Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Azure Bonds: Phalse. (Finder's Stone trilogy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andyr Posted - 25 May 2005 : 18:07:45
Any idea what he was? He's been described as a fiend from Tarterus (which was another name for Carceri, right?) and his known forms are some halfliing-esque creature and what sounds similar to a Death Kiss beholder (mouths on the end of eyestalks).

I'm currently halfway through Song of the Saurials so if he comes back there, can the spoilers be minimised please? :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 28 May 2005 : 22:03:41
The latest Dungeon Magazine has the 3.5 stats for Hordlings and advanced Hordlings in it, which lists them as being native to the Grey Wastes, Tarterus, and the Abyss, though in the FR cosmology this would likely not be the case, though they would likely be from any non lawful lower plane.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 May 2005 : 23:18:26
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Hordlings were minor (though you could certainly have one that is more powerful) fiends in 1E and 2E native to the Gray Wastes of Hades, a step up from larva petitioners, except they all looked vastly different and different powers. They reminded me of -- and probably were inspired by -- the demons that poured through portals in the early Shannara series by Terry Brooks if memory serves. I would think Phalse was more of a unique fiend rather than an advanced hordling in order to compete with his wicked peers.

You're thinking of Elfstones of Shannara, the second book of the original lot. 'Tis prolly my fave of all the ones he's done, though I really enjoyed the Jerle Shannara books, too.
TomCosta Posted - 26 May 2005 : 19:52:52
Hordlings were minor (though you could certainly have one that is more powerful) fiends in 1E and 2E native to the Gray Wastes of Hades, a step up from larva petitioners, except they all looked vastly different and different powers. They reminded me of -- and probably were inspired by -- the demons that poured through portals in the early Shannara series by Terry Brooks if memory serves. I would think Phalse was more of a unique fiend rather than an advanced hordling in order to compete with his wicked peers.
Andyr Posted - 26 May 2005 : 18:16:57
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

It has been hinted, I believe in the Villain's Lorebook, that he could have been a 2ed hordeling. It said that Phalse found Dragonbait on Carcei (SP?) and found portals from there to Faerun. Not that he came from there.

What's a hordeling?
Thelonius Posted - 26 May 2005 : 07:24:24
Wooly is right there, Phalse is never introduced as any entity known, only as some kind of demon.
Foxhelm Posted - 26 May 2005 : 01:52:52
It has been hinted, I believe in the Villain's Lorebook, that he could have been a 2ed hordeling. It said that Phalse found Dragonbait on Carcei (SP?) and found portals from there to Faerun. Not that he came from there.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 May 2005 : 18:31:36
I don't think it's ever been stated what Phalse really was...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000