Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Completely Self Serving Request

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 20:06:57
Since I noticed a few authors are going on book tours, I though I would take this opourtinuty to serve my own purposes. I know what you are saying . . . don't worry, I'll have an attonement cast and get my paladin abilities back just like that . . .

Anyway, to the point . . .

If any of our esteemed authors are going on a signing tour, and you are near the midwest . . . PLEASE consider swinging through Champaign, Illinois. Oh, and if you would, let me know if you are.

I promise, in return, to force every member of my gaming group, and all of their friends, family, and significant others, to come pay homage to you as you sign books.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 05:56:07
Just a little helpful advice to anyone else trying to earn brownie points with their wife/significant other out there . . .

While, in your own mind, it may be a compliment, apparently most women are not flattered, nor do they consider it a "serenade", when you sing Van Halen's Poundcake as they get dressed for work in the morning.

Just so you know . . .
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 27 Apr 2006 : 21:51:26
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Hm . . . I'd really have to save up some brownie points to be able to make it to Indy . . . (thinking of ways to make the wife happy).

Flowers, dishes, nights out, bathroom, fancy dinners, kittens, jewelry, diamonds, trust funds. . .

In order of increasing cost, of course.

You could also mention that all these authors are pulling for you to come.

Cheers
KnightErrantJR Posted - 26 Apr 2006 : 16:41:44
Thanks Richard . . . and Jaleigh, my gaming group was stunned that we have a FR author in our backyard, so I don't think it will be too difficult to herd them to whatever bookstore you end up appearing at.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 26 Apr 2006 : 07:24:27
Alas, no signing tours for me. I will be at Gen Con Indy, though.
Another option is to mail me your book along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I'll sign it and send it back. If anybody's interested in doing this, email me.
Jaleigh J. Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 23:14:26
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Really? Wow . . . all this time I've seen your name and never knew that . . . I actually live in Rantoul . . . but since there is nothing in Rantoul, Champaign is the hub of civilization here . . . such as it is, lol.

Keep me informed, and thanks!

And you gotta love having all those bookstores to choose from. I'll keep you posted on the signing, but I'm going to hold you to bringing all those people you promised. ;)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 22:56:56
Hm . . . I'd really have to save up some brownie points to be able to make it to Indy . . . (thinking of ways to make the wife happy).
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 22:41:33
Hey Knight,

Champaign's quite a ways out of my way (many hundreds of miles, actually). I think the closest I'll be able to make it is Indianapolis, in August, with the rest of the bunch. And seeing how -- apparently -- we're going to have signing time on the convention floor, with at least a score of us, GenCon's looking like a golden opportunity. I know I'm bringing a few books.

We've Elaine to thank for that.

Cheers
KnightErrantJR Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 20:44:42
Really? Wow . . . all this time I've seen your name and never knew that . . . I actually live in Rantoul . . . but since there is nothing in Rantoul, Champaign is the hub of civilization here . . . such as it is, lol.

Keep me informed, and thanks!
Jaleigh J. Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 20:42:13
Well, I can't help you right now, KnightErrantJR, but when Howling Delve is published, I'd love to do a signing in Champaign. And it won't be very difficult, since I live there. :)

KnightErrantJR Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 20:20:44
Oh, I'm sure it is pretty well planned out in such a manner . . . but on the off chance than anything even remotely comes near hear . . . I had to try. Plus, I know in the past Richard Knaak managed to swing through, so I keep my hopes up.

Mace Hammerhand Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 20:19:03
KEJr, if I understand book-signing tours correctly, the authors don't have much of a say in where they're headed. It's the publishers... maybe I'm wrong.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000