. ~sigh~ I really need to catch up on the newer stuff.
MerrikCale Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 02:06:12
1. The Ruin
2. Son of Thunder
3. Bladesinger
Lady Kazandra Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 00:55:32
Realms of the Elves is the only novel from this list that I've read. So that's my vote.
Marc Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 15:38:07
1. Vanity's Brood

Final Gate and the Ruin were spectacular in some other way
Ergdusch Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 12:55:34
I cannot believe how far behind I am with reading FR novels. The number of books I read last year where many, 10 or so and that is a whole bunch at least for me, but none of them are on the list for the second half and the only one that is on this list, Realms of the Elves, I have not finished yet.

$&%/, for Oghma's sake, I will never catch up!

I did not vote, based on my lack of ability to compare these books.
Bluenose Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 11:38:30
A much easier choice than your poll for the second half of the year, i was waiting for Vanity's Brood for a long time and it didn't disappoint me. The only one to come close was Realms of the Elves, but only parts of that really pleased me.
scererar Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 01:44:08
The Final gate

Bladesinger

then realm of elves.

I have not had the chance to read the others on this list though, but her's my vote
The Sage Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 00:42:24
I can't really decide here. My growing dislike of RSE's immediately strikes both The Ruin and Final Gate from the listing.

I haven't read Bladesinger and I have yet to reach Vanity's Brood.

So, I'd say it's a tie with Son of Thunder and parts of Realms of the Elves.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 23:51:27
Can I vote for the worst?!

No, no...my vote went to The Ruin.
Reefy Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 22:24:39
Again, having only read one of the choices, I had to give Final Gate the nod. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Kajehase Posted - 09 Jan 2007 : 15:59:35
And my To-3 is
1. Vanity's Brood
2. The Ruin
3. Final Gate

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000