Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Request to FR writers re weblog contributions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 13 Jul 2004 : 18:20:19
First, please pardon the public request, but it seemed less intrusive than sending an email--and easier to ignore, for those so inclined.

I'm currently rebuilding my author website, and will be adding new content monthly. The August update will include a page to promote the Realms of Dragons anthology. I would like to include on this page a "DragonBlog," which is exactly what it sounds like: a collection of short essays/observations/annecdotes concerning dragons in fantasy. I would love to include the thoughts of any and all writers who are contributing to either of the upcoming RofD anthologies. If you're so inclined, add a short bio--two or three lines. This would be particularly helpful in indentifying writers not yet familiar to Realms readers. Links to your website would also be good.

Don't worry about doing something long or elaborate--I plan to post a two-paragraph bit about how my writing has been influenced by my son's complaint that dragons in fiction die too easily. Even as a young child, he adamently maintained that "in reality," dragons would win far more often than they do.

If you'd like to contribute, send me an email. This web update will be posted in mid August, shortly before GenCon (August 19-22), so there's plenty of time.

The web page will also include a form for readers to submit their own additions to the DragonBlog, and I'd love to hear from Candlekeep members. I'll post again when the page is online with another invitation.

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 20:36:49
Just wanted to let you folks know that the DragonBlog is up and running. Three posts are up--I've received several more, and will be adding them over the next few days.

http://dnddragonsblog.blogspot.com

If anyone here wishes to add a post, send me your text in the body of an email. Include a brief bio--perhaps your Candlekeep identity, if you prefer to keep your online persona separate from Real Life.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 19:31:56
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

That cartoon, in fact, inspired the following limerick:

From battle the dragon went wheeling
And flew to where monks were a'kneeling.
He let loose his fires
And roasted the friars,
Who, unlike the knights, don't need peeling.

I like that one! 'Tis quite clever.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 19:05:25
That cartoon, in fact, inspired the following limerick:

From battle the dragon went wheeling
And flew to where monks were a'kneeling.
He let loose his fires
And roasted the friars,
Who, unlike the knights, don't need peeling.
SiriusBlack Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 17:19:19
quote:
One of my favorite cartoons shows a dragon at the gates of a castle, his arms full of empty full-plate armor--he was "bringing them back for a refill."

ElaineCunningham Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 17:04:18
quote:
Originally posted by Grimbones
Of course we only hear stories of dragons losing.

When the dragons win, nobody comes back to tell the tale. ;)

One of my favorite cartoons shows a dragon at the gates of a castle, his arms full of empty full-plate armor--he was "bringing them back for a refill."
Bookwyrm Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 14:57:34
quote:
Originally posted by Grimbones

Darn straight.
Grimbones Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 14:52:50
quote:

I plan to post a two-paragraph bit about how my writing has been influenced by my son's complaint that dragons in fiction die too easily. Even as a young child, he adamently maintained that "in reality," dragons would win far more often than they do.

====
On a related note, I was driving to work this morning and had one of those painfully rare flash moments in which one realizes an entire story, start to finish. Worst part was, the new story was better than the one Wizards accepted.

That's the perpetual joy/trouble with writing: it is always the next story that will be the best one.
Bookwyrm Posted - 21 Jul 2004 : 14:08:05
quote:

Elaine Cunningham has published 16 fantasy novels and 22 short stories. Her contribution herein to the contrary, she always bets on the dragon to win or place.

Ah, good. Much relieved.
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 20 Jul 2004 : 22:04:04
I've had some questions about this since I posted it on my website, so thought I'd bump the thread.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Jul 2004 : 00:52:41
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Elaine my question to you is:Do you or do you not agree with your son???Just a little curious!

Let's put it this way--my bio in the upcoming anthology reads something like this: Elaine Cunningham has published 16 fantasy novels and 22 short stories. Her contribution herein to the contrary, she always bets on the dragon to win or place.

I like that one!
SiriusBlack Posted - 15 Jul 2004 : 00:23:17
quote:
Let's put it this way--my bio in the upcoming anthology reads something like this: Elaine Cunningham has published 16 fantasy novels and 22 short stories. Her contribution herein to the contrary, she always bets on the dragon to win or place.

Better faith than some folks had towards Smarty Jones.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 14 Jul 2004 : 23:26:41
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Elaine my question to you is:Do you or do you not agree with your son???Just a little curious!

VEDSICA Posted - 14 Jul 2004 : 23:19:12
ElaineCunningham Posted - 14 Jul 2004 : 16:05:51
I've heard from several writers already--many thanks, folks. A few questions arose, so here are some specifics:

These are short bits, so it's fine to send them in the body of an email. In fact, this is probably preferable, since my anti-virus program takes an occasional, irrational dislike to harmless file attachments.

I'm posting the DragonBlog on my website on or around August 15, but you can send your thoughts any time, before or after, and I'll add them on whenever I receive them.

Thanks!
ec
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2004 : 00:25:01
quote:

Don't worry about doing something long or elaborate--I plan to post a two-paragraph bit about how my writing has been influenced by my son's complaint that dragons in fiction die too easily. Even as a young child, he adamently maintained that "in reality," dragons would win far more often than they do

Oh, I concur, as well. I've been working on a short story that has a dragon in it, and trying to make the party defeat the dragon in a non-cheesy manner is proving difficult.
Optihut Posted - 13 Jul 2004 : 23:53:14
quote:
Don't worry about doing something long or elaborate--I plan to post a two-paragraph bit about how my writing has been influenced by my son's complaint that dragons in fiction die too easily. Even as a young child, he adamently maintained that "in reality," dragons would win far more often than they do.

Just like Vedsica, I agree with your son as well. Smart kid, you've got a winner there :)
VEDSICA Posted - 13 Jul 2004 : 19:43:45
Elaine this sounds pretty sweet,and is a great idea.Hopefully a few of the authors here would be interested.Oh and I happen to agree with your son whloeheartedly.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000