Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Which FR character do you envision yourself as?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silvermage Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 08:17:35
Hello! I know this topic might sound a bit odd and far-fetched, but surely everyone does imagine himself/herself as one of the FR characters which he/she favors.

So, does any of the forum members here mind sharing which FR character do they most envision themselves as. Also, please share some comments and opinions that led you to envision yourself as this particular character.

Thank you. (Moderators are highly encouraged to answer this)
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alexis Merlin Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 22:42:09
I'd say Keldorn Firecam from Baldur's Gate 2...whilst having a strong religious background and a desire to fight for good, I'm not without a good sense of humor, as he shows in a couple of conversations with Yoshimo.

Of course my main character is the one I've played through both Baldur's Gate games with and the Icewind Dale series...Alexis Merlin, travelling Mage!
Haze Posted - 21 Mar 2006 : 02:14:48
Truthfully, the only character I can envision myself as is Khelben Arunsun.

Psht no. I can't really relate to any one character.
scererar Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 02:35:13
Scererar, he just hasn't been written about yet, formally
Kajehase Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 01:32:44
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I can't really envision myself as an FR character... but when I've got the "beard" on with some neatly combed hair, the Lady K says I make a pretty convincing Epis. III Obi-Wan .

You're lucky - only Ewan McGregor-played character I've been compared to is the one in A Life Less Ordinary. Then again...he got a Scottish castle and Cameron Diaz at the end of the movie...
Kajehase Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 01:29:38
Like a few other before me, I can't really say I envision myself as any Realms-character, although I'm sure if I were to encounter a Cranky Red Dragon I'd probably do a decent impression of Giogio Wyvernspur in the same situation.

If we expand the question to fantasy-characters in general, I'd say I used to be much like FitzChivalry from Robin Hobb's Farseer-, and Tawny Man-trilogies at his whiniest (I was depressed, give me a break, ok?), but sans the wolf, magic powers, and knowledge of how to kill people without anyone suspecting it was you.

These days I can't really say I envision myself as anyone but myself, though.
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 00:48:42
I can't really envision myself as an FR character... but when I've got the "beard" on with some neatly combed hair, the Lady K says I make a pretty convincing Epis. III Obi-Wan .
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Mar 2006 : 23:28:57
quote:
Originally posted by GungHo

I don't have a hamster fetish

I, for one, am very glad to hear this!
GungHo Posted - 10 Mar 2006 : 21:50:11
Minsc, cause I'm crazy. Though I don't have a hamster fetish, I'm not bald, I have no witch, I don't have a funny accent, and I don't have a big sword. So, ok, maybe not Minsc.
Winterfox Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 15:49:11
quote:
Originally posted by Deverien Valandil

I envision myself as the Tarrasque. Yep.

*wishes you dead*
Deverien Valandil Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 15:37:22
I envision myself as the Tarrasque. Yep.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 13:31:01
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I can't say I envision myself as any FR character...

I can't say I envision myself as any fictional character I've read about, period.

Yeah, that too... I can say I've occasionally thought I'd be good in a particular group (I could be a Harper, I think, but not a Mocker), but that's about it.

(I do think I'd make a good Jedi, though I'd surely be reprimanded for using the Force for practical jokes. *waves hand* "You are wearing pants. Feel free to go outside.")
Winterfox Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 12:01:48
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I can't say I envision myself as any fictional character I've read about, period.
Braveheart Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 11:58:35
That's a difficult question, but I do like the character of Khelben Arunsun a lot, mostly because he does what he thinks is right and the way he grumbles around a lot.. . Thinking about it, that would only qualify as "favorite character". I think the Realms are too far removed from our world as that you could envision yourself as any of those characters.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 11:30:45
Same as Wooly, I can relate to some of Drizzt's journal entries and thus his toughts, but I can't say that I envision myself as any FR character.

My life is more than enough ;-)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 11:16:21
Sarta Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 09:32:58
I don't really imagine myself as one, but if forced to pick I'd say:

Marcus Wands, but even less capable in a fight... oh and no bardic ability, magic items, or spells.

The wisdom's about right and I usually wind up finding all sorts of ways to talk myself into (and sometimes out of) trouble.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000