Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Drizzt Illustration in FR Campaign Setting...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
arilyn742 Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 09:29:21
He's described repetitively in the books as having lavendar eyes, but since this he's looked wrong on the new cover illustrations, too! (I haven't gotten to the new ones yet, so I'm not sure if it's just a change in the character.)

What's up with that???
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RogueAssassin Posted - 02 Feb 2004 : 00:48:33
Yeah West, the FR Dm screen is friggin awesome. THe pick of Drizzt and ghyn lookin of that mountin is great. Is the other picture Artemis Entreri? and who is it fighting the beholder.

-Rogue
arilyn742 Posted - 01 Feb 2004 : 10:14:44
Well, other than that I think they look better.

Why did he used to look like a hairy old man?

EDIT: Sorry, stupid browser didn't automatically refresh like it should. I thought there had only been one reply.
Maecenus of Westgate Posted - 01 Feb 2004 : 01:33:19
quote:
Originally posted by Edain Shadowstar

I think by now most people would have realized the illustrations of Drizzt will likely never be truely faithful to his desrciption. I mena there are literally dozens of illustrations of him used in various products int eh past, and how many of them are accurate to the description given by Salvatore? Not many. I've discussions ont he various Drizzt art go on for pages and nothing is achieved. In the end the artist paints what they paint, and WIzards publishes it. You bought it, so now you need to live with it. If you are asking if the character's appearance magically changed, then no, it did not. But can anyone really explain why the illustration looks the way it does? Yeah, but unless you got the artists phone number, you're fresh out of luck.

At one of R.A. Salvatore's book signings, Mr. Salvatore himself made several jokes about some of the cover renditions of Drizzt such as on the Starless Nights novel for example. I believe he compared the illustration to some famous aging news anchor or some such...anyway, my favorite painting of Drizzt to date was the one on the cover of the Forgotten Realms DM Screen.
Edain Shadowstar Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 20:59:47
I think by now most people would have realized the illustrations of Drizzt will likely never be truely faithful to his desrciption. I mena there are literally dozens of illustrations of him used in various products int eh past, and how many of them are accurate to the description given by Salvatore? Not many. I've discussions ont he various Drizzt art go on for pages and nothing is achieved. In the end the artist paints what they paint, and WIzards publishes it. You bought it, so now you need to live with it. If you are asking if the character's appearance magically changed, then no, it did not. But can anyone really explain why the illustration looks the way it does? Yeah, but unless you got the artists phone number, you're fresh out of luck.
Shadowlord Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 20:10:11
quote:
Originally posted by Zacas

where did you hear that? the only time i've ever heard/read of them changing eye color is when they shift from normal light spectrum (which in Drizzt's case would be his lavender eyes) to infrared (which makes most creatures' eyes go red when in use)

The only "moodshift eye-changing" is when a drow becomes incredibly angry, his eyes become a darker red. I would think that Drizzt's become a darker lavender, but I am not certain.
RogueAssassin Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 20:01:28
I think there are several problems with the drizzts insert in The FR campain setting. He wears chainmail for one not studded leather though i think the leather is very cool looking. the stats for his Scimitars are way way WAY off. Artemis's weapons are a horrible representation of his weapons also.

-ROgue
Zacas Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 17:39:17
where did you hear that? the only time i've ever heard/read of them changing eye color is when they shift from normal light spectrum (which in Drizzt's case would be his lavender eyes) to infrared (which makes most creatures' eyes go red when in use)
Ezindir the dark Posted - 31 Jan 2004 : 14:47:08
Well, for the change of the color in his eyes: Drow do change the color in their eyes when they change they mood. So I do not think Drizzt have lavendar eyes all the time.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000