Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Who would you like to see together in a novel?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyric Posted - 15 Nov 2003 : 22:05:29
i would like to see Malik and Drizzit togheter that would make a good book or Cyric and Drizzit or any of the drown gods.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shadowlord Posted - 29 Jan 2004 : 01:11:07
Well, becoming miniature is always a fiasco.........
Elfinblade Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 18:13:22
i would really want to hear more about that paladin in thornhold.. Algorind was it? that`s one dude that deserves a novel to put things straight after all the stuff he went through..hehe.
EcThelion Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 02:09:52
Hah. I'd lik to se a book where Minsc & Drizzt meets. I can tell you as much as that the only une that will be left unshaken by that meetign will be Minsc. And perhaps Boo, but one never knows what the Minature Gigant Space Hamster preceves, now.
Shadowlord Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 20:50:23
Aerie and Minsc are characters from the Baldur's Gate Game series. They don't exist anywhere else.

However, I think the funniest possible novel would include Pharaun Mizzrym, Gromph Baenre, and Jarlaxle Baenre. They'd be a whole group of sarcastic, powerful, smart-asses
mother1219 Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 20:30:25
What did the original poster mean by "(who ends up as Minsc's new witch"?
Are these characters from BG, or just in the game, visiting from some other area?
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 20:06:57
They're characters from the Baldur's Gate games. Minsc is a slightly eccentric ranger whose animal friend is Boo the Giant Space Hamster.
mother1219 Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 19:37:03
quote:
Actually I would Love to See Liriel and Fydor together in a Novel with Minsc and Aerie (who ends up as Minsc's new witch

Who are Minsc and Aerie? Please forgive my lack of knowledge. I'm making a good go of catching up on the FR novels, but as you know, there are quite a few of them.
mother1219 Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 16:33:47
Hi all,

I'm another refugee from the now-defunct WotC boards.

Personally, I'd love to see Cale and Cadderly, though I can't imagine what would bring the two of them together. I just think it would be neat for Cale to see someone who is a great priest now, but once had some problems and such settling into his role in that capacity.

Also, Ryld + Anyone, Gromph + Anyone, and Cale + Anyone. I'm not picky, heh.
Adrian Moonbow Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 10:06:39
Matteo (from Councillors & Kings) meets the Harpells.

Or maybe a Bane vs Cyric match novelized!
Winterfox Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 09:03:45
Danilo Thann's no longer a Masked Lord; he handed the helm back to Khelben and asked him to find a replacement that's willing to "champion elven causes." Renders that moot.

Besides, Arilyn's not primarily an assassin -- that's just a sort of nickname. Her stats point her as a pure eighth-level (ninth?) fighter in 2E; there's no official 3E version, but a homebrew version I saw had her as a 8 (or 9?) fighter/1 rogue/1 Harper Scout. Stats wise and equipment wise (her moonblade's become unstable), she's at a disadvantage. But if it's in a novel, well, it depends on who's writing it...
Chris_flamehand Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 04:38:32
Personally I'd like to see Arilyn Moonblade off against Artemus Entreri just to see which is a better assassin. Best way for this would be for Artemus to be hired to kill of a lord of waterdeep IE Danilo Thann and Arilyn having to protect him.
Danilo Thann Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 14:20:45
....or Pharaun Mizzrym and just about any other character, except maybe Jarlaxle (too MANY smart asses in that combination). This drow wizard is quckly becoming my favorite, hopefully there is more of him post WoTSQ...
Naroon Shimmerflow Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 14:07:40

I would like to read more about the bouldersholder brothers (ivan and pikle) together with those crazy wizards (harkell..or something, i think) whitch helped Mithrill hall agains the drow attack.

when i read books with those characters i laugh aloud and people looks strange at me when i read on the buss.

funny....

another ale?? anyone??
Danilo Thann Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 01:42:15
I would kind of like to see something more developed between Errtu and the priest Cadderly. There seemed some real potential between the two in the brief previous meetings...
KlarthAilerion Posted - 20 Dec 2003 : 07:41:54
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris
(...) Szass Tam being caught off gaurd and there standing in the shadows Entreri sneaks out to put his oh so awesome dagger into Tam's back(...)

