Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Promise of the Witch-king price increase!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 08:28:03
I opened my Amazon cart today to be greeted with this shocker

Please note that the price of Promise of the Witch King has increased from $18.45 to $27.95!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Apr 2005 : 20:40:37
The price is back to Amazon's normal discount rate. As I suspected, it was simply an Amazon error.
Kentinal Posted - 29 Apr 2005 : 20:33:27
quote:
Originally posted by Elmonster

Well, i really do not uderstand what's this is about. I checked amazon.com - the book will be released in hardcover and the price is 18.45.

I think the price is ok for a HC, am i wrong?

It could be exchange rate. There are dollars and dollars.

Depending on size of book 18.45 does not sound all that expensive.
Elmonster Posted - 29 Apr 2005 : 20:24:12
Well, i really do not uderstand what's this is about. I checked amazon.com - the book will be released in hardcover and the price is 18.45.

I think the price is ok for a HC, am i wrong?
The Sage Posted - 27 Apr 2005 : 03:33:34
... So very true.

With the little one on the way, we may well both have to rethink our current gaming product purchases.
SiriusBlack Posted - 27 Apr 2005 : 03:26:41
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Hmmm... Perhaps I should ask my manager if I can have a small wage rise each and every time a new novel hardback is released... .

Yes, instead of a Cost of Living Increase tell him you need a Cost of WOTC Increase.
The Sage Posted - 27 Apr 2005 : 03:19:52
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Please note that the price of Promise of the Witch King has increased from $18.45 to $27.95!

Sweet mother! That's a dramatic price increase.... This is becoming another book that I'll wait for the paperback for.

Hmmm... Perhaps I should ask my manager if I can have a small wage rise each and every time a new novel hardback is released... .
VEDSICA Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 17:52:15
I wouldn't pay that price for it...That's insane...Plus I'll wait for the paperback version.Though I doubt that it will be in paperback first.$18.45 for a paperback is much too steep...
SirUrza Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 17:50:47
But Waterdeep is still listed with it's discount. I think they may have taken down the discount simply to avoid people pre-ordering the book extra early at the discount and/or get early bird pre-order people to pay the full price. :)

There's always www.overstock.com. :)

Kuje Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 17:16:56
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Rhezarnos

Great. With the exchange rates, I'll have to sacrifice another book just to buy this one... If I buy it, that is. *Sigh* Why must they be so damned cruel?

Because they know people will pay hardcover prices.

Raises hand! My book, gimme! :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 17:03:44
quote:
Originally posted by Rhezarnos

Great. With the exchange rates, I'll have to sacrifice another book just to buy this one... If I buy it, that is. *Sigh* Why must they be so damned cruel?

Because they know people will pay hardcover prices.
Rhezarnos Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 16:33:28
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 15:22:24
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Promise of the Witch King supposed to be released in paperback as it's first printing? Not too sure on the paper size but I'm pretty sure they said there wasn't going to be a hardcover edition. But based on the price I'm gonna guess I'm wrong.

Your post is the first time I've heard this possibility. I'd be very surprised if that took place. WOTC knows Salvatore fans will pay hardcover prices. Thus, I expect to see all his future novels to be released in that format first.

As for this title, I love the following from Amazon's listing:

quote:

This title usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks. Please note that special order titles occasionally go out of print, or publishers run out of stock.

Yeah, I'd say the price increase to $27.95 and the designation of this title as a "Special Order" is simply Amazon being Amazon like again.
Paec_djinn Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 15:00:39
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Promise of the Witch King supposed to be released in paperback as it's first printing? Not too sure on the paper size but I'm pretty sure they said there wasn't going to be a hardcover edition. But based on the price I'm gonna guess I'm wrong.
SiriusBlack Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 13:47:41
quote:

Whoa! Looks like they did away with any discounts that Amazon is known for. I wonder why. The last WOTSQ novel was listed at $24.95, but was available for much less via many online vendors. This might simply be an Amazon glitch. Otherwise, I don't see how they can compete with other online vendors who will be offering it for less.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Apr 2005 : 11:36:24
quote:

Sweet mother! That's a dramatic price increase.... This is becoming another book that I'll wait for the paperback for.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000