Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ad'non's Silk Shirt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tebryn14 Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 02:19:00
What do we know about this powerful magical item. I know that Drizzt replaces his armor with it, but is it more powerful than his armor, and is it now his preferred defensive piece. The thing is, there is a quote from the Two Swords, page 324 "Not the shirt he had taken from the dead dark elf, not even the finest suit of Bruenor's best mithral stock would save him from being cloven in half." This seems to suggest that the armor is better, but...

BTW, well met. I am new here, though I like to think I have a presence on the Wizards boards, where I run a deity statting thread for FR (and Planescape).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Freakboy Posted - 03 Mar 2005 : 21:11:24
The D&D game stats for the Spidersilk Shirt are in the Forgotten Realms Product "Underdark". The specific entry can be found on page pg 66 of that product. It is an exotic armor and can be enchanted like normal armor. I don't know if its defensive bonus would be as high as mithral chainmail, but its allowed dexterity bonus certainly would be.
Kentinal Posted - 03 Mar 2005 : 04:55:19
In real world silk armor was useful in that arrows or bolts could be slid though with less damage (of course that infers the missle did not kill on impact).

As for the Magical Item I do not know all its ability, though it as reasonable to acept that the amount carried is lower by perhaps 5 Kg
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Mar 2005 : 03:45:57
You might be right, but didn't Drizzt's armor get rusted (or busted up or something) which lead to him taking it off and replacing it when he found the shirt? I could have remembered it wrongly, but Drizzt's armor needed repairing, and that was back when he was separated from his friends.

Of course, his armor is probably fixed by now.
DDH_101 Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 03:52:37
tebryn, Drizzt doesn't replace his armour with the shirt. He wears it underneath his mithril chainmail as extra protection. Besides, I don't think a silk shirt, no matter how enchanted, would provide as good protection as actual armour against something like a warhammer's blow to the ribs.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 02:24:39
Well met. :)

I assume the shirt is more powerful than Drizzt's old armor, but I don't think there are any official stats for it yet. :)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000