Now that raises an interesting question.. what happens when a life-stealing dagger attempts to drain an undead lich?

As for what character I'd like to see in a novel with what other character, that I don't know. Something to continue the story left unfinished in the Return of the Archwizards series would be nice, though.
SiriusBlack Posted - 20 Dec 2003 : 04:31:18
quote:
Originally posted by Fearsn

Erevis Cale and his trusty side kick Jak on an epic venture with Drizzt and the gang!!

That's an ...interesting combination......
Fearsn Posted - 19 Dec 2003 : 18:00:54
Erevis Cale and his trusty side kick Jak on an epic venture with Drizzt and the gang!!
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 Dec 2003 : 15:46:06
I'd love to see Cale and Tazi from the Sembia series finally work together in a novel. That possibility hinges of course on them both surviving being apart from each other and eventually seeing each other again.

But, it'd still be nice......enough tension in that pairing if it ever took place.
Lord Rad Posted - 19 Dec 2003 : 08:39:40
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

And Ao would be fun to se more of

Im gobsmacked!
The Cardinal Posted - 19 Dec 2003 : 00:04:12
Actually I would Love to See Liriel and Fydor together in a Novel with Minsc and Aerie (who ends up as Minsc's new witch ) NOW that is a novel of Truly Heroic scope!
"MAKE WAY EVIL, I'M ARMED TO THE TEETH AND PACKING A HAMPSTER!"
Cyric Posted - 18 Dec 2003 : 20:57:16
And Ao would be fun to se more of
lowtech Posted - 21 Nov 2003 : 19:05:09
I'd like to see Zaranda Star in a novel written by Elaine Cunningham about a Knights of the Shield conspiracy, or other problems facing Tethyr. And what the hell happened to her adopted daughter (the Ruby Dragon)!?
Lord Rad Posted - 20 Nov 2003 : 10:55:46
quote:
Originally posted by spikeyhairedone

I'm thinking that Tavis and a patholigical liar like Artemis or Jarlaxle might be entertaininng and would result in a good battle.

I believe RA Salvatore is working is assigned to a new trilogy in 2004\2005 based on Jarlaxle and Artemis
Arivia Posted - 19 Nov 2003 : 22:13:06
I'd enjoy seeing Liriel Baenre, Arilyn Moonblade, and all their satellite characters in a novel...or an adventure...
spikeyhairedone Posted - 19 Nov 2003 : 19:30:42
I'm thinking that Tavis and a patholigical liar like Artemis or Jarlaxle might be entertaininng and would result in a good battle.
Cyric Posted - 19 Nov 2003 : 14:43:17
oharhaps it would be that inded if you trown in a god or two
Xylerius Thallin Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 23:29:32
Now that would be a good book.
Arteris Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 03:29:17
At full force, your probably right. But wouldnt it be cool to have like a.. I dunno revolution or somthing and having Szass Tam being caught off gaurd and there standing in the shadows Entreri sneaks out to put his oh so awesome dagger into Tam's back. Of course Szass Tam is probably almost never "caught of gaurd" but wouldnt that be a great story in itself, a bunch of folly mistakes that lead up to him being killed because of them. Or even Entreri working for Tam would be awesome..
Maecenus of Westgate Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 03:20:37
quote:
I dunno but I just have a liking of Entreri... Him and Drizzt are too played out so maybe him set off to assassinate some power ass mage like Szass Tam

I doubt Entreri could stand up to the likes of Szass Tam.

Personally, I'd like to see more books about Entreri and Jarlaxle. These two characters make quite the deadly duo.
Arteris Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 01:58:53
Hmm... Entreri set of to kill any popular hero is a good book in my view.. As long as it isnt crappily written like Elminster in Hell or Thousand Orcs. I dunno but I just have a liking of Entreri... Him and Drizzt are too played out so maybe him set off to assassinate some power ass mage like Szass Tam or that one shade mage that I can never remember his name

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000