Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Unknown signature

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tyranthraxus Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 18:47:31
I've recently bought a whole bunch of Realms novels from a used book store and I found out that some of them were signed, but I don't know who's signature it is.

Signature in Canticle
Same signature in Spellfire
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aulduron Posted - 25 Jan 2012 : 18:50:55
It's not just the dashes. The date is 31-7-96, instead of 7-31-96. The other date is 9-5-96. In the US that means September 5th, in other places it means May 9th.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Jan 2012 : 14:07:15
quote:
Originally posted by Yoss

My mom used to do it, I think in the hopes that if she lent them to someone she might someday get them back. I don't think it worked, can't really imagine the kind of person who never returns books ever looks on the title page and thinks "oh ya, I should give this back to (whomever)". Or if they do, they promptly forget again. Or if there's a chance of you leaving it at school/work so people know it yours? Anywhere I'm liable to leave a book these days is pretty easily tied back to me.

And I cross my 7s. I use slashes for dates cos I was rebelling in third grade where they tried to make everyone use dashes. *shrug*

That would make sense, but i never lend out my books...i am a selfish bastardo regarding my pristine book collection.
Yoss Posted - 25 Jan 2012 : 03:28:05
My mom used to do it, I think in the hopes that if she lent them to someone she might someday get them back. I don't think it worked, can't really imagine the kind of person who never returns books ever looks on the title page and thinks "oh ya, I should give this back to (whomever)". Or if they do, they promptly forget again. Or if there's a chance of you leaving it at school/work so people know it yours? Anywhere I'm liable to leave a book these days is pretty easily tied back to me.

And I cross my 7s. I use slashes for dates cos I was rebelling in third grade where they tried to make everyone use dashes. *shrug*
Artemas Entreri Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 19:46:20
I have never even thought of signing books i own. Seems sort of pointless.
Aulduron Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 19:36:20
I meant by the way he wrote the date and crossed his 7. Some Americans do one or both of those things, but that's usually the sign of a European. Maybe a Canadian, or Aussie, or New Zealander. I'm not sure
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 19:01:02
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

I'd bet against him being American, but that probably doesn't narrow it down much.

I dunno, my dad's signature is pretty illegible, and my family has been in the US for generations -- going at least as far back as the Civil War.
Yoss Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 18:25:37
I'd put my money on it being the guy who owned it, date is when he bought it.
Tyranthraxus Posted - 24 Jan 2012 : 17:45:21
Heh... Guess I'll never know.
Aulduron Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 21:46:27
I'd bet against him being American, but that probably doesn't narrow it down much.
Seravin Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 21:13:17
Maybe it's the signature of the book's original owners :P
Artemas Entreri Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 19:34:10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FPG-JEFF-EASLEY-AUTOGRAPH-CARD-LORD-TOEDE-CARD-NO-59-/200590035588

Looks like it isn't Easley either
Artemas Entreri Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 19:32:49
That is pretty strange. Definitely not Salvatore, Greenwood, or Caldwell. I believe Jeff Easley was the cover artist for Canticle, but that doesn't look like it matches. The initials sort of look like G and J to me.
Bakra Posted - 20 Jan 2012 : 19:14:29
It isn't Clyde Caldwells'.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000