Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Another RSE?!? Time for some reckless speculation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 07 May 2005 : 05:18:40
Paul S. Kemp said this about the next Erevis Cale trilogy:

quote:

The next trilogy will feature an RSE, so you're right on with that. As for magnitude, I don't really know. I don't think of it as an issue of magnitude, so much as an issue of a good fit with the story I'll be telling. And yes, I think the change will be great for the Realms (and I can say absolutely nothing else about it; seriously).

So, who wants to start the rampant speculation on what Realms shaking/shattering/selling event will involve Cale, and what might happen duing said series.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
VEDSICA Posted - 09 May 2005 : 23:04:03
It's hard for me to speculate on Paul's meaning of an RSE featuring Cale.Midnight's Mask hasn't even come out yet.The possibilities are endless.Though I do hope that Riven makes it through whatever happens.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2005 : 05:03:08
Sorry about the addendum, but I also did not realize that I had read Byers short stories in Dragon until I started reading Year of Rogue Dragons. My step daughter also read the first short story, the one with Taegan, and loved him immediately.

She was also quite fond of Jack in City of Ravens.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2005 : 05:00:55
Yes, I did start reading both of their potential RSE trilogies, though I am thinking of picking up City of Ravens as well, especially since my step daughter checked it out and read it at school, and was thus trumpimg me in Realmslore, lol. It was her first FR book, and she was reading it about the time that I finished Condemnation.
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 May 2005 : 04:54:09
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Yes, sorry Sirius . . . I meant to say that with me they both benifited from this halo. I'm not saying that I did not like the others (though I was not a fan of Athans book, and Smedmen's just didn't do anything for me), but these three made the biggest impression on me.

What books by Baker and Byers did you pick up off this WOTSQ bounce?

I ask because they are both involved in series' that could end up involving an RSE or RAE.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2005 : 04:42:25
Yes, sorry Sirius . . . I meant to say that with me they both benifited from this halo. I'm not saying that I did not like the others (though I was not a fan of Athans book, and Smedmen's just didn't do anything for me), but these three made the biggest impression on me.
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 May 2005 : 04:31:28
quote:

I will say this much . . . the WOTC marketing idea behind the WOTSQ worked in so far as this goes . . . I do plan on going out and starting on the Erevis Cale books, as I did enjoy Kemp's writing in Ressurection (series issues not withstanding)....

BTW, Baker and Byers both benifited from this WOTSQ "halo"

Are you saying you also read other novels by these authors after their work within this series?
KnightErrantJR Posted - 08 May 2005 : 04:20:44
I will say this much . . . the WOTC marketing idea behind the WOTSQ worked in so far as this goes . . . I do plan on going out and starting on the Erevis Cale books, as I did enjoy Kemp's writing in Ressurection (series issues not withstanding).

I know his opinion might make this RSE seem more important to him than it would be to someone else, but I don't know . . . he seems to be implying that it will be a big change "for the better"

I guess I'll be better equiped for further reckeless speculation once I start on the Cale books.

BTW, Baker and Byers both benifited from this WOTSQ "halo"
SiriusBlack Posted - 08 May 2005 : 03:42:17
quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

Poor Vhaeraun...this guy is a punching bag far too often...

Yeah, it does seem like that doesn't it?
Ethriel Posted - 08 May 2005 : 03:35:47
Poor Vhaeraun...this guy is a punching bag far too often...
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 May 2005 : 23:05:28
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I hope not... Vhaeraun's got more style than Mask.

Agreed. I hope the RSE doesn't involve that plot development.
Ethriel Posted - 07 May 2005 : 20:48:24
They better not bump off the Drow Twins...
However, I have faith in Paul...his writing saved Ressurection from mediocrity
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 May 2005 : 19:31:26
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

quote:
Originally posted by Taliferno

I'm thinking it will be the death of Vhaeraun at the mask. Nothing seems to be going Vhaerauns way at the minute.

This is certainly possible. After all, it has been mentioned in Faiths & Pantheons (I think) that Mask's and Vhaerun's portfolios are so similar that the Lord of Shadows wants to take them and add them to his own power.

I hope not... Vhaeraun's got more style than Mask.
DDH_101 Posted - 07 May 2005 : 17:38:39
quote:

I'm thinking it will be the death of Vhaeraun at the mask. Nothing seems to be going Vhaerauns way at the minute.

This is certainly possible. After all, it has been mentioned in Faiths & Pantheons (I think) that Mask's and Vhaerun's portfolios are so similar that the Lord of Shadows wants to take them and add them to his own power.
Kentinal Posted - 07 May 2005 : 15:29:51
quote:

It would not make much difference at this point in time, besides deities do not stay dead.

There will be an upcoming answer about Skullport, that might shake up Undermountian, though a total colaspe I would not expect see happen

Also the Drow already had featured attention recently so RSE might not directly refer to them.

I would be looking for something effecting the surface to be more likely. Though I do suspose the Drow might actually try to take back the surface, I still think ulikely.

Death of a ruler or kingdom would be more Realn shaking and I would consider that more likely.

Other thing that might shake up realm death/change in status of long standing character well known thoughout the realms.
Taliferno Posted - 07 May 2005 : 15:15:32
Krafus Posted - 07 May 2005 : 14:23:08
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
Why do I get nervous when I read a statement like that from an FR author?

Come on... If it was Deathstar Denning then there might be cause to worry, but considering how much hadn't changed at the end of WotSQ, I don't think we need worry overmuch.
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 May 2005 : 05:55:56
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I think the next RSE is going to be the death of Drizzt Do'Urden.

How is that an RSE? C'mon, he's the most important person on the entire planet! Everyone knows that!

Been sampling some wine coolers tonight?

One thing to note with this RSE....Paul Kemp's theory on what constitutes an RSE might differ than what some fans consider an RSE. I know for instance my opinion on the overall effect of the WOTSQ series differs from his beliefs.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 May 2005 : 05:39:07
I think the next RSE is going to be the death of Drizzt Do'Urden.

How is that an RSE? C'mon, he's the most important person on the entire planet! Everyone knows that!
SiriusBlack Posted - 07 May 2005 : 05:26:19
quote:

Paul S. Kemp said this about the next Erevis Cale trilogy:

quote:
I think the change will be great for the Realms

Why do I get nervous when I read a statement like that from an FR author?
DDH_101 Posted - 07 May 2005 : 05:21:05
I think that the RSE will focus more on Mask's main goal: recovering his lost portfolio from Cyric. After all, this was the main reason he made his five Chosens anyways. It would be nice to read about Erevis and his friends battling epic creatures to recover the portfolio of Deception. Hopefully, the Lord of Shadows will make a cameo too.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000