Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Cover of the Two Swords is Out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
monch9 Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 05:44:29

Just as the title says. Link below. Anyone tell me what Drizzt's fighting? Doesn't look like orcs.

Monch

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/177590000
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 16 Aug 2004 : 13:43:00
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava
Todd Lockwood.

Yep, same one as I thought and one of my favorites.
Bergan Posted - 16 Aug 2004 : 13:25:30
They look like yetis to me.

Orcs, to me at least, should look more like the ones in the recent LotR films. I never had much truck with the pig-faced look.
Phobos Posted - 16 Aug 2004 : 12:33:29
you can click the image here to get a bigger pic.

http://www.o-love.net/realms/gal_hun.html

they look kinda apelike... i would say they are orcs... or maybe orogs

PS click the image of the first cover and you will see similarities to the two bands of creatures... the orcs are very apelike in both.
Darth KTrava Posted - 16 Aug 2004 : 01:56:13
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Elmonster

The cover looks similiar to "The thousand orcs". Same colors, same style of drawing.

Same artist if I recall correctly, so no surprise there.

Todd Lockwood.

Crust Posted - 13 Aug 2004 : 22:56:09
I swear, Brandon Lee would have been the perfect Drizzt. I watch The Crow, and I can't help thinking of Drizzt.

Elmonster Posted - 13 Aug 2004 : 10:57:22
quote:
Could they be Derro? Either that or Orogs would be my second guess I think someone else mentioned that already though.

Really i don't know who they are. At first i thought that they are some kind of undead, but no - look at the face of the farthest creature from Drizzt. They are not orogs, nor derro.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 13 Aug 2004 : 03:39:28
Could they be Derro? Either that or Orogs would be my second guess I think someone else mentioned that already though.
SiriusBlack Posted - 13 Aug 2004 : 01:04:46
quote:
Originally posted by Elmonster

The cover looks similiar to "The thousand orcs". Same colors, same style of drawing.

Same artist if I recall correctly, so no surprise there.
Elmonster Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 21:01:58
Bergan Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 20:21:37
Yep! Well done remembering Realms of Valor - that WAS an excellent picture.

Generally speaking though - I've seen far better fan art than the majoity of the Drizzt covers.
Arion Elenim Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 19:34:00
I love the latter day images. I just can't get behind the bright pink skin or even the blue complexion he sometimes sports.
Krafus Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 15:06:10
My favorite Drizzt picture has always been the one on the cover of Realms of Valor (that cover also has my favorite pic of Elminster).
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Aug 2004 : 23:25:37
Jeff Easley, an artist who has done Drizzt art, if I recall correctly, has a new site up.
Tamsar Posted - 11 Aug 2004 : 20:25:02
fro my money best picture of drizz't was the first one, on the cover of the crystal shard, come to that its the best depiction of all three of them IMO.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 11 Aug 2004 : 05:09:24
The skullcap reminded me of Flash Gordon's Ming the Merciless! At least Drizzt has hair.
Great art, if a little dark. They appear to be orcs. Orogs maybe?
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Aug 2004 : 04:33:25
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Yes... the famous Geriatric Incident... I still shudder... especially when you think that they placed that 8-year old looking Cattie-Brie beside him, only to describe scenes of Drizzt's desires for her in the book... this would be a recipe for jail/investigations in this day and age.

I hadn't heard that one before.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 11 Aug 2004 : 03:28:18
Yes... the famous Geriatric Incident... I still shudder... especially when you think that they placed that 8-year old looking Cattie-Brie beside him, only to describe scenes of Drizzt's desires for her in the book... this would be a recipe for jail/investigations in this day and age.

I seriously hope they redesign this cover if/when they reprint it (I think it's been done, but I am unsure...)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Aug 2004 : 17:02:31
quote:
Originally posted by Bergan

Anything is an improvement on the gold skullcap, old man look though.

I heartily agree with that! I hated that look!
Bergan Posted - 10 Aug 2004 : 13:48:58
I'm still waiting to see a good depiction of Drizzt on a novel cover. On this most recent batch he seems to affect "evil armour," something Salvatore has never (to my knowledge) ascribed to him. I think the best picture is on Streams of Silver, although his skin is brown there, not black.

Anything is an improvement on the gold skullcap, old man look though.
The Wanderer Posted - 09 Aug 2004 : 16:31:34
I believe those creatures are the same as the ones that appeared on the cover of The Lone Drow, therefore I would hazard the guess that they are orcs. Orcs seem to be depicted more like hulking gorillas than their ealrier more "porcine" cousins.
SiriusBlack Posted - 09 Aug 2004 : 14:42:18
WOTC has some pre-order information regarding this title.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 May 2004 : 19:20:13
Well... I've said my piece on making Realms movies, more than once, over on the WotC forums. That's a debate I'll not get into again -- it got tiring the first two times.

Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 01 May 2004 : 10:16:34
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A seriously rabid fan who thinks Drizzt needs to be in a movie?

That was funny!

DAMN IT!! I have to come out of the closet! <drumrolls...>

I admit it! I would love for a Drizzt movie to be made! I would weep like a little boy in the theater! Such a movie would contribute, albeit in a limited fashion, to my own self-actualization and my happiness genes would skip a beat and be passed down stronger to my next generation!

Ok... <ducks under computer desk> Fire at will!
VEDSICA Posted - 01 May 2004 : 06:50:02
I couldn't get a really good look at it either.Though it does look good to me anyways.
Darth KTrava Posted - 01 May 2004 : 00:58:24
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Dunno what he's fighting, but I love the art... it's been really good since Sea of Swords...

The art's great, but it's a bit dark to tell exactly what's going on....
Darth KTrava Posted - 01 May 2004 : 00:44:07
quote:

That was funny!
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 21:48:34
Dunno what he's fighting, but I love the art... it's been really good since Sea of Swords...
monch9 Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 08:22:41

Funny guys

But back to the topic. I'll give my speculations :

Could these be Tanaruks? Which means going underdark passing by legion of doom while searching for Bruenor's lost Dwarven stronghold?

Mon
SiriusBlack Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 06:41:49
I like how he appears in mid-leap with his knee cocked back. Neo would be proud. Maybe that means Agent Smith clones are who Drizzt is fighting on this cover.

Go Drizzt! Keanu's acting skills have gone downhill since the classic Bill and Ted movies!
Kuje Posted - 30 Apr 2004 : 06:34:07
quote:

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000