Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Paths of Darkness Gift Set

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 08:11:15
Is anyone thinking of purchasing the Paths of Darkness Gift Set for anyone they know?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ignorance Personified Posted - 20 Jul 2004 : 00:33:49

quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage anyone thinking of purchasing the Paths of Darkness Gift Set for anyone they know?

Yes, I usually buy a box set and give it to someone as a gift(who has read the other books in the series).

quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage
WotC should perhaps have provided something in addition to the novels so there would be extra incentive for those with the hardcovers already, to consider this a collector's dream worth buying...

Nah, then I would have to buy one for myself... They are not really meant as collectors items, more to get people into a series, although as these are books 11-14 perhaps they should include something (a mini calendar of FR book covers or something to promote the setting) because if a person is willing to jump in so late in the series then he/she will buy just about anything.
Dantrag Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 18:57:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Is anyone thinking of purchasing the Paths of Darkness Gift Set for anyone they know?

Maybe...but for me
Feiht Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 18:53:12
I will be buyimg the gift set to add to my collection. The problem with having something along with the gift set is that the gift set comes shrink-wrapped, so having something with it, would entail opening the shrink-wrap, and for collecting purposes, I don't open the shrink-wrap since I already own the paperbak and the hardcovers which I can read instead of having to open the gift set.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 16:08:07
quote:

That is, essentially, why I posted this question here. I was curious to see how many Realms fans would be purchasing the gift set. WotC should perhaps have provided something in addition to the novels so there would be extra incentive for those with the hardcovers already, to consider this a collector's dream worth buying...

I've purchased exactly one gift set from Wizards: I bought the Chronicles trilogy for a friend for Christmas, several years ago. He did not have any of the books, and was only interested in reading them if he got an entire trilogy at once.
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 09:44:47
That is, essentially, why I posted this question here. I was curious to see how many Realms fans would be purchasing the gift set. WotC should perhaps have provided something in addition to the novels so there would be extra incentive for those with the hardcovers already, to consider this a collector's dream worth buying...
Lord Rad Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 09:04:03
Ahhhh ill have to resist I normally buy EVERYTHING to do with FR, but I draw the line with gift sets, I own the hardcovers of the individual novels as well as the hardcover collectors edition...I cant see any point in buying the gift set....as nice as it may look
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 08:57:27
Yes, but these novels are in a slip-cover...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jul 2004 : 08:36:02
quote:

Not I. I've only got a couple of friends that would be interested in it, and I think they've already got all the paperbacks of those books.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000