Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The City of Osse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hoondatha Posted - 27 Apr 2006 : 23:23:31
I just finished reading Lady of Poison (I know, I know, I'm way behind), and I had a question (well, aside from why a maedar would have snakes for hair): where the heck is the city of Osse?

It's never explicitly stated in the book where it is, other than way to the south. It also has at least some feel of aboringinal Australia. However, I can't find it on any of my maps. It's nowhere around Chult, which was my first guess. Nor is it anywhere near Zakhara, which was my second idea.

I read over the Lady of Poison thread, and the question was asked, but not answered. So, did we ever figure out where Osse is located? Or was it created specifically for the book?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 01 May 2006 : 05:04:11
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's not in the Interactive Atlas...

-Most likely because it was so recently introduced. Basically, good ol' Sage said everything there is to say about it.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Apr 2006 : 01:10:39
It's not in the Interactive Atlas...
The Sage Posted - 28 Apr 2006 : 00:45:33
We assume that Osse is one of the "unknown lands" marked on the world map on pg. 231 in the FRCS... likely the larger continent at the bottom SE of the map itself.

All we know about the land itself has been revealed in Lady of Poison. Aside from a few obvious examples in the book, I wouldn't say that Osse is a direct translation of, or heavily influenced by, Australian Aborigine culture -- Gunggari's mannerisms aside (as well as his dizheri), the supposed "ways" of the Osse people could very well be associated with many other examples of Polynesian tribal cultures.

I always thought the actual name "Osse" was a bit of a joke as a matter of fact...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000